1/6 Hot Toys - MMS381 - Suicide Squad - Deadshot Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really nice looking figure. I was tempted, being a fan of the comic character. But. . .I rewatched about half of the film yesterday and I just can't do it. So so bad. Hopefully in future films they will give us something worthy of buying a figure of this character.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just got mine out of the box today, just a snapshot from the iPhone. Crappy movie, excellent Hot Toys.

deadshot.jpg

What an amazing looking figure. Looks great in all sorts of poses. Big Willie style headsculpt is on point too. Really loving this.

20170719_030510.jpg

20170719_031103.jpg

Nice man! For sure, Hot Toys nailed this one. So many ways to pose him how you like.

This figure reminds me the first Ant-Man. Leave helmet open and show his stunning sculpt or close and show his awesome helmet? Dilema, dilema everywhere. Same here. Similar it will be with this figure. How you guys decide on this? One week sculpt and one week helmet? :D

I know what you mean, man. The mask sculpt gives the figure a completely new look and looks so cool with some dynamic poses. I'm personally going to keep the will Smith sculpt, mainly because we saw his face more in the movie than the actual mask.

Before receiving the figure I planned to display him the majority of the time with the helmet. But I do like the Will Smith head as the likeness is great. I'll keep the helmet on for a while and then switch it back to the unmasked sculpt for a while. And from there switch the eyepiece on and off. Great to have options!

This guy came in the mail today. I also was planning to display him with the helmet, but this headsculpt is incredible. Overall, this is a stunning figure.

I'm keeping the mask on. Will Smith is such a famous and iconic actor, I find it slightly distracting to use his face. But the mask makes it clear this is a Batman villain first and Will Smith second.

Any advice/pics on how to holster the rifle on his back? It looks like that's what the open bracket holster is for (not used for anything else in the instructions), but it's not clear to me how that's supposed to look.

Also, what kind of body does he use? I don't think it's a standard Truetype, as the arms don't rotate in a circle at the shoulder. The ball joint is still there, so you can expand/alter the shoulder angle, but you can't rotate the arm itself separately from the ball joint, which really seems to limit posing. Is this a different design, or is it just stiff on my figure? (The clothing prevents me from seeing the arm itself and confirming whether or not there is a seam for an arm rotation underneath).

Deadshot arrived but when I went to pull the head off to remove the protective paper around the neck this happened.
20170719_210817.jpg
20170719_210810.jpg
20170719_210804.jpg

I know I can crazy glue it but I shouldn't have to repair a brand new figure.. anyone else have this issue before and did u fix it yourself or ask for a replacement??

Trying to set this figure up last night, I was a tad disappointed when I found out the grip on the rifle wasn't glued on. It's an easy fix, sure, but at these prices I shouldn't have to supply my own glue.

UPS dropped off my Deadshot today and after I ate lunch i went ahead and opened him up. Overall amazing the amount of small details on all his weapons and costume are incredible even the clasp on the back that he uses to slide down after he shoots the mob dude in the beginning. The head sculpt is incredible. Looks like Will and the paint is really life like too. Love everything about this figure this is potentially my figure of the year but Doctor Strange may beat it but I'm thinking not just because of all the options you got here we will see. Amazing figure highly recommend I enjoyed Will Smith performance and still like Suicide Squad more then BVS. Some phone pics below I was thinking of doing a review but decided not too. Recommend and gets a A+. Amazing job Hot Toys.
2c85d8d429f60f15bcf96d1cea86adb2.jpg
854b3c0ab0e08d3723f450d3b3fd92b1.jpg
668ee83559be9f3f7879b6f193b39b09.jpg
228ed3d75811d0741125e0b2bc28c529.jpg
924d493cdaa0f392d20bf05cb2457e6e.jpg
041a4711c1c5bd505b52926279072af1.jpg
e085204c8fef10754bd656bf2f26bb29.jpg
045ec3baa5b4150b53251c743b52c4b2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Deadshot arrived but when I went to pull the head off to remove the protective paper around the neck this happened.

Same thing happened to me - frustrating, because removing the neck plug piece on the bottom (which is still attached to the body) is difficult as hell, especially when you're worried about damaging the fragile collar fabric.

I wouldn't consider it "damage" so much as a design flaw though. Seems like the head pieces are a bit looser than on other Hot Toys figures. A bit of glue can fix it, if desired.

I got this guy to my office today to get him set up, and was disappointed with a couple more issues. One of the holders for the banana magazines had fallen off and one of the metal clips that his body armor straps into was broken. The holder just needs a spot of glue, but the broken strap clip... I don't know where to get one of those.

Same thing happened to me - frustrating, because removing the neck plug piece on the bottom (which is still attached to the body) is difficult as hell, especially when you're worried about damaging the fragile collar fabric.

I wouldn't consider it "damage" so much as a design flaw though. Seems like the head pieces are a bit looser than on other Hot Toys figures. A bit of glue can fix it, if desired.

I didn't even think about the neck plug i thought i just had to glue the rubber piece back in. How did you get your neck plug out?? And once its out what do i do with it?? glue it to the head?? I'm not going to risk damaging anything, if i cant get it out with ease i'm just going to ask ssc for a replacement. I've never had this happen to any of my figures before.

Update: neck plug came out pretty easily.. im assuming I should first glue the rubber piece to the head then attach the plug, but do i need put glue on the plug as well

Last edited:
I got this guy to my office today to get him set up, and was disappointed with a couple more issues. One of the holders for the banana magazines had fallen off and one of the metal clips that his body armor straps into was broken. The holder just needs a spot of glue, but the broken strap clip... I don't know where to get one of those.

What's the clip that broke supposed to look like? There's a good amount of 1:6 military stuff out there. You might be able to just replace it.

Back