1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Think they'd give us a replaceable chest plate
Spoiler Spoiler:
?

That'd be a wicked accessory. Don't think it'll happen though. Maybe with a BD version down the line also including an extra messed up head sculpt and helmet.

Think they'd give us a replaceable chest plate
Spoiler Spoiler:
?

not only do I want that, but would love it if Bucky came with a blasted off arm to replicate when Tony blew it off

since the 46 is getting lots of screen time,the 45 didn't get as much.

This was the reason why I decided to go for the MK46 over the MK45. Plus I didn't expect much Tony to get as much character development in this film despite it being part of the Captain America Trilogy. It's the definitive Iron Man suit for me as of now and I hope it stays that way for my wallet sake..

As it is, I'm contend with having 3 figures. Currently Iron Patriot is my first Hot Toys figure and with MK46 and War Machine MK1 DC on PO

This was the reason why I decided to go for the MK46 over the MK45. Plus I didn't expect much Tony to get as much character development in this film despite it being part of the Captain America Trilogy. It's the definitive Iron Man suit for me as of now and I hope it stays that way for my wallet sake..

As it is, I'm contend with having 3 figures. Currently Iron Patriot is my first Hot Toys figure and with MK46 and War Machine MK1 DC on PO

i'm willing to bet that this won't be the definitive suit. i think things are just going to get more emotional from here on out. i just have a feeling that there's going to be a pivotal moment where a team member dies. whether it's tony, captain america, or someone else. i think the suit worn for that moment will wind up being the definitive version.

i'm getting both the 45 and 46 and however many he wears for the rest of his appearances, so, i'm not too concerned with which one is considered the definitive version.

i'm willing to bet that this won't be the definitive suit. i think things are just going to get more emotional from here on out. i just have a feeling that there's going to be a pivotal moment where a team member dies. whether it's tony, captain america, or someone else. i think the suit worn for that moment will wind up being the definitive version.

i'm getting both the 45 and 46 and however many he wears for the rest of his appearances, so, i'm not too concerned with which one is considered the definitive version.

It's all good. I just need to stop at one IM figure and I had to make sure it was a suit that left an impression me. The MK46 is that suit. That and I don't have the fund to support buying multiple figures as well.

Who knows maybe the MK47 would be just as amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as Iron Man comes with Cap's helmet, I really wish Cap came with an Iron Man helmet or faceplate.

Cap will come with the Mark 46 Battle Damaged Armor. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's all good. I just need to stop at one IM figure and I had to make sure it was a suit that left an impression me. The MK46 is that suit. That and I don't have the fund to support buying multiple figures as well.

Who knows maybe the MK47 would be just as amazing

not only that, but a mark 47 would still be another few years out. plenty of time to save up for it lol.

Cap will come with the Mark 46 Battle Damaged Armor. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a $600 battle damaged iron man vs captain america two pack.

It's funny because despite being an antagonistic force in the film, he had enough screentime depicting his POV that I'd say he also counts as a deuteragonist.

It all depends though and I think it's wrong to say that this won't serve as a definitive suit especially when it's the culmination of the Mk 42-43 and the Mk 45 design principles. Sure it might get more emotional, but that doesn't change the fact that Iron Man's entire character arc took a pivotal change in this film, and it's exactly why so many consider it as a defining part of his character (hence "definitive"). IW may present a new cool suit with emotional moments, but that in no way detracts from how far Civil War managed to actually push Tony's character development far beyond anything we've seen before.

Also "definitive" is relative anyway. What marks as something definitive depends on which aspects of the character you find most appealing and important. Some may still consider the Mk 3 as the most definitive since it was the first red/gold suit, while some might consider the Mk6-7 as the most definitive since it's his first venture as an Avenger.

Personally, I consider the Mk 46 definitive by virtue of Iron Man's key role in Civil War. Its significance feels even more cyclical since the original film designs of Iron Man were inspired from the same era of comics when the Civil War storyline debuted. Also worth noting is how the Civil War comic storyline was notorious for nearly killing Tony Stark's reputation among comic readers during it's run until the first Iron Man film came out where it seemed to redeem his character in many people's eyes.

I don't know if others feel the same way but it's almost like it has come full circle for me when the first Iron Man film came out not long after the Civil War comics, and yet we now have a Civil War film after so much time has passed since that first film.

Yeah I think "definitive" is simply one of those things that mean something different to different people. And it just depends on your criteria for defining what it means to you. You could go down the list of things that make most Marks definitive in their own right:

Mk3 - first red and gold
Mk4 - some say this just best represents iconic red and gold Iron Man
Mk6 - invented new core with his dad's help and realization his dad didn't hate him, multiple amazing fight scenes across 2 movies
Mk7 - kicked butt in NY, character willing to make ultimate sacrifice
Mk46 - first true bleeding edge inspired armor, CW armor (pivotal in both Avenger's arc and character arc)

So it really just depends on what's important to you. Personally my favorite is the Mk6. Unless the Homecoming or IW armors blow me away, I don't see that changing.

