1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

I can't even stand to look at that old sculpt now.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

This looks to be the best version of Widow since the Avengers version. The suit looks similar to the Winter Soldier version, but I like the hair better. Have to wait and see if this HS beats my Avengers one(still the best imo).

26529631342_8e1ee0d876_b.jpg

It's pretty dam close, her jaw could be rounder but it's really really close

Yeah, that's pretty close. Minor details. Mainly nose is different, and a touch rounder jawline.

Dang good job though. Best yet.

What else has Yulli done besides the Avengers Loki sculpt? I've always loved her work.

Based on that picture, that sculpt is nearly identical. Without a doubt the sculpt with the best likeness.

After looking at it next to SJ, it looks more like Elisha Cuthbert to me.

If it was intended to be a sculpt of Elisha Cuthbert, guaranteed people would say it looks more like SJ. :lol

Ahh, that moment when you have no idea who someone is that people are talking about... #oldman.. :lol

I think the sculpt is good and I always liked the AoU sculpt as well, so I'm happy either way. The problem is that the body will never be the right shape and the neck is always too long, these things just throw off the whole likeness anyway.

I think the sculpt is good and I always liked the AoU sculpt as well, so I'm happy either way. The problem is that the body will never be the right shape and the neck is always too long, these things just throw off the whole likeness anyway.

I agree . So true . I really wish someone can confirm that a particular Phicen body would work with these black widows .

What else has Yulli done besides the Avengers Loki sculpt? I've always loved her work.

Forgive my English as it's not my first language but I don't know how to put this better -- you love her work, but is there anything else under her credits that you can name aside from Avengers Loki?

Avengers Loki, btw, was sculpted by Lee So Young. What Yulli sculpted was The Dark World Loki.

I personally find Yulli inconsistent and overrated. Lee So Young (Blade, Bane, Agent Coulson, Avengers Loki, Storm Shadow, Michael Jackson BAD ) is a better sculptor, IMO. Here are some of Yulli's works:

The ones I find her STRONGEST: Robocop Battle Damage Version (TERRIFIC LIKENESS). Jack Nicholson Joker (DX08 and Mime versions). Burt Ward Robin. WS/AoU Captain America heads (co-sculpted).

The ones I find DECENT/Good: Man of Steel Superman. Sarah Connor headsculpts. Baby Doll.

The ones I find INCONSISTENT (and why Hot Toys won't let her go on these projects instead of letting other sculptors try and see if they can do better I can't tell):
- Black Widows. Took her what, 4 times to get this close?

- Heath Ledger Jokers. Lots of remakes, still not Ledger enough resulting to what must be the most number of 1/6 custom-sculpted heads of any figure.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger figures: Tech Noir T800, MMS T800, DX10 T800, Terminator 1 (police shootout) T800, DX13 T800 Battle Damaged. Not sure if she also sculpted Dutch from Predator line, but her best Arnie to date is DX13 and it's co-sculpted with KA Kim.

She' seems very good at handling head sculpt directorial tasks though.

Sincerely... I can't understand you... :cuckoo::lol

The new head sculpt is AWESOME as human likeness, but I still thinking that Winter Solider BW is BETTER. Yes, everything, less "dead eyes".

parecido_bw_IMG_9191.jpg

parecido2_bw_IMG_9191.jpg

Sincerely... I can't understand you... :cuckoo::lol

The new head sculpt is AWESOME as human likeness, but I still thinking that Winter Solider BW is BETTER. Yes, everything, less "dead eyes".

parecido_bw_IMG_9191.jpg

parecido2_bw_IMG_9191.jpg

We know what your opinion is. And everyone else has stated theirs. Now you just come across as trolling.

We know what your opinion is. And everyone else has stated theirs. Now you just come across as trolling.

I think you are an unpleasant person. I'm from Spain and I try to express my opinion. Maybe I don't know to write in english, but I like to "talk" about likeness, Hot Toys figures, etc. If my opinion is an offense for you, it's your problem.

If my debate/discussion is "trolling" for users, I will stop. My apologies.

Enjoy your Hot Toy figure.

It's just NO ONE is saying the WS HS is bad. She's my favorite Widow until Civil War rolled around. All you keep posting is how you can't believe 99% of us think the new sculpt is better. I mean, we get it? Why not move on and discuss other parts of the new figure? And I'm not offended by your opinion :lol I just think it's weird to basically keep posting the same thing over and over again like you're trying to get us to magically change our minds and agree with you.

I can't even stand to look at that old sculpt now.

:lecture:goodpost:

I liked the WS figure and the sculpt was ok, but this is how figures should be. I commend Hot Toys for getting in a new, fresh pair of eyes to make a sculpt we have all been itching for since IM 2 / Avengers 1.

Some of the side-by-sides are incredible and you'd have to be incredibly pedantic to say it's not 'ScarJo' with a straight face.
- As far as WS BW vs CW BW....:lol

Back