1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Diecast Mark 6 would be amazing. I have the plastic Avengers one, but I'd really love to see an upgrade...one that includes all the "reindeer games" weapons with which he threatened Loki in the Avengers.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's really a shame that Silver Centurion didn't sell very well. It's a faithful adaptation of a popular comic-book suit, its triangular design looks vastly different from the classic-looking suits (Marks 3-7), and Tony actually wore it in IM3, giving it a fair amount of screen time. Plus, it has the blades, something that no other suit has. You'd think it would be one of the most popular IM figures, but its underwhelming sales certainly suggest otherwise. Kinda weird how that turned out, don't you think?

I know. It's a bit weird how it was one of the worst selling iron man figures. Lol it took hot toys by surprise. But it should get made in the next little while.

now keep in mind, the plan is to do all the HPP armors, but that is by no means a promise or guarantee they will be made. Lots of things can happen. And lots of things outside of even hot toys control. It's just the plan.

I have heard there will be a new Mk reissue proto shown this year. The rumors where intially it was the mk6, which I would love since it's my favorite suit, but I've also heard some talk about the mk7. Which I think would be to soon. But that's just me. I can see why they would do it. It's their most profitable design yet. Would make sense. But really any of the mk1-7 are a possibility.

And I've said it many times...but hot toys only has partial control over these things. And you don't need to take my word for it. Here's a quote from JC

JC-Frankly speaking, we do not mind a single bit about taking in the criticism. The feedback allow us for continuous improvement. But we also know there are some harmful and unconstructive accusations but we are not bothered by it. Because some does not understand actual production situation, a lot of technical difficulties are not easily implementable (during factory production) even when you may have thought of a solution. It often requires an extended period of time to experiment, and to make adjustment for eventually to achieve breakthrough (in production) for each stages. Folks like Yulli and the team of sculptors usually need to complete a sculpt in very tight schedule. In between, the sculpt need to be review by Hot Toys and the movie production company and are subjected to continuous fine tuning and corrections. Hence a lot of officially announced product aren’t something the original sculptor is totally satisfied with. But I have to traced back what I have said earlier, our first consideration is always the team’s co-operation and teamwork, if it is something within our ability to achieve to the best results, we will give it all we can.
The problem is many a times, we have to compromise (especially to the movie production company and the actors/actresses), hence I hope everyone can understand our given situation.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's really a shame that Silver Centurion didn't sell very well. It's a faithful adaptation of a popular comic-book suit, its triangular design looks vastly different from the classic-looking suits (Marks 3-7), and Tony actually wore it in IM3, giving it a fair amount of screen time. Plus, it has the blades, something that no other suit has. You'd think it would be one of the most popular IM figures, but its underwhelming sales certainly suggest otherwise. Kinda weird how that turned out, don't you think?

Yeah, I thought it was crazy too!! To me he's almost as Iconic as the original red & gold armor. This was the armor that was showcased when I started reading comics in the 80's as a young teenager and has always been my favorite. Silver Centurion was a day one pre-order for me and is an armor that will never leave my collection (hopefully), whether valuable or not. It's an absolutely spectacular figure, I think one of the best looking Iron Man figures. I'm still happy I got an on screen version of it and that, like you said, Tony actually wore it and had a decent amount of screen time! For me it's one of the VERY few reedeming qualities of the mess of a movie that was Iron Man 3!! :lol

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Here's a recent pic as of 3 hours ago of the Mark 46. It's from a pop up store event HT recently had. Looks good. Wish it was lit up though. [emoji16]

e61c1839ac2830257be1729c09e57a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What doesn't look good about it?

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

I reedited my post. The higher resolution wasn't coming through on their Facebook page. It did posting it here though! Just saw Spangles posted earlier too. Loving it. Definitely wish it was lit up! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. It's a bit weird how it was one of the worst selling iron man figures. Lol it took hot toys by surprise. But it should get made in the next little while.

now keep in mind, the plan is to do all the HPP armors, but that is by no means a promise or guarantee they will be made. Lots of things can happen. And lots of things outside of even hot toys control. It's just the plan.

