1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

These figures are too expensive to PO something you are not 100% sure about! I'll wait til August 5th

Ordered mine. Can't wait until the movie releases (I've got August 4th tickets preordered)! But even if the movie is disappointing, I'm going to want this Joker to pair with BvS Batman. I've loved every trailer so far, so I don't think I'm going to hate this one...

I will not try and convince you that BvS was good because I do believe that people can have opinions (shocker!). I think regardless which direction Wb/Dc goes there will always be unhappy fans because there are so many different interpretations of these characters so a directors portrayal will always upset a certain percentage of the fanbase. With that said im a fan of how Batman has been portrayed in pretty much any movie since there isn't necessarily a RIGHT or WRONG direction only a preference to us as a fan on an individual basis.

But I am confused on how you can say the JL trailer was pretty much more of the same. I thought it had completely different tone from BvS, almost jarringly so even though I did love the trailer. Hopefully you can find enough in the final product to at least appreciate this version of these characters and maybe someone will pick up the torch down the road and do a version closer to your liking. In the meantime...I CANT FREAKING WAIT FOR SUICIDE SQUAD NEXT WEEKEND!!!

If you watch the trailer, yet again there is not even one scene where you see a glimpse of the sun or of a blue sky. Aquaman looks like a depressed alcoholic. I don't know why Cyborg looks like he has metal growing from him?? The Flash looks like the injustice version wearing armor... I know its just a teaser trailer, but I'd rather I didn't see it. I like Cavil as Superman, he's just too depressing. Batman was ok, but I'm not an Affleck fan. Same with WW. Gadot is very pretty and looked ok, but when will we actually have a female character that looks like she can actually kick a@@ instead of slender and sexy. Remember too these movies are made for fans worldwide. The perception the majority of people have around the world of these characters, unlike comic book fans who see all the diversity, will likely be confused by many of the looks they chose. Nothing iconic or having longevity as fan favorite looks for these characters. Just something new for the sake of being different, realistic and gritty as Snyder put it himself... But we shouldn't get off topic here. For those excited, I hope you love it and the movie meets all your expectations! :)

Ordered! :yess:might be seeing the film early on the 1st

will not order anything from this movie until i watch it

Looking forward to PO all three. I love the figures and characters no matter how good or bad the movie will be. And i'm sure SS will turn up to be a blast. I'm so hyped.

Looking forward to PO all three. I love the figures and characters no matter how good or bad the movie will be. And i'm sure SS will turn up to be a blast. I'm so hyped.

That is how I'm looking at them like the designs of the characters. And I'm betting at worst it's just a fun movie.

Lmao!!!!!!
d75e96d45c2b70241e5cb9444665354b.jpg

In the banner at the top of the site it kind of looks like Joker has pigtails too. :lol

I guess we've reached the next level of pricing? $250??

Yep. Then 279.00 then 299.00. At 250.00 really makes me feel price is too high for what I am getting anymore. I understand quality is up, buy if you buy all 3 thats 775.00 plus shipping. Getting too high for me to justify. In five years with these still be cool? I don't know. That's why I get what I love, and stick to comic versions for the most part and original trilogy star wars.

Not convinced yet on this figure will wait to watch the movie . I wish they could somehow hide those joints .

well its ok everyone has their own taste right? :wink1:

when I saw this Joker for the first time I had my doubts also about him. But I am and remain a truly Joker-Fan, so i like this dude also :)

Same here, wasn't sold on his look either but he's grown on me and like you I'm a fan of the Joker so I'm always down with fun and new incarnations of the character as long as they service the character properly.

Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Is there any confirmation that this is his definitive look in the movie?

I found this pic and it's the closest I seen that shows the funky shorts he's wearing but I can tell you that the writing on his shorts is different then what's on the figure.
584deb30771cf06d337d5d5657a7e70c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered Harley but waiting until I see the movie before I order Joker. Want to see if I like the character and if I do want to see which look is the most iconic from the movie. I like the look of the silver shirt and the tux the best so far.

Yep. Then 279.00 then 299.00. At 250.00 really makes me feel price is too high for what I am getting anymore. I understand quality is up, buy if you buy all 3 thats 775.00 plus shipping. Getting too high for me to justify.

I feel the same.
The prices are going up at an alarming rate while we get less in the box (and less of a box).
When the time comes where my dislike of this business model overcomes the pleasure I get from the figures I'll stop buying altogether.
Sadly I can see that coming fairly quickly.
I'll wait for the Fall and see if I feel like getting these, I have enough pre-orders already.

I found this pic and it's the closest I seen that shows the funky shorts he's wearing but I can tell you that the writing on his shorts is different then what's on the figure.
584deb30771cf06d337d5d5657a7e70c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's also wearing an earring and the HT doesn't have it. That means 2.0 purple coat :panic: :lol

PO'd the Joker and Harley Quinn. Deadshot personally does not do anything for me. Looking forward to seeing the film because if it delivers then my anticipation for these figures will go through the roof.

I have a picture stuck in my head of how I want to pose Harley with this guy, so naturally I preordered him too. That gives me Harley, AA Joker, and this one for this line. I hope to keep it to just those three.

Because to me he just looks like a gangbanger street thug with tats who's a batman fan and wants to look like the Joker from comic books... If I saw him I'd laugh to myself and just think WTF with this ahole!! Sorry I'm old school.. Just not the joker to me. Nolan's & Ledger's will probably be the closest we ever get to the old school 60+ years of The Joker. No offense to those who like him, just not my taste.

I agree.....

$250 is tough to but its got a new developed body and new headsculpt. Pretty reasonable for that reason alone

You will have a bad day if you want "collect them all" HT like mattel or hasbro. Just pick a thing that matters to you unless you have a million bucks on your bank

Back