1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys got a lot in common... calling it now, they are gonna be besties.

*Posted in wrong thread earlier, removed and placed here

Cool photo.

I am really debating on whether picking this guy up now, or waiting until that Spooktacular sale comes up. Main concern for waiting is him going out of stock, or just not really good deals. Considering Sideshow wants $25 just to ship him, the discount is already getting eaten up vs BBTS's $4 shipping cost. Also, the shipping stories I've heard of from SS just sending it in the shipper with no padding makes me lean towards BBTS.

Either way I am hoping this will be my first and only Marvel Hot Toy.

Cool photo.

I am really debating on whether picking this guy up now, or waiting until that Spooktacular sale comes up. Main concern for waiting is him going out of stock, or just not really good deals. Considering Sideshow wants $25 just to ship him, the discount is already getting eaten up vs BBTS's $4 shipping cost. Also, the shipping stories I've heard of from SS just sending it in the shipper with no padding makes me lean towards BBTS.

Thanks! I wouldn’t worry about stock until much later, they are plentiful. If not Bbts, eBay, forums, timewalker, etc. But no, this will not be your ‘only’, it will be ‘only the first of many’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Good luck with that! Once you have the figure in hand you'll realize that one isn't enough!

This stuff is straight up plastic/diecast crack!

Thanks! I wouldn’t worry about stock until much later, they are plentiful. If not Bbts, eBay, forums, timewalker, etc. But no, this will not be your ‘only’, it will be ‘only the first of many’.

I guess I would be more concerned with prices going up in the secondary market. Boba at $255 took time for me to pull trigger on, let alone another $100. I did not know about Timewalker Toys though, thanks!

Ha! Good luck with that! Once you have the figure in hand you'll realize that one isn't enough!

This stuff is straight up plastic/diecast crack!
I hope it will be at the average price for Iron Man. I already have enough to worry about thanks to Star Wars and Gundam models.

I'm glad I held off a little bit on ordering this. Ebay currently has a promo code for items falling under the Collectibles Category for 20% off. I was eyeing a NIB Exclusive Sideshow Commander Wolffe, but that got away from me unfortunately. I found a brand new MK46 for $344.99 w/ free shipping. Already beating Sideshow with their $25 shipping charges. -20% discount and applied some eBay bucks for a total of ~$290 shipped! Really looking forward to this arriving. Lets see if I can resist buying another or two and going deeper down the Iron Man rabbit hole.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got an email from the seller saying they had a stocking error and already sold the last one. Can't describe my disappointment, as I had something like this happen on an ipad. Guess I'll just wait for spooktacular.

I'm glad I held off a little bit on ordering this. Ebay currently has a promo code for items falling under the Collectibles Category for 20% off. I was eyeing a NIB Exclusive Sideshow Commander Wolffe, but that got away from me unfortunately. I found a brand new MK46 for $344.99 w/ free shipping. Already beating Sideshow with their $25 shipping charges. -20% discount and applied some eBay bucks for a total of ~$290 shipped! Really looking forward to this arriving. Lets see if I can resist buying another or two and going deeper down the Iron Man rabbit hole.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got an email from the seller saying they had a stocking error and already sold the last one. Can't describe my disappointment, as I had something like this happen on an ipad. Guess I'll just wait for spooktacular.

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into that you know he/she probably didn't. Probably saw that sell and was smart about listing I warrant if you check again after sell ends that stocking error will be fixed in a jiffy. If they don't have anything listed still then I'll be surprised. But at least I can say this: be glad that with trying to buy an Iron Man off eBay you didn't win a bid that resulted in your final price for a Mk45 to be $298 pay it only to go through an annoying process with PayPal of trying to get your money back after emailing the seller a dozen times to see what the heck is he up to no figure delivered while others are on YouTube already putting Stark Heads on it. Then resulting in not having a Hot Toys Iron Man figure that you thought look nice for over 3 yrs then finally resulting in getting the Mk46 which I have to say glad I got it. Better looking and functioning suit anyway out of MCU Iron Man and very reminiscent to comics Iron Man.

2017-10-10 13.05.30.jpg

Mk46 with a sneak peek at a grail pick-up.

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into that you know he/she probably didn't. Probably saw that sell and was smart about listing I warrant if you check again after sell ends that stocking error will be fixed in a jiffy. If they don't have anything listed still then I'll be surprised. But at least I can say this: be glad that with trying to buy an Iron Man off eBay you didn't win a bid that resulted in your final price for a Mk45 to be $298 pay it only to go through an annoying process with PayPal of trying to get your money back after emailing the seller a dozen times to see what the heck is he up to no figure delivered while others are on YouTube already putting Stark Heads on it. Then resulting in not having a Hot Toys Iron Man figure that you thought look nice for over 3 yrs then finally resulting in getting the Mk46 which I have to say glad I got it. Better looking and functioning suit anyway out of MCU Iron Man and very reminiscent to comics Iron Man.

That does sound like a pain, but at least you ended up with a Iron Man you prefer.
Mk46 with a sneak peek at a grail pick-up.
Nice pic

Really like the 46.

Looks great! There is a reason this is the Iron Man I am looking to get.

Having a hard time deciding between two poses though; flying w/ helmet or some sort of pose w/ the RDJ head sculpt like diegohdm posted on page 313. Leaning toward the flight one as its the one that sold me on it, plus all my other HT / SSC (which isn't many) all only have helmets.
bn33SZOm.jpg

I have mine posed as if he is about to fight Cap who is across from him with his shield up.

I had mine posed with Rhodey(IP version) getting ready to due a repulsor blast together arm and arm but have thus changed to something more simplistic. Now I want to go back to that as it was closer to awesomeness.

So... i'm gonna buy this one AND hit Ebay up for the head from Spidey HC suit.

Should fit, right?

The small square magnet that goes under the removable helmet piece (where you insert the batteries), does anyone know if those are purchasable somewhere? Just realized mine never came with them, was wondering for the longest time why the top piece would keep falling off, til I stuck the screwdriver on the head piece area where the other magnet was and realized it was magnetic.

9264b613e4cacb93e61b4f45ee8b78c5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The small square magnet that goes under the removable helmet piece (where you insert the batteries), does anyone know if those are purchasable somewhere? Just realized mine never came with them, was wondering for the longest time why the top piece would keep falling off, til I stuck the screwdriver on the head piece area where the other magnet was and realized it was magnetic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi , I am not sure where you live so what I suggest is you measure the hole and then google for a place that sells neodymium magnets close to you then glue a replacement in .

Find a magnet that is the same size or just a bit smaller . The main thing is to get one that is the same thickens and fits in the hole properly .

You might need to get smaller one as far as I know if you get a bigger one and cut it the magnet will lose its magnetism .

I have used this site before but if your not in AUSTRALIA you can just fine a shop that is in your country.

Back