My favorite is still the MK6 also. I have way to many armors (and more on the way) and i love them all but if i could keep only one my 6 would be it.

It's funny because despite being an antagonistic force in the film, he had enough screentime depicting his POV that I'd say he also counts as a deuteragonist.

It all depends though and I think it's wrong to say that this won't serve as a definitive suit especially when it's the culmination of the Mk 42-43 and the Mk 45 design principles. Sure it might get more emotional, but that doesn't change the fact that Iron Man's entire character arc took a pivotal change in this film, and it's exactly why so many consider it as a defining part of his character (hence "definitive"). IW may present a new cool suit with emotional moments, but that in no way detracts from how far Civil War managed to actually push Tony's character development far beyond anything we've seen before.

Also "definitive" is relative anyway. What marks as something definitive depends on which aspects of the character you find most appealing and important. Some may still consider the Mk 3 as the most definitive since it was the first red/gold suit, while some might consider the Mk6-7 as the most definitive since it's his first venture as an Avenger.

Personally, I consider the Mk 46 definitive by virtue of Iron Man's key role in Civil War. Its significance feels even more cyclical since the original film designs of Iron Man were inspired from the same era of comics when the Civil War storyline debuted. Also worth noting is how the Civil War comic storyline was notorious for nearly killing Tony Stark's reputation among comic readers during it's run until the first Iron Man film came out where it seemed to redeem his character in many people's eyes.

I don't know if others feel the same way but it's almost like it has come full circle for me when the first Iron Man film came out not long after the Civil War comics, and yet we now have a Civil War film after so much time has passed since that first film.

his arc took a pivotal change? if anything i think his feelings only grew stronger, not changed. i mean, he created the iron legion to protect people. he created ultron in an attempt to add further protection for people. and once he had that personal confrontation with collateral damage, it just pushed him to the next step of attempting to keep the team in check.

i think it's really early to say that this is definitive. maybe in the end it might be. but i don't think you can say that now, not with 2 gigantic movies on the horizon that are meant to wrap up this era of the MCU. it might be definitive to you. but overall, i wouldn't say that quite yet.

if you want to go by character change.. then wouldn't that be the mark 1 or 3.. or 7 like sogs said, it's the armor that he almost made the ultimate sacrifice in. that's in stark contrast to the way he was prior to that. everything else has been building upon that moment.

That's why they're called opinions ha

Mk7 would have to be the armor that he was using that created the greatest shift in his character. It's the one that got the ball rolling in a new direction. No more ego, no more games. Mark 1-6 were "fighting for my own cause" armors. 7 was when the burden of protecting humanity seemingly was placed squarely on his shoulders. Everything has cascaded from that point; PTSD, HPP for every possible situation, Ultron initiative, the Accords. All of it from a fundamental shift in motivation that happened as a result of the Battle of NY. It was his "oh s***" moment where he realized how much bigger the picture really is.

Yeah, it's all relative. I still view the III as the 'definitive' armour.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's why they're called opinions ha
Yeah, it's all relative. I still view the III as the 'definitive' armour.
Exactly. :lecture

Mk3 - first red and gold
Mk4 - some say this just best represents iconic red and gold Iron Man
Mk6 - invented new core with his dad's help and realization his dad didn't hate him, multiple amazing fight scenes across 2 movies
Mk7 - kicked butt in NY, character willing to make ultimate sacrifice
Mk46 - first true bleeding edge inspired armor, CW armor (pivotal in both Avenger's arc and character arc)
Pretty good list of explanations, and yeah I've seen these exact reasons brought up a number times by people explaining why they prefer certain suits over another.

By the time you are finished, you can pretty much call all his regular suits "definitive".. :lol

You could add Mark 43 because it is the first full battle suit (based on the 42 prototype) using all his suit-up and suit control technology.. :dunno

Mk7 would have to be the armor that he was using that created the greatest shift in his character. It's the one that got the ball rolling in a new direction. No more ego, no more games. Mark 1-6 were "fighting for my own cause" armors. 7 was when the burden of protecting humanity seemingly was placed squarely on his shoulders. Everything has cascaded from that point; PTSD, HPP for every possible situation, Ultron initiative, the Accords. All of it from a fundamental shift in motivation that happened as a result of the Battle of NY. It was his "oh s***" moment where he realized how much bigger the picture really is.

yeah, i agree.

also, i'd like to give the 42 some respect.. it's the first suit that didn't need any kind of special gantry or be carried around like a suitcase and most of all, i think it had the most character out of any of the armors. not definitive but noteworthy.

i still think the 46 can take the role as definitive, but i'd really like to see how everything plays out first.

the one thing i will say about the 46 vs the 7 is that, with the 46 we saw full blown angry tony.. no snippy one-liners, no 'we won, time for shawarma'.. the 46 represented bull blown anger and betrayal.

but who knows.. maybe the mark 50, or whatever we get to, will play a pivotal role in saving the universe.

all i know is that i can't wait to have all of these armors lined up on a shelf. i REALLY hope we get diecast versions of the VI & VII.

Back