1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price of a collectible (any kind of collectible) is not how much you can pay for it but how much you are willing to pay for it.
Some collectibles means nothing to some people and everything to others.

If it comes down the paying the mortgage or having a Hot Toy...I'm not sure there's a contest really lol

If it comes down the paying the mortgage or having a Hot Toy...I'm not sure there's a contest really lol

...of course a Hot Toy especially if it's about to sell out. Coulson's value went up, he goes between $300-$400.

At the moment with me, it's not so much a case of mortgage or Hot Toy (or any other spending vice for that matter), it's 'put extra on the mortgage' or Hot Toy.. It's hard to stay disciplined when you know the sensible thing with such low mortgage rates (in my country at least) is to try and get the mortgage down.

Fortunately I'm able to do all 3 (pay mortgage, put extra on the mortgage AND buy a Hot Toy/other hobby every now and then, but it usually involves clever accounting with paying off credit cards, and boy are they dangerous things... :lol

This is a hobby. Keyword : hobby. First things first,then hobbies...
Anyone should choose a hobby that can be sustained without taking away from the standard needs of their life.
Someone collects Ferraris and Lamborghini,someone Hot toys , and someone Kinder eggs , but as long this makes happy there is nothing wrong in any choices.

Well said. I'm not in this hobby for the money. I had admired HT figures for ages so when I was finally allowed one by the other half, it was frankly amazing to have one at last! Now I have 3 and another 2 on the way. If something came out which was very expensive and I had the funds - like Hulkbuster - I would get it but just don't have that kind of money. I don't think paying retail is unreasonable at all or, if it was something I really wanted badly, a bit above - which to be fair would be any HT I wanted to get - but I couldn't justify double the retail price. That makes sense I hope! And if you find something at less than retail - like my Thor TDW - then that's a bonus albeit one you have to wait a year or so for and hope to get lucky!

:exactly:

The way I see it: Figures that are revealed that I absolutely know I want in my collection, I PO at retail because they're worth at least retail to me. Sure the price may potentially go down on the secondary market, but that doesn't mean I'll regret buying it at retail. I bought it at retail because it was a figure that I knew I wanted in my collection, so it was worth at least retail to me. Figures on the secondary market that I want, I may pay an above retail price for, but even then, I have my ceiling. Anything above X amount of dollars isn't worth having that particular figure in my collection that badly. And finally, some figures aren't worth even retail to me to have in my collection. It doesn't mean the figure isn't well done, would I have it in my collection? Sure, but not at retail because it's not worth retail to me to have in my collection.

...of course a Hot Toy especially if it's about to sell out. Coulson's value went up, he goes between $300-$400.

I think that's mostly because there's only one Coulson figure. If they released a new one, the value of the original would drop dramatically. Avengers Hawkeye is a good example of this.

I think that's mostly because there's only one Coulson figure. If they released a new one, the value of the original would drop dramatically. Avengers Hawkeye is a good example of this.

Yet Banner they can't even give away.. :lol

Well, Coulson has a huge fan following. I can't really say the same for Bruce.

That's why the whole one figure argument doesn't work though. There are a ton of characters with just one figure, and those are often the lowest priced ones.

It's almost released, then this thread should light up :dance

Ah well it is released, but I suppose all the people who have it already have all posted their photos. :lol

When it reaches SSC and more people get it, the thread will pick back up, like you said. :hi5:

Well she no longer appears in search feeds at Sideshow any more. If you do have the link to her (such as from your order) she still appears as Waitlisted, Interesting you can find Battling Cap if you got to the Hot Toys Captain America page. (Wanda doesn't have her own, lol)

Hmmm, I never thought I'd ever hear Eine kleine Nachtmusik accompany a figure review. Funny, that. :lol

Yeah, that was...odd to say the least. But still cool to see the figure. The more I see it, the happier I am that my waitlist on her converted. I think I have one more flexpay left on her next month and she's mine.

Back