1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Here's a pic with the parts I'm talking about.

The blacked out box is just some text unreleated.

image.jpeg

Ugh, not that base again....:lol

Not the best for posing an IM fig..

Here's a pic with the parts I'm talking about.

The blacked out box is just some text unreleated.

View attachment 271581

Not trying to get into a big debate but I'm pretty sure those are the shoulder rockets that he uses when he's chasing Hawkeye and SW. It's in the description as well as in the promotional picture that shows all the accessories.

Yeah that looks like a pair of shoulder rockets.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It looks great....I am waiting for SDCC to get an idea what's coming in the next 6-9 mos before deciding on which IM armor to invest in.

Not trying to get into a big debate but I'm pretty sure those are the shoulder rockets that he uses when he's chasing Hawkeye and SW. It's in the description as well as in the promotional picture that shows all the accessories.

You are correct.

HT's getting a lot of mileage from that thing. :lol

Time to retire it, at least from using it on IM figs. Don't these guys play with/pose these things like we do before shipping them out, :lol...??? This base and IM just don't mix, lol.

They need you on QC, B. You'd set 'em straight :duff

The bases on the recent figures is one of the let downs unfortunately, yes a nice diorama base is great but it would be nice to have something which either matches all of the other figures or maybe some sort of larger flight stand base with say a tarmac texture (you know like the airport) or concrete or whatever.

The bases on the recent figures is one of the let downs unfortunately, yes a nice diorama base is great but it would be nice to have something which either matches all of the other figures or maybe some sort of larger flight stand base with say a tarmac texture (you know like the airport) or concrete or whatever.
:goodpost::exactly:
Or even just a regular CW base, not every IM needs a dio base

Exactly, either the regular base which would match all of the other CW figures or if they really want you to be able to stick it in flight then a stand like TWS Falcon came with (though I can't remember off the top of my head whether the DC figures are too heavy for those bases themselves or just the flight poles which is why the 45 comes with that shorter, stronger one).

I would much rather have the same base that comes with the AoS/CW figures instead of IM constantly coming with either those large round HoA bases or uneven Dio bases. Need to maybe find someone who can make custom name plaques and buy a spare CW Team IM base when they go up for splits.

:exactly: This! :lecture All the figures on my Avengers team display have different bases, only a trivial thing I know, but it drives me nuts!! :gah:

I'll just use a plain stand for this figure I think so the base that comes with this will most likely stay boxed up - plus it'll take up way to much space!

Yeah I'm not a fan of these bases either.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My guess is they do the dio bases to add value/incentive since there are so many IM figures and people who complain about them. But including a standard base like they used to would be nice too (although more excuses to jack the price...)

Yeah, I for one, would prefer if they gave flat dynamic stand like WS falcon's and a regular crotch stand. Or even extra accessories with regular stand.
(I still think he should've come with cap shield instead...)

Will preorder this eventually, still have a year+ before it comes out.

My sentiments as well. :exactly:

As cool as a lot of these IM diorama bases are (and just diorama bases in general with some of the figures), I tend to be a collector that consolidates my figures by film. Therefore, it looks a little better to me to have consistency with the bases (happy that they included the seemingly now antiquated oval stand with TWS Nick Fury figure for this reason, being that the rest of TWS line uses the oval bases [excluding Falcon]). Not to mention, a lot of times the diorama bases restrict posing based on how the objects on the base are configured and essentially force you into having to put the figure in a certain pose.

I don't mind the base. With these armor, I prefer a nice base with a clip stand rather than the traditional type base.

I would prefer the base be more representative of a scene in the movie. This base sort of looks like runway rubble.

I like bases that give these armors an option to be poses while in flight.

Back