1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

He's going to light up like a Christmas tree with all those LED's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean it's about time Marvel got the proportions right. :D Hot Toys were just following the suit designs on screen.

Right. And considering this is essentially built on the mk45 as its base...they had already achieved the look he likes.

Another reason to be on Team Cap: Iron-Man cost $120 more than Captain America. Not saying the Iron-Man won't be a kick ass figure. I'm saying Cap would be easier on my wallet.

I haven't read back through each post yet, but I'm in a real pickle now. I preordered XLV from Pop Cultcha to take advantage of the glitch they had a while back because I love the look of the XLV but I'm loving the look of this guy too and it comes with a new TS HS. Ahhh anyone know PC's cancellation policy? Haha it's just a bummer that they had to make them die cast otherwise they'd be plenty more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see what the final product looks like, but I may be interested in taking the Mark 45 off of your hands if you can't cancel and decide to go for the 46 instead.

Oooo.... the mystery of #14. I wonder what it is. :monkey3

IP, 42, 3, Robocop, BD Robocop, Whiplash, T-800? 43, 45, 46, what else is there?

There's War Machine Marks 1-3 (there were two Mark 2's for IM3 and AoU) and Hot Rod. I don't recall the T-800 being diecast though. If we're missing D14, I wonder if we're getting a Mark IV/VI diecast re-release to go with the War Machine Mark 1 (especially since that was D13). Fuel the speculation machine!

I'm waiting to see what the final product looks like, but I may be interested in taking the Mark 45 off of your hands if you can't cancel and decide to go for the 46 instead.

There's War Machine Marks 1-3 (there were two Mark 2's for IM3 and AoU) and Hot Rod. I don't recall the T-800 being diecast though. If we're missing D14, I wonder if we're getting a Mark IV/VI diecast re-release to go with the War Machine Mark 1 (especially since that was D13). Fuel the speculation machine!

Don't forget stealth Mark 3 also

i wasn't planning on picking up the diecast war machine mark 1.. but if they release a diecast mark 6.. i may have to get them both.

this and the 45 are going to look great together. even though i have the original mark 7.. i wouldn't mind a diecast version of that armor as well.

I think it's safe to think that we will at least get Mark 4,5,6&7 die cast plus all new movie armours.

I think it's safe to think that we will at least get Mark 4,5,6&7 die cast plus all new movie armours.

yeah, i would think so. i wonder if the diecast mark 3 was a test run. after all, these are pricy figures and investing that kind of money in armors that they've already made could be a little bit of a gamble.

but still, they've improved their iron man figures so much since 4, 5, and 6 that i think they warrant proper updates. proper repulser hands, added articulation, the ability to achieve the landing pose, and some other extra's here and there would make it appealing to double dip on armors. all of that AND there's plenty of people who missed out on the originals, so them releasing new (better) versions just makes sense.

i don't want to be spoiled.. but i wonder if the 46 is the only armor that appears in civil war. i have to imagine that it is, unless he starts the movie out with the 45 (which would be nice). the more i look at the 46 the more i like it. i just wish the mask looked more like the 45's.

Sounds a fair speculation... let's go with the hope of that... ;)

At the rate they are releasing them it's going to take a very long time. I ordered the MKIII in August of 2014 and besides War Machine they have not even show anything else yet. I would think the VI would be next just to go with Whiplash and War Machine but the MKII would be an easy one to get out quick.

I can't wait for them to redo the first suits in diecast. I would love to see a few figures of Tony in a tux or cave outfit too. Surprised that they never made a figure of him in the tank top with the hammer making the Mark 1 helmet.

aaaand prerdered! with 359,00 € it's less cheaper then the Mark XLV with 359,10 € :D

This guy looks great. I still need my perfect red/gold Iron Man figure (gutted I cancelled the diecast MK III after seeing it in person last week). Do I get this or hold out for a die cast Avengers MK VII?? :slap

This guy looks great. I still need my perfect red/gold Iron Man figure (gutted I cancelled the diecast MK III after seeing it in person last week). Do I get this or hold out for a die cast Avengers MK VII?? :slap

Depends how long you're willing to wait. Even if it were announced today you're probably looking at a year just like the 46. You could be waiting potentially a very long time. I had to make that decision last year, go with the 43 and have an IM in my collection now? Or wait it out for the 45? Ultimately I'm still waiting for the 45, but don't want to keep pushing back getting an IM. If I sit around and wait for something like a diecast Mk6 it'll be at least 2+ years (guessing) or never. I'd rather enjoy what I really like now than wait for "perfect" to never happen. Just my opinion.

You could also look at it like "well if it's not perfect to me then I don't want it." Money saved in that case lol.

will pre order this later at HT store.

since I only go for die cast ones, I can't let this pass :)

Good points. It's not so much about the figure being perfect, just my favourite suit :D MK VII closely followed by III are the top of the pile - like I said, I'm gutted I cancelled the diecast III. I didn't really like the 42 or 43 but I'm warming to this one - it has more of the classic look about it. My Avengers display currently has Starboost stood next to AV1 Capt and DW Thor. He's an awesome figure but doesn't really fit in (I had GOTG in mind when I ordered him).

Well it sounds like if I cancel I can only have store credit. Not a bad deal since I'm still thinking about ordering Black Panther and maybe BvS Wonder Woman. Ahhh decisions decisions.

Don't forget stealth Mark 3 also

Good call, I can't believe I forgot about that one.

Well it sounds like if I cancel I can only have store credit. Not a bad deal since I'm still thinking about ordering Black Panther and maybe BvS Wonder Woman. Ahhh decisions decisions.

Never mind me then, go for the store credit if you have other figure purchases in mind.

I like the 45 more than the 46 (the organic look appeals to me), but I concede that the 46 is probably the objectively better figure. You can't go wrong either way, but if you're thinking about Black Panther, it might make more sense to pick up the 46.

Back