1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice man! I've seen a review where the swappable forearm missiles broke, so everyone should just be careful swapping them. At least it sounds like that part shouldn't too much of an issue for the pose you're going for. Hope it's all good!

Thanks! I'm hoping I don't have to reglue anything right out of the box.

I plan on doing my CW fight display based on this exact scene/frame, as I already have Bucky in that exact pose and plan on doing the same with Mk46:

image.jpeg

With the exception of having Cap in this pose instead, as I think it's a better pose than what he's in in the above scene and is literally a split second after the above frame anyway:

image.jpeg

Im having a hell of a time taking off the shoulder armor to put the batteries in dont want to break it any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

The worst one to get off and put batteries in so far. And only light up one light on the back of the arm!

Just received mine from SS.
Putting all the batteries was a pain, but once I got them all in and turned on... looks amazing! I am happy to report all the leds light up flawlessly.(I was worried a bit) My left shoulder part came with the magnet off as well, such an easy fix with a crazyglue.
I really love this IM figure, the best looking IM figure to this date!

Sorry everyone first ironman, got the leg armor off. So freaking scary thought i was going to break it!

Less than 24 hours.. it feels like Christmas Eve lol.

The only crappy thing is that the 6 won't come out for a while, and that's the only other preorder I have.

Sorry everyone first ironman, got the leg armor off. So freaking scary thought i was going to break it!

I felt that way with the forearms of the 45 (though it wasn't my first).

Anyone having problem pulling out the neck portion(to put the Tony sculpt)?
I've been trying hard to pull it out with no luck and I don't want to break it.

EDIT: problem solved!
I found a super easy way.
Pull out the head and you have to push the back of the neck forward with some force until it pops out.

Last edited:
Got mine in today. Looks great, but.... right leg does not light up. Tried putting batteries in both ways. Even tested batteries on the left leg and the left leg works fine but nothing on the right leg. Contacted Sideshow, lets see if they are going to send me a new leg or exchange the whole figure.

So I received a shipping notice on Friday and my figure arrived today. As others have noted, the magnets come off all the shoulder armor pieces. An easy fix, but given the money that we all pay for these figures, I wish that this wasn't an issue. I do not put batteries in my Iron Man figures so I have not gone through the challenge of putting them in mine. I did swap out one of the forearm armor pieces for the missile version. Luckily, nothing broke. While it's nice that this figure came with a wreckage display stand, I really wish that Hot Toys just gave us an Iron Man Civil War stand like the other figures in the collection. Here is a quick and dirty picture with my smartphone of my Iron Man figure, accompanied by the War Machine Mark III and the CW Black Widow. I'll take more pictures once I get back from a trip.

IMG_1106.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone looking for the rdj head from this in the uk pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine today. Aesthetically and domestically, the thing is beautiful. However, my first impression is the craftsmanship of its predecessors is a bit better. The magnetic shoulder pieces on mine barely stay on. I didn't even take out the base or put batteries in the figure, so I have no clue if all of the lights work. Electronics on my figures really just aren't a big deal to me and they seem like a hassle to put in based on other comments in this thread. Literally just took him out and posed him.

Just a couple of really crappy iPhone pictures that I didn't put any effort into, but I was just happy to finally complete my final fight scene display:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wish the sculpt had a bit better articulation and was able to move side to side a bit further than what it does. I would have had IM in a bit more of a 10 o'clock angle position, but had to compensate for the lack of articulation at the sculpt to make it at least look like he's looking at his forearm that's blocking Bucky's fist.

Was going for this scene for the Bucky and IM poses:

attachment.php

And this pose for Cap:

attachment.php

finally got him! here's a few quick pics, cause I'm in a rush!

7b9deca9ab45ba0f32456aee6a5461a9.jpg

8f2bce16b11941faa71abdf25175a110.jpg

297a1346bb050f4728da0338afe40e0d.jpg

ec3b6d0dffbcbaa9d8c28a773a94c549.jpg

79a0132e70f174edb1e8789bb860a19a.jpg

38f9e9503cf81418b410680e20deba4f.jpg

cannot wait to turn my display into a battlefield when I get the time real soon!
558a0d148c6ce24329e98d17bb038295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was just delivered today. Wasn't able to open him up fully, so thoughts on it yet. But is anyone missing or having issues reading their monthly box code? My box has an empty square with sticker residue and then the actual sticker was on the other part of the shipper, but unable to read. Don't know if it was shipping issues or factory issues. Was gonna use the new code for Spidey.. Thoughts? Common issues? Anyone! Thanks guys & Really looking forward to playing with my very first Iron Man!

Back