1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having it for 2days, I really love this figure but one small criticism(I am a picky collector after all!).

The accessories:
The missile launching forearm parts while they are cool to have they seem extremely fragile(as shown on youtube review), mine actually arrived broken...
The effect parts, while I like using some on anime based figures, they just look out of place on HT because they make a realistic looking figure look like a toy.
I just wish I got few more battle damaged parts instead as I really love the BD chest armor part.

Just got it last night so didn't have the chance to pose it. Outstanding figure! Took a lot of time putting the batteries & trying to stabilize it on the diorama stand. Really wish they just use the stand similar to 45 or wm mark 1 or maybe just the regular. It's really annoying. When I place in the detolf, I couldn't even fit captain america properly. I wanna just use the regular stand but the manual says don't use it.

IMG_1659.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG

Just got it last night so didn't have the chance to pose it. Outstanding figure! Took a lot of time putting the batteries & trying to stabilize it on the diorama stand. Really wish they just use the stand similar to 45 or wm mark 1 or maybe just the regular. It's really annoying. When I place in the detolf, I couldn't even fit captain america properly. I wanna just use the regular stand but the manual says don't use it.

View attachment 347630
View attachment 347631

Yeah, I don't bother with that part of the manual. I just go by what I feel works.

Yeah, the manual says it won't work, but then they go ahead and include a regular stand with the much heavier War Machine Mark 3. I currently have mine on a stand like Cap's, and it works just fine. This figure feels even more stable than the others, as it passed my shake test.

20170614_075044.jpg
20170614_075031.jpg
20170614_075011.jpg

Love this guy. It's weird, he seems to just go well any figure

Edit. Sorry for sideways lol

Are the lights on the "inside" of the knee suppose to light up as well? There are one on each inner side of the knee...

Also I think it has more led lights than what the description says. (Or am I mistaken)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 347630
View attachment 347631

I have all my die cast IM figures on standard oval bases with crotch grabbers. Not a problem at all.

Got mine in yesterday and had the loose magnet problem, doesn't even look like they were ever glued as there was no residue on any of the parts. Had a nightmare with one magnet as I glued it in the wrong way so it was repelling the piece back out, getting that magnet back out of the shoulder piece was a real pain in the butt. All good now thankfully and the figure looks amazing, probably one of the best I have so far.

So, still waiting for Sideshow to send me a shipping notice, I pull up to my driveway and I see a courier with a Hot Toys shipping box at the front gate. I thought he had the wrong address. I couldn't believe it. The funniest part is I just received my shipping notice a few minutes ago.

Went ahead yesterday evening and paid my last flex payment. It was due to be paid on the 25th, but didn't feel like waiting over a week for this.

Love the photos. Giving me display/pose ideas. Just moved into a new apartment with my girlfriend so I'm reposing/setting up all my figures. Cannot wait to add this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all my die cast IM figures on standard oval bases with crotch grabbers. Not a problem at all.

Wait till an earthquake hits. Im in So Cali also and have all my DC IM on waistgrabbers and in the bottom shelf of the detolf because were due for a shaker.

Also opened up this bad boy tonight. TimothyR said it, gorgeous figure!

Unfortunately, mine also needs some glue love. Putting the batteries in was no fun -- I felt like I was about to snap every arm, shoulder, and thigh panel. It's worth it though. The lights are amazing. Didn't get them all on at the same time or really pose him though. I'm saving that for another day when I'm not as tired. Took one pic and decided to call it a night:

View attachment 347542

Very happy with this figure and can't wait to see the Mk6!

what a beauty! so excited

Back