1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

you dont know which joker you are going to take?

I'm right with you on that. I need to watch the movie first and try to find a nice pose for which ever outfit is it

Yea I think it's a little of both of these. I also want to see how Leto does. I've definitely warmed up a lot to his version. The tats keep bugging me though. :lol

I decided I'm going with the Arkham Joker. I like this HS better, but the straight jacket...

I'm waiting until I see the film to see if I like Letoker. If I miss the EX
items, too bad, but I'm not paying $25 today.

Because to me he just looks like a gangbanger street thug with tats who's a batman fan and wants to look like the Joker from comic books... If I saw him I'd laugh to myself and just think WTF with this ahole!! Sorry I'm old school.. Just not the joker to me. Nolan's & Ledger's will probably be the closest we ever get to the old school 60+ years of The Joker. No offense to those who like him, just not my taste.

agreed! all the characters in the movie are abominated

I'm waiting until I see the film to see if I like Letoker. If I miss the EX
items, too bad, but I'm not paying $25 today.

For me it's both about which of the three outfits best represents the character in the movie and also my enjoyment of the movie. I ordered Harley right away but I need to like the movie before I order a Joker and Deadshot.

As much as I liked the look of the BvS figures and even with liking Wonderwoman in the film I can't justify spending $800 on a movie I am disappointed in.

This look seems the craziest to me which makes me lean toward it but the Arkham version looks fantastic as well.

I guess we've reached the next level of pricing? $250??

Because to me he just looks like a gangbanger street thug with tats who's a batman fan and wants to look like the Joker from comic books... If I saw him I'd laugh to myself and just think WTF with this ahole!! Sorry I'm old school.. Just not the joker to me. Nolan's & Ledger's will probably be the closest we ever get to the old school 60+ years of The Joker. No offense to those who like him, just not my taste.

well its ok everyone has their own taste right? :wink1:

when I saw this Joker for the first time I had my doubts also about him. But I am and remain a truly Joker-Fan, so i like this dude also :)

Yea I think it's a little of both of these. I also want to see how Leto does. I've definitely warmed up a lot to his version. The tats keep bugging me though. :lol

im going for the SS version, why? because this joker got the most accessories for sure

With IM Mark VI and that Jedi Luke rumor, I'll probably get only one Joker and AA is winning right now.

Yea now that I'm thinking about it and if you think about it this version of the joker seems to be the one that stands out the most. One because it was released first (besides AA) Two this version has a crap load of accessories which. Third I feel all the other versions will be sort of plain if you ask me. All the other versions besides this one and AA are suits in different colors. White Tux, Silver Jacket, Gold Jacket, Black Tux, etc. I mean it does bring a Purple Coat and a Purple Cane.

well its ok everyone has their own taste right? :wink1:

when I saw this Joker for the first time I had my doubts also about him. But I am and remain a truly Joker-Fan, so i like this dude also :)

I am really trying to reserve judgement, but after BvS was so bad, I've lost all faith in what DC/WB are doing to these characters. And to me the JL trailer looks to be more of the same. Dark, dreary and depressing, but hey they stuck some humor in it ("I hear you talk to fish" ?? Really!?). So far I really don't like anything. MOS was ok. They're trying too hard to differentiate themselves from Marvel's "comic booky" feel, that they're losing who these characters are at their core. These movies should be fun, not depressing. We have real life for that.

I am really trying to reserve judgement, but after BvS was so bad, I've lost all faith in what DC/WB are doing to these characters. And to me the JL trailer looks to be more of the same. Dark, dreary and depressing, but hey they stuck some humor in it ("I hear you talk to fish" ?? Really!?). So far I really don't like anything. MOS was ok. They're trying too hard to differentiate themselves from Marvel's "comic booky" feel, that they're losing who these characters are at their core. These movies should be fun, not depressing. We have real life for that.

I will not try and convince you that BvS was good because I do believe that people can have opinions (shocker!). I think regardless which direction Wb/Dc goes there will always be unhappy fans because there are so many different interpretations of these characters so a directors portrayal will always upset a certain percentage of the fanbase. With that said im a fan of how Batman has been portrayed in pretty much any movie since there isn't necessarily a RIGHT or WRONG direction only a preference to us as a fan on an individual basis.

But I am confused on how you can say the JL trailer was pretty much more of the same. I thought it had completely different tone from BvS, almost jarringly so even though I did love the trailer. Hopefully you can find enough in the final product to at least appreciate this version of these characters and maybe someone will pick up the torch down the road and do a version closer to your liking. In the meantime...I CANT FREAKING WAIT FOR SUICIDE SQUAD NEXT WEEKEND!!!

Back