1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Is this item like a limited exclusive? Like should I worry about getting my order in right away or should I be fine waiting around 2 weeks for the movies release to decide. (Same with Deadshot)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nolan's & Ledger's will probably be the closest we ever get to the old school 60+ years of The Joker. No offense to those who like him, just not my taste.

I think you mean William Dozier and Cesar Romero.

Joker isn't a dirty vagrant that spews amatuer philosophical ideas, licks his lips, and wears his mom's make up. Ledger was as much a product of the try hard, Hot Topic crowd as Jared Leto. Both were "method" as well. Neither fit the bill of "clown prince of crime", both cater towards an edgy, nilisitic teenagers.

"Purple coat Joker"and "Silver Jacket Joker" are terrible names for these figures. Even I could have thought of better names for them and I haven't even seen the film :lol

$250 is tough to but its got a new developed body and new headsculpt. Pretty reasonable for that reason alone

You will have a bad day if you want "collect them all" HT like mattel or hasbro. Just pick a thing that matters to you unless you have a million bucks on your bank

Has nothing to do with that. In HK he is $190, the extra cost is SS tax.

Is this item like a limited exclusive? Like should I worry about getting my order in right away or should I be fine waiting around 2 weeks for the movies release to decide. (Same with Deadshot)

It's not super-limited. The exclusive should be available for months.

It's not super-limited. The exclusive should be available for months.

Ok thank you a lot, so I shouldn't have to worry about getting shoved onto a waiting list (like Arkham Joker and Knightmare Bats) if I wait for another 2 - 3 weeks?

Names such as?...

;)

Purple jacket = Gangster Joker

Silver Jacket = Yakuza Joker (because of his dragon tattoo on his back and the Yakuza style suit)

Or Ballroom Blitz Joker because of the trailer song, plus the suit is flashy.

HT hasn't done this many exclusives at once, so it seems to be a new marketing strategy. No telling just how long these exclusive editions will be available. Could be hours or weeks or months. The BvS exclusive set sold out before the film was released I think, but the separate exclusives are still available I think. With these and BttF all having exclusive accessories is new territory so past records may not predict the future with these releases. Most likely, you'll be fine to wait. But if I'm ever doubtful of something, I fill its best to get the order in ASAP to not miss out.

I don't know what exactly is off on this Joker sculpt, but there is something not quite right. The Arkham version is practically flawless, but this one seems to be missing something in the smile I think. That and maybe the eyes. Its very close, but with the incredible likenesses on the other three figures officially released so far, this one is the weakest of the bunch.

Purple jacket = Gangster Joker

Silver Jacket = Yakuza Joker (because of his dragon tattoo on his back and the Yakuza style suit)

Or Ballroom Blitz Joker because of the trailer song, plus the suit is flashy.

giphy.gif

Email them and request a pack out.

I think it costs an extra $10.

Will do. Thanks for the help! :hi5:

The art/figure box is damaged or the shipper is damaged?

The shipper usually has some dents in it, and the art box sometimes has large tears on the corners.

Ok thank you a lot, so I shouldn't have to worry about getting shoved onto a waiting list (like Arkham Joker and Knightmare Bats) if I wait for another 2 - 3 weeks?

since when are Arkham Joker and Knightmare Bats on Waitlist?

Both Arkham Joker and Knightmare are still available. And no, you don't have to worry at all. Plenty of people will wait with PO until they see the movie. Even after that i doubt any of the first 3 regular figures from SS will end up on waitlist anytime soon.

Since there is plenty of complains about no second sculpt for Harley, i would want second head for this Joker too. Something like this. Never mind.

jj.jpg

I think you mean William Dozier and Cesar Romero.

Joker isn't a dirty vagrant that spews amatuer philosophical ideas, licks his lips, and wears his mom's make up. Ledger was as much a product of the try hard, Hot Topic crowd as Jared Leto. Both were "method" as well. Neither fit the bill of "clown prince of crime", both cater towards an edgy, nilisitic teenagers.

What Ledger's version got right was just the craziness and random nonsense he would do with no rhyme or reason. Unpredictable behavior that makes you realize this guy is truly nuts.. William Dozier and Cesar Romero from the old 1966 show were too campy and not frightening or threatening enough, but did have the classic look. Never really cared for Nicholson. Didn't really like his look or acting. He just came across as pretending to be crazy due to his situation and accident. Not genuinely crazy..

I am really trying to reserve judgement, but after BvS was so bad, I've lost all faith in what DC/WB are doing to these characters. And to me the JL trailer looks to be more of the same. Dark, dreary and depressing, but hey they stuck some humor in it ("I hear you talk to fish" ?? Really!?). So far I really don't like anything. MOS was ok. They're trying too hard to differentiate themselves from Marvel's "comic booky" feel, that they're losing who these characters are at their core. These movies should be fun, not depressing. We have real life for that.

i know what you mean mate, i also dont know why that stupid jokes i mean come on its batman not Looney Tunes

Same here, wasn't sold on his look either but he's grown on me and like you I'm a fan of the Joker so I'm always down with fun and new incarnations of the character as long as they service the character properly.

True if the person play his caracter right then it is worth it.

Ah crap, I can't order the exclusive version anywhere except Sideshow? Is it even possible to let them ship it to Europe (Belgium)? :pfft:

Ah crap, I can't order the exclusive version anywhere except Sideshow? Is it even possible to let them ship it to Europe (Belgium)? :pfft:

I'm not sure if they ship outside of North America. Maybe you could try getting a middleman to receive it in North America, then ship it to you?

Back