1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they changed the sculpt! I'm really not sure if I like it now! I already have the AA and the Tuxedo on the way. I hate obvious articulation in the bodies also, so undecided now with that sculpt...

Body is pretty awesome, Tattoos look good. Not feeling the head sculpt. After getting the AA version by itself,
having the full Tuxedo Joker and now seeing these pics… I think the Tuxedo Joker head is the winner of the three.

I think they've slightly changed the way the eyes are looking and the narrowness of the mouth. In some pictures it looks great and other it doesn't - a lot pf the pictures make the sculpt features look really soft. Hoping they're just awful pictures. And from the prototype to the finished, the jacket is really puffy and doesn't lay flat

I'd be absolutely gutted if I had this on order. Terrible sculpt...And hate the crappy body with all the joints exposed.

As far as the head sculpt goes… I am not sure what happened, but it seems weird to me.
I think we can easily say this is the weakest of the three Leto heads so far.

Prototype nailed his look, here… not so much.

- He looks thinner in the sides of his face
- Face seems elongated overall
- Teeth are definitely a smaller resculpt… there are more teeth at the sides of his mouth
- Paint app seems a bit off, as well

2mpx0go.jpg

Face is much slimmer, may be the angle. Eyes are also more closed seemingly.

Looks great but not so leto-ey

Can't really afford a hot toy (more of a smaller scale collector) but I'll probably pick up the inevitable bootleg set. There's been one for every suicide squad joker so far, but the coat and printing on the clothing may cause issues

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Proto looked better weird how it changed a bit in production. Body sculpt is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Face is much slimmer, may be the angle. Eyes are also more closed seemingly.

Looks great but not so leto-ey

Can't really afford a hot toy (more of a smaller scale collector) but I'll probably pick up the inevitable bootleg set. There's been one for every suicide squad joker so far, but the coat and printing on the clothing may cause issues

I'm sorry you can't afford it. But consider just wait and get him on second market, probably for a lower price. I'm not happy seeing people buying bootlegs of stuff which was already made under a license, it's just not right to support that kind of business :(

I'm sorry you can't afford it. But consider just wait and get him on second market, probably for a lower price. I'm not happy seeing people buying bootlegs of stuff which was already made under a license, it's just not right to support that kind of business :(
I really understand and appreciate your point. I mainly want to get the bootlegs to build my own version of joker though, custom waterside tattoos and everything. I'd rather create than buy off the shelf. And since there aren't any 3rd party joker bits, and the parted out coat will probably be $50 alone, a bootleg set of clothing may be the way I have to go.

And on a side note, the expression that this joker has, I have a feeling that maybe it was in the materials given out to figure companies before the films release. The figuarts has the same expression, albeit not interpreted quite as well

51b3726c0c3a6d2aca91a69ad4f1764e.jpg
23a24f1e54ed853ce2ee9493b0bd231c.jpg

So now it's released, a gruesome wait for it to arrive to respective owners.

I normally comment how the prototypes are a lot better than their finals, I can understand most times why... But I've never commented before aobut the final release looking like a knock off Hot Toys compared to the prototype, which I feel this one looks. I just don't understand why they had to change the sculpt. I'm going to wait to see more of it, really on the fence now.

body sculpt looks great and overall, i think the figure looks good

not getting this one though, i'll probably wait and see how I like joker in future films before biting the bullet. If I do get any from this film, it'll probably be a suit version.

looks really good! paid it off this month too!
im hoping for the silver jacket version to be toy fair ex

Back