1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mandarian and Electro figures tho.

Mandarin's still a good looking figure. Don't know about Electro as I was never interested in him.

However, I would never have bought Mandarin to represent The Mandarin. Because he just doesn't represent the look of the character for me. Now, Cumberbatch Doctor Strange on the other hand...

That's a Doctor Strange no matter how bad the film might be.

Suicide Squad Harley fits the same criteria.

And the Letoker? I quite like the idea of him being a fake. A dangerous wannabe. A copycat.

Are you seriously telling people that they can't talk about the movie that the MOVIE MASTERPIECE SERIES figure comes from?

I've officially seen it all....

Thanks, that was my point. I am still not sold on the figure as I relate the figures to their source material. I don't preorder figures from an IP that I have not seen yet and the reviews have not conviced me to pull the trigger yet. I'm still talking about the figures but also incorporating how their source material affects my decision.

Figure looks great. I'm getting it. Even if the movie isn't great I'll still go see it and buy it when it comes out on Blu Ray. It only has to be mildly good for me to enjoy it. Doesn't need to be a Great Gatsby or a Homer's Odyssey for me to like it. It's supposed to be entertaining. That's all I expect from these movies. Not sure we will ever get a definitive comic book movie again like Donner's Superman the Movie or the Dark Knight trilogy.

Figure looks great. I'm getting it. Even if the movie isn't great I'll still go see it and buy it when it comes out on Blu Ray. It only has to be mildly good for me to enjoy it. Doesn't need to be a Great Gatsby or a Homer's Odyssey for me to like it. It's supposed to be entertaining. That's all I expect from these movies. Not sure we will ever get a definitive comic book movie again like Donner's Superman the Movie or the Dark Knight trilogy.

:lecture

From what I've been reading about the film being a " Harley and Deadshot " oriented film , I think it's enough for me to get this figure :lecture

Joker, Harley and Deadshot are all up for PO in Asia, I'm surprised by the increase in price. At least $215 each.

what worries me though is HT may not do enchantress and katana. i was actually only going to display joker and the 3 ladies only cause they were unique and looked kick ass. may be even croc. but now i doubt they will do these. would have loved to see HT tackle enchantress.

what worries me though is HT may not do enchantress and katana. i was actually only going to display joker and the 3 ladies only cause they were unique and looked kick ass. may be even croc. but now i doubt they will do these. would have loved to see HT tackle enchantress.

But there wasn't a scene of katana and enchantress with joker.

You don't want a Waller figure or flag?

I got Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman from BvS even though I disliked the movie a lot because they were like the big 3 from DC.

I was on the fence for this series, was waiting to see the movie first...seeing the first reviews being up and pretty much all negative. Sitting at 32% on RT right now. At this point I'm waiting from reviews from friends to confirm the RT reviews...but it's highly unlikely I'll be seeing it in the theater.

Most likely will be skipping the figurines also.

Who cares bout RT reviews. At the end of the day, they are all just other peoples' opinions, and opinions doesn't equal facts.

Go watch it for yourself and decide.

I care about movie reviews in the same way I care about figurine reviews, or any reviews for that matter.

I rarely spend money without first reading about the product/service I am about to purchase.

That said, I agree that it's a matter of opinion. The RT reviews are definitely not the only thing to go by, which is why I'll wait for my friends opinion which aligns with mine. They are go on the first night, and I tend to wait a few days because I hate crowded theater and line-up.

It's one thing to read reviews. I do too, but at the end of the day what's important is listen to my heart and what I actually feel when I'm watching the movie personally' if I enjoyed it or not.

But I agree with what you are saying :duff

If the movie bombs then this will be all the figures we'll see. Maybe a Joker, Harley and Batman more. But not the others. I thought Suicide Squad was a weird choice as the second DC film in this wave, after all they could have done... But then GOTG was a strange choice and that was the best Marvel film yet. Still going to see this in the cinema. For all it glowing flaws I still enjoyed BvS a lot so I have hopes for SS.

I saw the movie twice today. Let's just say that a original jester suit Harley figure wouldn't be so far fetched. :clap

If the movie bombs then this will be all the figures we'll see. Maybe a Joker, Harley and Batman more. But not the others. I thought Suicide Squad was a weird choice as the second DC film in this wave, after all they could have done... But then GOTG was a strange choice and that was the best Marvel film yet. Still going to see this in the cinema. For all it glowing flaws I still enjoyed BvS a lot so I have hopes for SS.

Yeh. Only these 9 then...

Well, movie isn't bomb, it' average. And i was looking forward to it for a year. Without Joker and Batman it would be maybe even better.

what worries me though is HT may not do enchantress and katana.

I have a feeling that we may not get more of the Suicide Squad at all here. Critic's opinions will have nothing to do with it but if the box office isn't good on this, they'll just simply walk. I really want a Killer Croc but I'm not holding my breath.

It's one thing to read reviews. I do too, but at the end of the day what's important is listen to my heart and what I actually feel when I'm watching the movie personally' if I enjoyed it or not.

But I agree with what you are saying :duff

Agreed. I may often find myself agreeing with the general critical consensus, but that doesn't mean there won't be exceptions now and then. And when it comes to superhero movies I find RT to be especially unreliable for some reason (I absolutely loved MOS, found GL and the original FF movies to be fun guilty pleasures, etc).

But there wasn't a scene of katana and enchantress with joker.

You don't want a Waller figure or flag?

It does not matter if they all were together in a scene or not. Usually I like to see something unique and eye catching in a figure. I think enchantress would look great in 1/6 and katana and croc as well. The joker I can always pick up from a solo batman movie if and ever, but I can still stretch and buy a purple coat joker. But my worry is if the movie bombs - HT may never do enchantress or katana. Rest of the figures from the squad am not much interested in.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Back