1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

The knees are a deal breaker for me, I wish they made it seamless like the sh figure arts one because it looks like an action figure toy as it stands right now. Although I do like the costume and the accessories it comes with.

The knees are a deal breaker for me, I wish they made it seamless like the sh figure arts one because it looks like an action figure toy as it stands right now. Although I do like the costume and the accessories it comes with.

There's still time change the body around. It doesn't come out til a year from now.

I'll wait to see if the next one is better , not even sure if this movie will be any good yet

umm... is BBTS gonna have these figures on pre order?

Well. It is a toy. If you want something more "real", get for a statues.

Well. It is a toy. If you want something more "real", get for a statues.
No need to be passive aggressive, for $250 I will criticise and point out its flaws so they can hopefully improve in the foreseeable future.

But it is an action figure...

I don't understand this stupid argument when people say - it is an action figure so it has to have visible joints And if you want no joints go buy a statue. I am yet to see any collector pose their figures long term in extreme poses. (As in All of their figures). While I will buy this and I have no issues I do think that some may prefer a seamless body as these are expensive and museum quality like figures. I also feel that it may have been tough for them to include tattoos on a rubber body. So it's ok. However the argument that oh if you want seamless buy a statue is like saying if it's a toy and you want extreme poses go by a 30 dollar hasbro or a Neca. Let's not shoot each other down based on preferences.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

I rarely preorder from Sideshow these days, but the hammer is a must have, so I jumped on this. Not taking any chances in missing out. The price is a bit high, but not surprising considering the number of accessories included and the detailing of the tattoos and such. This is far from a basic figure design wise, in my opinion. What really torques me is the year long preorder. We'll be talking about Suicide Squad 2 by the time this comes out.

And on a slightly different note, I find it interesting that Batman's rebreather and cuffs are the exclusive item for Deadshot. I wonder if that means no Suicide Squad Batman despite the way it was displayed at SDCC.

WolfBoy's right though. It IS an action figure.

I'm a little surprised at the price of these figures, but what the hell. Ordered Joker, Harley and Deadshot anyway.
I figured Joker would be high but I didn't expect $245 for Deadshot and $250 for Harley. I suppose Harley will be easy to milk like Joker is. Deadshot is surprising though.

Lol at these prices, no really LOL.

$250 seems to be the new norm. Ep 7 Han Solo was the same. In less than 6 months HT has jacked their prices up another $20 bucks. This is getting absurd.

this! :lecture:

How many times have we heard (especially with female sculpts) that they have too much of a dead stare with no life in the sculpt. Now we get something vibrant and folks want something less. HT along with other companies can't win for losing

I think Hot Toys tried a little too hard to give fans want. While their female head sculpts need to be more lively and animated, they don't need to be this excessive. This face just makes some poses look really weird. If anything, they could've added a second head sculpt with her smirking but Hot Toys is too cheap to give us anything extra without raising the price by $30.

$250 seems to be the new norm. Ep 7 Han Solo was the same. In less than 6 months HT has jacked their prices up another $20 bucks. This is getting absurd.

Han also comes with two jackets. And Harley and Joker are both covered in tattoos. We have no idea what affects production costs.

Cost of materials go up, and the over all quality of the craftsmanship of these figures continues to rise.

Literally 0 reason to jump on pre-order for anything.

just wait. if it goes on waitlist, then order. they always convert.

My exact thoughts. Will wait for coupon or waitlist

Next batch of figures will be 279.99 then 299.99. Prices + so much being released = killing the hobby Deathstroke is cheaper and comes with two heads??? Was thinking about getting this line, but cost, and still don't know how the movie will be has pushed me to forget it. If waitlisted will go on so I can decide. Disappointed in the prices to say they least. Plus she is not coming out in another year? Great release timimg, a year after movie comes out. Rather put that 250.00 towards a premium format for now.

Literally 0 reason to jump on pre-order for anything.

just wait. if it goes on waitlist, then order. they always convert.

Payment plans is always a good reason. I'm willing to pay more sometimes if I can pay something in installments vs. somewhere cheaper without. Makes paying easier to digest, esp if you collect other things, raising children, mortgage, etc.

Back