1/6 Hot Toys - MMS384 - Suicide Squad - Joker (Batman Imposter) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i dont understand why HT make this figure, because its not from the movie

So they can test to see what works and what does not.

If you run a business and want to generate more revenue more than the standard figure release, you look at other ways to generate it.
In this case, for a toy company, they release variants.

If you look at Hasbro, hell even from the old days with Kenner and Mattel, you see plenty of variants of figures.

I understand why you're opposed to a figure that wasn't even in the movie.

HT did label it "MMS - Movie Masterpiece Series".

Since it's political season here, I keep flip-flopping on this figure. But I called Sideshow and they told me that I will be able to apply the coupon on the first week of November. That brings it down to a more acceptable price range.

i think im going to buy it. After getting Batman in its a solid figure, this one is based on it and we'll never get another like it plus I like it.

i personally ,cant wait to get it,its very unique looking and in my imagination ,it would fit for this joker to do something like this (even tho that look wasnt even in the movie at all)so its a no brainer for me ,i just had to pre order here in europe

For those who do not understand why Hot toys made this figure? and why there are people who love it? ... We like the conceptual art.

In conceptual art, good work is characterized by an impact on the beholder, as one of its objectives is to activate opinion. Hardly cause indifference.

I understand that there are people who do not like a figure. But there are many figures ready-made, and many others still to be done. It is not necessary that we like the same things at all, since it is assumed that the collector collects for his own pleasure, and not to please others.

My Joker (Batman imposter) is coming.

I liked it the minute I saw it. Even before Suicide squad came out, even after i saw the film and didn't like it much. In my mind, I can see the figure to represent two storylines. One, where Batman has been dosed with Joker venom and he starts to think he's Joker and emulates him(The silver in the teeth kinda kills it a bit). Two, Joker has created his own version of Batsuit and is running around Gotham playing "whack a mole" with it's citizens.

So they can test to see what works and what does not.

If you run a business and want to generate more revenue more than the standard figure release, you look at other ways to generate it.
In this case, for a toy company, they release variants.

If you look at Hasbro, hell even from the old days with Kenner and Mattel, you see plenty of variants of figures.

I understand why you're opposed to a figure that wasn't even in the movie.

HT did label it "MMS - Movie Masterpiece Series".

So they do it for the fans and the money

Because it looks cool.

its a batman body with a joker mouth

I LOVE this figure. In hand this figure is absolutely stunning. I got it purely for the artistic creativity. Whether you like it or not you can't deny that it stands out on the shelf. The fact that it wasn't in the movie is actually a positive for me since the movie sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they do it for the fans and the money

WHY ELSE DO THEY DO ANYTHING especially considering option #2. Its all about the money.

Why else do they do 50,000 Iron Men? Is it fanservice, really? No, its HT rakin' in our $$$. Well, not mine I have yet to pick up IM. But just sayin.

WHY ELSE DO THEY DO ANYTHING especially considering option #2. Its all about the money.

Why else do they do 50,000 Iron Men? Is it fanservice, really? No, its HT rakin' in our $$$. Well, not mine I have yet to pick up IM. But just sayin.

pretty much the same with any company from Coca Cola to Ferrari, they all make special edtion stuff to make extra cash on a existing product.

Can we just agree that this piece isn't for everyone? I mean... c'mon fellas if you don't like it then just don't come on the thread. Constructive comments are fine but saying this figure is "an abortion" or implying those of us that purchased it are "dumb" just isn't needed. It is our money and we can determine how to spend it.

Example: I think all the Star Wars releases are dumb. Guess what I've never done? Gone on the Star Wars threads.

Can we just agree that this piece isn't for everyone? I mean... c'mon fellas if you don't like it then just don't come on the thread. Constructive comments are fine but saying this figure is "an abortion" or implying those of us that purchased it are "dumb" just isn't needed. It is our money and we can determine how to spend it.

Example: I think all the Star Wars releases are dumb. Guess what I've never done? Gone on the Star Wars threads.

Great point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back