1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

If I had to guess, I'd say they're coming. HT would have to be crazy to not cash in on that. It's just a matter of when. And I really hope it's not a long when.

That said, if/when they do, please HT, please... do the figure the justice it deserves. The justice that the Mk3 deserved but didn't get. I would think the DC Mk3 would be the overwhelming favorite. But it's just so off; the paint color, by far the worst shoulder gap, the height, and worst of all, a non-articulated super gimmicky switch-out midsection; that it kind of ruined what should be the most nostalgic armor. Which is sad because I don't see it being revisited again. If HT comes out with a Mk6 that is exactly the same as the Avengers or IM2 mms, but diecast with an updated headsculpt and reindeer games arsenal, my IM dreams would be fulfilled.

This guy is a big improvement over the 45 especially in the face plate design. The 45 doesn't even look like an Ironman faceplate... Too stylized perhaps. This one nails it.

This guy is a big improvement over the 45 especially in the face plate design. The 45 doesn't even look like an Ironman faceplate... Too stylized perhaps. This one nails it.

a "big" improvement? i'd have to disagree. the only complaint about the 46 that i have is the face mask. i really dislike the panel lines on his forehead. they just make the mask look weird. also, the mask of the 45 is one of the things that i like most about it. it just looks mean and badass. it looks like an evolution of the 42/43 face plate.

i don't see how the 45's face plate doesn't look like an iron man face plate, i don't understand that at all.

different strokes i guess.

i think they're both great, they're both great for different reasons. i'd love to see design elements from both of them incorporated into the 47.

i'd take the helmet/face plate of the 45, and the chest piece and lights from the 46 for starters. i'm torn on which colors i'd go with though. so, either way would be fine with me.

I really like the muted colors on the Mark 46. Feels like a really great callback to the Mark 3 especially after a lot of the suits had the brighter red.

Both faceplates are fine in my opinion. The 45 is closer to the look in the comics while the 46 looks more like an evolution from the 42/43 design. Both look great in my eyes.

Those dark panel lines on the 46s faceplate are no where near as prevalent in the movie. I really hope that's something HT mutes.

Goddamn where's the Stark sculpt already?

Hoping HT does a young/old Tony 2-pack too. Maybe at SDCC.

I really like both the 45 and the 46. Prefer the 45, just. It's got beautiful curves :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I bought both and I am equally excited for both. :D

I bought both and I am equally excited for both. :D

same here.

though.. i would have to say i'm slightly more excited for the 45. mostly because it's coming out sooner and i just love the paint job. i'm certain that by this time next year, i'll be dying for the 46.

When does this become coupon eligible?

Why doesn't this have battle damage..... or did I just miss that?

Why doesn't this have battle damage..... or did I just miss that?

Probably because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Probably because
Spoiler Spoiler:

you're right.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Took the words out of my mouth on that one Tim. :hi5:

Well.. Professor X has been tutoring me. Lol.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It sucks to nitpick something that looks so gorgeous and clearly has some ridiculously talented people working on.. But for $350, I think a few nitpicks are warranted. I guess I just wish the 45 and 46 included as many accessories as the VII and XLII.

But hey, I didn't expect this figure to include all of the LED's. So, for me it's easier to get over the lack of a damaged chest piece, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish it were included.

The one figure that will disappoint me most if extra's aren't included is the war machine mark 3. I feel that that figure desperately needs an overhaul. I'm getting it no matter what (since I've developed a problem).

Would've been cool if this figure at least came with a forearm rocket.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe it's hard to implement the magnetic snap-on/off pieces with a figure that has so many LEDs.

Oh well, still a beautiful figure and I'm glad the proportions and shoulders look amazing. Plus I can't be upset at somewhat minor things. Ultimately the figure itself has to look great, and it does. The accessories are icing on the cake. I'm glad we're getting all the LEDs AND it's cheaper than the 45. Didn't see that coming even with the power pose to help offset costs.

Still ready for a battle damaged one though. All the aforementioned suggestions from this thread plus a

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back