1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a shipping email. How was your order trashed?

Oh, sorry. Shipping emails are quite different from processing emails; congrats, you're going to love this version. I've had it for quite some time already.

So you didn't hear about the Darkseid debacle? Well SS sent out an email (which I'll summarize and also copy here) that said "blah blah...received shipment, after inspecting...blah blah...didn't live up to our high standards. Blah blah...we've decided to cancel and refund all orders...blah blah...if we decide to have the PF made again we will allow you to order first". So I got charged, received my processing email and then got this email a couple of weeks later:

(Forgot to mention that insiders at SS leaked information that the pieces were all damaged during shipment. However, because of the contract with said shipping company, SS had to take the blame and deny any accountability of the shipper in order for them to honor the insurance claim.)

We’re reaching out to share some news about your Darkseid PF – Ex. statue order with Sideshow. We recently received our container of the edition. After an extensive in-house inspection, our Quality Assurance Team concluded the pieces did not pass our high-standards and made the difficult decision to recreate them.

We understand that you were looking forward to receiving your item and that any delay may be disappointing. However, our greatest promise to you is to deliver a collectible that you'll be proud to own and want to show off to your friends and family.

Please know, the staff at Sideshow will continue to strive for perfection and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to recreate this piece for you. In the meantime, we will hold your order in our system and refund any payments to your card on file. Once your item is in production, we will update you with more information about its estimated arrival time and payment schedules.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

-The Sideshow Team

Wow, I did not hear about that (I only have four statues). They must have been horrible for them to cancel all orders at the last minute. I picked up the Wonder Woman PF and had to have it replaced it was so bad (the replacement was perfect).

Wow, I did not hear about that (I only have four statues). They must have been horrible for them to cancel all orders at the last minute. I picked up the Wonder Woman PF and had to have it replaced it was so bad (the replacement was perfect).

I forgot to mention the insider information so I edited my last post, check it again. Basically the shipper was at fault, not SS or the factory. I know, shocker, lol!

Kiwi hi-5.. me too.. :hi5: UPS has her and she's been shipped from Hong Kong.. Scheduled to be here Wednesday..

:hi5: Yesss Kiwi hi-5!! :lol I'm a day ahead of you! They're saying Tuesday for me! But, the same - UPS, shipping out of Hong Kong. So excited!!

Oh, sorry. Shipping emails are quite different from processing emails; congrats, you're going to love this version. I've had it for quite some time already.

Haha considering the email was from "Processing" that's why I called it as such :lol But damn man, sorry to hear about all the issues you had with your other order.

Last week they fiiiiiinnally arrived :clap
And I love them to bits :)

Oh, and I got a processing mail from Sideshow, too. She's on the way, wohooooo

YAY Congrats!!! Hopefully she reaches you soon!

:hi5: Yesss Kiwi hi-5!! :lol I'm a day ahead of you! They're saying Tuesday for me! But, the same - UPS, shipping out of Hong Kong. So excited!!

Haha considering the email was from "Processing" that's why I called it as such :lol But damn man, sorry to hear about all the issues you had with your other order.

YAY Congrats!!! Hopefully she reaches you soon!

Congrats. And I figured these would be coming out of hot toys direct.

She's now in Auckland... Hopefully they don't bust her open looking for cocaine or heroin.. ;)

Yeah I'm not sure what the reasons for the delays are. I have a guess but that's all it would be. They really only started doing this in the last couple years so it's a fairly new process.

Yeah I'm not sure what the reasons for the delays are. I have a guess but that's all it would be. They really only started doing this in the last couple years so it's a fairly new process.

Yeah fair enough! I'm excited, she should be delivered tomorrow, according to the tracking!

:rotfl Going to the museum! :rotfl I've got friends over from California so we're doing tourist stuff today :p But I had to pose Wanda first! Tourism can wait! :rotfl

Sounds fun!

I would do it the other way around personally. I'd go to the museum first, then play with the figure. I don't want to open it up and then feel rushed with having to pose it. :lol

Posing your figures is serious business, after all.

Back