1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently picked this up. Really, really well done figure. Awesome shelf presence. I held off buying for so long because I thought the pants and boots looked kinda funky in pics but in hand it all works and looks really cool.

06801420-217F-47AE-B90E-90AF5117A1A2.jpeg

https://twitter.com/RTAyerCutSS/status/1285006204905955330

Sorry for the necro, anyone interested in seeing David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad would be well served to participate in the twitter fan event tomorrow. Details in the link, tldr, 8am - midnight July 20th (tomorrow), tell @ATT and @HBOMax you want to see the director's cut of the film. Do as little or as much as you want, retweets help, but original content is amazing! Use hashtags #OpSKWAD and #ReleaseTheAyerCut if you're generating unique tweets and tag ATT & HBOMax in them.

I'm not interested in arguing the validity or quality of the film, if it's not your thing then don't participate, that's perfectly ok. As to what we would be fighting to see, a short list of differences in Ayer's cut includes:
?No pop rock soundtrack, the entire film is original score
?More abusive relationship between Joker & Harley, he pushes her out of the helicopter, and his abducting her from Arkham at the end isn't framed as a happy ending
?Joker is in the finale w/ Enchantress. She makes a deal with him to hand him rule of Gotham if he attacks the Squad. This scene is where the photos of him w/ half his face burnt off comes from
?Enchantress takes control of Katana and uses her to attack the Squad
?El Diablo survives the film
?It is rumoured that Steppenwolf was originally intended to be the character that later became Enchantress' brother. Rumour is that HBO will use the new Steppenwolf model from Zack Snyder's Justice League and reimpose those over Incubus.
?The movie ties more closely as a lead up to Justice League. Enchantress is being controlled by a Mother Box to open a portal to Apokalypse. The "eyes of the adversary" minions would likely be updated to parademons
?In the club scene with Common, Joker forces him to shoot himself after refusing to sleep with Harley

?It is rumoured that Steppenwolf was originally intended to be the character that later became Enchantress' brother. Rumour is that HBO will use the new Steppenwolf model from Zack Snyder's Justice League and reimpose those over Incubus.

So before getting his ass kicked in Justice League, he'll get his ass kicked by the Suicide Squad. :lol

Recently picked this up. Really, really well done figure. Awesome shelf presence. I held off buying for so long because I thought the pants and boots looked kinda funky in pics but in hand it all works and looks really cool.

Looks great dude. Just a heads-up but I've heard the jacket can actually stain the figure body.

What's done is done, but there is a method to prevent staining: put something between the body and the jacket. Some people used cling wrap. I bought a cheap 1/6th white shirt and cut it into a weird long sleeve vest. It protects his arms and back, but he's got a little staining on his upper shoulder area. The nice thing is that the purple stain on his weird skin tone ends up looking like a nasty bruise, so it kind of works with the figure.

https://twitter.com/RTAyerCutSS/status/1285006204905955330

Sorry for the necro, anyone interested in seeing David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad would be well served to participate in the twitter fan event tomorrow. Details in the link, tldr, 8am - midnight July 20th (tomorrow), tell @ATT and @HBOMax you want to see the director's cut of the film. Do as little or as much as you want, retweets help, but original content is amazing! Use hashtags #OpSKWAD and #ReleaseTheAyerCut if you're generating unique tweets and tag ATT & HBOMax in them.

I'm not interested in arguing the validity or quality of the film, if it's not your thing then don't participate, that's perfectly ok. As to what we would be fighting to see, a short list of differences in Ayer's cut includes:
?No pop rock soundtrack, the entire film is original score
?More abusive relationship between Joker & Harley, he pushes her out of the helicopter, and his abducting her from Arkham at the end isn't framed as a happy ending
?Joker is in the finale w/ Enchantress. She makes a deal with him to hand him rule of Gotham if he attacks the Squad. This scene is where the photos of him w/ half his face burnt off comes from
?Enchantress takes control of Katana and uses her to attack the Squad
?El Diablo survives the film
?The movie ties more closely as a lead up to Justice League. Enchantress is being controlled by a Mother Box to open a portal to Apokalypse. The "eyes of the adversary" minions would likely be updated to parademons
?In the club scene with Common, Joker forces him to shoot himself after refusing to sleep with Harley

I'd be interested in seeing the Ayer cut of the film, sounds a lot better than the oddity we got to see in at the theatre...

Silly question but would anyone have any knowledge of where to remove the wires from the coat so it will drape better? Never done anything like this before and feel it may improve the way it drapes.

I wouldn't really bother if I were you - the whole coat and what the material is is what makes it rigid. I feel like if you took the wires out it still wouldn't drape, it's just the nature of the material, it's not heavy enough at the bottom for it to become taught and drape better.

I wouldn't really bother if I were you - the whole coat and what the material is is what makes it rigid. I feel like if you took the wires out it still wouldn't drape, it's just the nature of the material, it's not heavy enough at the bottom for it to become taught and drape better.

Thanks for the advice mate. On that basis I won?t bother! 👍🏻

I've got one of the Crazy Toys knock off Purple Coat Joker's coming as a gift from my brother. :rotfl I absolutely loathe Jared Leto's Joker (and the movie) and my brother and I still make fun of the character/reference him to this day because of that. So what better Christmas gag gift to get than a 1/6 version of that abomination without breaking the bank. :lol:lol

I actually plan on displaying it, just in it's own spot on my desk and not in the detolf with the real collectibles. From what I've seen of the Crazy Toys purple coat Joker, I am actually extremely impressed with it for the price. Now the Hot Toys is still better for obvious reasons, but the Hot Toys was also like 7X the price. For a mere like $40 (I didn't ask exact cost but something around there) you can get a solid articulated Joker with the tats and everything. We'll see if it looks as good in person; the head appears to be the weakest aspect of the figure and I am debating about grabbing one of those $20 recast heads of the Hot Toys arkham Joker for it, but I don't know if I want to put any more money into the joke. :rotfl

I got the Crazy Toys Joker in today. I am SHOCKED by how good this thing is for only a mere $40. Looks even better in person than it did in the photos I saw online. It truly is crazy how good some of these knock offs are getting. The head is definitely different than what I saw pictured online; I regret ordering one of the recast heads now because I don't think it will be too much better than this. Biggest complaint with the figure is the ugly black joints they used for the body, and the gappy shoulders. No idea why they did that when they went to the effort of doing all the tats. The colored the wrist pegs at least and I'm keeping the coat on so not too big of a deal especially at the price point.

PXL_20210118_203408323.jpgPXL_20210118_203113057.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_203239456.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_203139336.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_203203467.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_201319227.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_201348684.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210118_201107840.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back