1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

I really hope Joker doesn't suck in this. I've got that same bad feeling I had about Jessie Eisenberg/Lex Luthor going and that did not turn out great.
I think Leto will do fine. It's how they've made him look that I think is going to be hard to get past. Even if the performance is great I just don't know that I can get over how goofy he looks (not in a good Joker way but just in a what were they thinking way).

I think this is a very impressive design for the character. He really looks just as scary and menacing as Ledger's Joker, but without borrowing any elements. I think the look works with Harley Quinn's role in particular as a semi-plausible couple. It is sort of meth-head meets gangster, and there are people like that out there with girlfriends to match.

I think this is a very impressive design for the character. He really looks just as scary and menacing as Ledger's Joker, but without borrowing any elements. I think the look works with Harley Quinn's role in particular as a semi-plausible couple. It is sort of meth-head meets gangster, and there are people like that out there with girlfriends to match.

I was thinking cyberpunk as a way to describe the outfit. There is something about that costume that reminds me of Blade runner and other cyberpunk films.

I was thinking cyberpunk as a way to describe the outfit. There is something about that costume that reminds me of Blade runner and other cyberpunk films.

Reminds me of Riddler from Batman Forever.

Riddler suits.jpg

I think Leto will do fine. It's how they've made him look that I think is going to be hard to get past. Even if the performance is great I just don't know that I can get over how goofy he looks (not in a good Joker way but just in a what were they thinking way).

Yea I trust him as an actor for sure. I was actually pleased when they announced him in the role because I thought physically he was a good fit and as an actor I figured his range would be great and he'd have no issue putting his own spin on the character. I wasn't sold on Ledger when he was cast and he was brilliant. But I think in this case his appearance in SS and maybe how they've pushed him to play the part are what the problem could be. The tats were one thing (and still are) but these outfits are ridiculous. I guess the point I'm getting at is Leto could be wasted in this role because of the creative choices made by David Ayer and his team. It's early obviously and the trailers give little away so I guess we will find out in a matter of weeks. I hope he kills it though.

Well we were on the same page lol

:duff

Reminds me of Riddler from Batman Forever.

View attachment 278258

Damn, he has the cane and everything :lol

I know what it is, it's the leather coat with the big collar and no shirt that's making me think of Blade Runner..and maybe the T1 poster. That's it.

The tats, the branding, the clothing and car... we get it, you're "the Joker". Why try so hard? reeks of insecurity and desperation.

the preview image jacket looks horrible imo, way too bulky and "puffy" looking... might just go with the arkham version depending on the head sculpt difference

the preview image jacket looks horrible imo, way too bulky and "puffy" looking... might just go with the arkham version depending on the head sculpt difference

Yeah, it reminds me of their Eric Draven figure from a while back. The texture looks cheap too.

Yeah, it reminds me of their Eric Draven figure from a while back. The texture looks cheap too.

oh god, I forgot about that...

Looks like they may have putt bendy wires in this jacket too

The tats, the branding, the clothing and car... we get it, you're "the Joker". Why try so hard? reeks of insecurity and desperation.

Because Jason has a low self-confidence :wink1:

This Joker might be insecure and desperate. I would, if I was a big deal 20 years ago, and now there's Superman and a bunch of people with powers walking around.

He has green hair and wears a purple suit. How exactly in past iterations was he not trying to let everyone know who he was?

He has green hair and wears a purple suit. How exactly in past iterations was he not trying to let everyone know who he was?

BOOM :exactly: Plus he has had the Joker mobile in the comics too.

Nicholson and Ledger were attention whores too. The very nature of the Joker screams "look at me", the anti-thesis of Batman's brooding and self loathing.

This is a character that poisoned fish and tried to copyright them because they had a passing resemblance to his visage. :lol

Back