1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviews are coming in and so far the critics are saying it's barely OK. So looks like I won't be ordering any of suicide squad. Hopefully Justice League fares better and I can finally get on board with the DCMU like I want to.

Why is this here...

Why is this here...

Some people want to dampen others spirits over the excitement of this film and therefore make an attempt to plummet sales for the figures which ultimately will result in earlier discounts for them to grab these figures at less than retail so they can brag later how they got a better deal than everyone else who paid full price?

Just a hunch.

Some people want to dampen others spirits over the excitement of this film and therefore make an attempt to plummet sales for the figures which ultimately will result in earlier discounts for them to grab these figures at less than retail so they can brag later how they got a better deal than everyone else who paid full price?

Just a hunch.

That is an outrageous starement, how very dare you!
Also if anyone wants to sell off their armoured Batman figs cheaply I won't be saying no....

"Barely OK " seems to be an overstatement due to the reviews I have seen. And while that sucks, it doesn't affect my attitude towards the figures.

A movie can suck and still have cool figures. Especially when they are iconic characters.

yep.

people are wayy too invested in "meaning" with these things.

I get them because they look cool.

I own a fair few figures from films I didn't like. Doesn't stop me liking the figures. Harley looks ace, and if I like Margot in the role I'll probably get it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A movie can suck and still have cool figures. Especially when they are iconic characters.

I own a fair few figures from films I didn't like. Doesn't stop me liking the figures.

It helps if the film is good. :lol

But I agree. Figures have a life on the shelf (and in the imagination) that can go beyond the film that gave rise to them.

Seems like all the critics that love it..really LOVE it. And the ones that hate it...really really hate it. At least for the most part everyone seems to pretty much love Harley. Even if it is a bomb I doubt id cancel my order, the Harley figure is just to amazing looking!

I love the figures. There is no connection between good/bad movie = get/not get figures, for me. I don't understand that way.

Why is this here...

It's figure related. I buy figures based on my love of the characters they portray, Robocop, Iron Man, Commando, '89 batman, Predator, Captain America etc I didn't invest in the BvS line as it's a lot of money to throw at when I didn't think the film was very good. It's fine if you buy them based on their sculpts etc but its not how I invest my money.

"Barely OK " seems to be an overstatement due to the reviews I have seen. And while that sucks, it doesn't affect my attitude towards the figures.

Agreed. I was not the biggest fan of BvS but Gal Gadot was so memorable and looked so incredible in the WW costume that I couldn't resist ordering the figure anyway. And by all accounts (even from people who hate the movie), Robbie is just as fantastic and memorable in Suicide Squad.

Agreed. I was not the biggest fan of BvS but Gal Gadot was so memorable and looked so incredible in the WW costume that I couldn't resist ordering the figure anyway. And by all accounts (even from people who hate the movie), Robbie is just as fantastic and memorable in Suicide Squad.

Here you go, from the first review I clicked on, Richard Roeper. There are others. :wave

"The stunning and talented, Margot Robbie, riding a wave of success from “The Wolf of Wall Street” to the cover of Vanity Fair, hits all the wrong notes as the bat-wielding and supposedly bat-bleep crazy Harley Quinn. I think Robbie is going for some kind of tough-chick New-YAWK accent as she delivers her one-liners in a self-pleased manner and then pauses for the deadpan reaction from her fellow cast members and (Ayer must have been hoping) laughs from the audience. Whatever she’s doing, it’s a wildly uneven performance, and it’s just not good. Very little about this film is good."

It's a shame this film hasn't won over the critics. Like I did with BvS, I'll make up my own mind and whether or not I'll collect the figures. I enjoyed BvS, but not enough to buy the Hot Toys from it. I do like Harley's look, and if I enjoy the film I may decide to grab her but I will wait for another version with a more tame/normal sculpt.

That's why they slap the pre orders up so early for all these films.

Gal Gadot was so memorable and looked so incredible in the WW costume that I couldn't resist ordering the figure anyway.

Agreed.
00d1fdaec2c1d2066f8eee138020658c.png

d0d0ec0b3007f92cfadd87eb229f47c7.png

9524c407e1f20baac08ba6b5a144c788.png

Back