I have heard there will be a new Mk reissue proto shown this year. The rumors where intially it was the mk6, which I would love since it's my favorite suit, but I've also heard some talk about the mk7. Which I think would be to soon. But that's just me. I can see why they would do it. It's their most profitable design yet. Would make sense. But really any of the mk1-7 are a possibility.

And I've said it many times...but hot toys only has partial control over these things. And you don't need to take my word for it. Here's a quote from JC

JC-Frankly speaking, we do not mind a single bit about taking in the criticism. The feedback allow us for continuous improvement. But we also know there are some harmful and unconstructive accusations but we are not bothered by it. Because some does not understand actual production situation, a lot of technical difficulties are not easily implementable (during factory production) even when you may have thought of a solution. It often requires an extended period of time to experiment, and to make adjustment for eventually to achieve breakthrough (in production) for each stages. Folks like Yulli and the team of sculptors usually need to complete a sculpt in very tight schedule. In between, the sculpt need to be review by Hot Toys and the movie production company and are subjected to continuous fine tuning and corrections. Hence a lot of officially announced product aren’t something the original sculptor is totally satisfied with. But I have to traced back what I have said earlier, our first consideration is always the team’s co-operation and teamwork, if it is something within our ability to achieve to the best results, we will give it all we can.
The problem is many a times, we have to compromise (especially to the movie production company and the actors/actresses), hence I hope everyone can understand our given situation.

Thanks for the explanation Motux. :duff I totally understand..things happen, that's just the way it is.

I really hope HT makes the entire HPP line, and that Blue Steel eventually shows its face in the form of an official announcement!

I heard that rumor too. I'd be happy with a remake of any of the original suits being shown this year...but especially the Mark 6. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy too!! To me he's almost as Iconic as the original red & gold armor. This was the armor that was showcased when I started reading comics in the 80's as a young teenager and has always been my favorite. Silver Centurion was a day one pre-order for me and is an armor that will never leave my collection (hopefully), whether valuable or not. It's an absolutely spectacular figure, I think one of the best looking Iron Man figures. I'm still happy I got an on screen version of it and that, like you said, Tony actually wore it and had a decent amount of screen time! For me it's one of the VERY few reedeming qualities of the mess of a movie that was Iron Man 3!! :lol

I see it on eBay all the time for like $160...dirt cheap for an IM figure, perhaps the cheapest I've ever seen one. It's crazy.

I never got into the comics, but Silver Centurion is definitely one of the coolest suits. Its figure is particularly special to me because it was the very first HT figure I bought. :D

As for issues out of HT's control, a big one is licensing. I think that maybe a reason they are spacing out the HPP armors more. It also makes sense that they decided to redo the Mk. III 1st so they could keep the IM1 license for a few more years while they concertante on newer armors.

As far as diecast Mk. 6 or 7 goes, both remakes make sense. The Mk. 6 obviously goes with diecast WM and Whiplash Mk. II but since they are bringing out diecast WM, that means they've got the IM2 license for awhile longer. The "opened" Mk. VII shown off last year is actually part of the IM3 license so a diecast remake of the Mk. VII as the next release seems to be the most likely to me. The Mk. VII isn't just a hot suit and will undoubtedly make lots of money but will also keep their Avengers 1 license going forward. And if you think about it, they haven't released anything Avengers 1 in quite some time. So my bet is on the Mk. VII (unless they decide on a quick Mk. 2).

Actually the renewed the avengers license with last years stealth mk7. But the principal applies all the same.

Actually the renewed the avengers license with last years stealth mk7. But the principal applies all the same.

Oh, lol, that's right! I totally forgot that the stealth Mk. VII was labeled as an Avengers 1 figure. Ok, so now I revise my prediction that it will be the Mk. 6 (again, assuming they don't just retool for a quick Mk. II)!

Hope not, I hope he just shows up as Tony Stark no armor. It should just be Spider-Man's film

I'm sure it will be.. But that doesn't mean an armor can't make an appearance.

I'm sure it will be.. But that doesn't mean an armor can't make an appearance.

True, but it also doesn't mean since RDJ is in it, an armor is going to make an appearance.

Apparently, Sony wants a sizeable role for Tony Stark/Iron Man to pull in audiences. So I think a 47 is coming....

Ugh Sony needs to believe in Spider-Man :slap they're not giving the character enough credit.

Back