1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got word from my local comic shop that this has arrived. Now I just have to find some $$.
It might be time to sell a few figures....

Yeah, space for me is getting limited also. I only want one IM, 43 was supposed to be my last, but I just feel the 46 is such an improvement.
We're in the same boat. Once I get more space, definitely gonna pick Harley later on.
I just hope she doesn't become rare and expensive later on.

43 doesn't seem as fragile in my opinion, but the 46 is indeed a beast.

I'm sure they'll make more of Harley, so even if you miss out on the current one due to inflated price on the secondary market, there will be other opportunities. Opportunities that may even drive down the price of the current one if it increases on the secondary market, if you're adamant about picking the first rendition of her up.

Just got the 46. While its a good figure, I just wasn't as impressed compared to the 45's design. I long sold 45 for the 46 but will be rebuying it.

Will keep the 46 for a diorama with Cap and Bucky.

Anyone know when BBTS will be getting their shipment in? Contacted them but received a reply that said a lot of nothing. They usually offer an answer but not this time.

Picked this up with the WM Mk III.

My new favorite after the Mk VI. This may be the first one I get a SOAP reactor for IF there's one that can light up ALL of the lights.
20170629_210631.jpg

Picked this up with the WM Mk III.

My new favorite after the Mk VI. This may be the first one I get a SOAP reactor for IF there's one that can light up ALL of the lights.

You're going to need to get extra battery cords in order to light up the entire figure since the SR doesn't come with enough stock.

Also, I'd recommend you just make it USB powered yourself. It's easy, there's a board member who also has a YouTube channel detailing how to accomplish this for a fraction of the cost of a SR.

Jazz Inc on YouTube!

You're going to need to get extra battery cords in order to light up the entire figure since the SR doesn't come with enough stock.

Also, I'd recommend you just make it USB powered yourself. It's easy, there's a board member who also has a YouTube channel detailing how to accomplish this for a fraction of the cost of a SR.

Jazz Inc on YouTube!

Found the video. Going to need to watch it a few times since I have zero experience with that kind of stuff and I also don't have the equipment. Very helpful though! Should be fun to try and figure out. Electrical and airbrushing are just a few of the things I've wanted to try doing with figures/models.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

Found the video. Going to need to watch it a few times since I have zero experience with that kind of stuff and I also don't have the equipment. Very helpful though! Should be fun to try and figure out. Electrical and airbrushing are just a few of the things I've wanted to try doing with figures/models.

Can you link it here for the lazy?

No problem, always happy to help a fellow collector! And in terms of tools, the most important one will be a soldering iron with the good ones being reasonably priced. All in all, you'll spend much less money than a SR with all the extra cords.

By the way, iirc, Jazz Inc is on these boards as well. He's a great guy who always seems happy to help.

Anyone know when BBTS will be getting their shipment in? Contacted them but received a reply that said a lot of nothing. They usually offer an answer but not this time.

No idea but I'm in the same boat. If local shops are getting them, then it'll be towards mid-end of July. BBTS is always one of the last retailers to get their stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two complaints with this figure are the head articulation. I wish it was as mobile as the 43's. Second complaint are the elbows. I really wish they were collapsible like the 45's. Aside from that, this thing is perfect. I've gotten started on replacing the batteries it came with with energizers.

Got tired of waiting for my go to shop(s) to get this so picked it up for $1.65 after using eBay bucks check I just received. Well technically, eBay paid me $1.69 to get it. Can't wait to open it up,this looks like the best IM Mark yet with all the awesome lights and the bulky suit design.

Picked mine up this weekend. Absolutely loved it, but to be honest, I haven't bought an Iron Man figure since the IM3 War Machine.

Was really impressed with all the details. The only complaint I have is removing the plates necessary to switch on the lights. The helmet and back switch are easy enough, but the shoulders, wrist, and leg armor are a pain in the ass. So after switching them all on, putting the plates back to admire for 1-2 mins, then removing them again to switch them off. It's satisfying to a point, but if those plates were all magnet held and easily removable, it would have been much more appreciated.

Picked mine up this weekend. Absolutely loved it, but to be honest, I haven't bought an Iron Man figure since the IM3 War Machine.

Was really impressed with all the details. The only complaint I have is removing the plates necessary to switch on the lights. The helmet and back switch are easy enough, but the shoulders, wrist, and leg armor are a pain in the ass. So after switching them all on, putting the plates back to admire for 1-2 mins, then removing them again to switch them off. It's satisfying to a point, but if those plates were all magnet held and easily removable, it would have been much more appreciated.

yeah me too, just got mines from sideshow on friday and i love it. this is my very first iron man ever so i was really impress with the figure and love this armor but it is a pain to keep taking off the plates and switch on the lights. sadly as a noob i already snap two of the clips but they still held in place, going to be more careful from now on.

My two complaints with this figure are the head articulation. I wish it was as mobile as the 43's. Second complaint are the elbows. I really wish they were collapsible like the 45's. Aside from that, this thing is perfect. I've gotten started on replacing the batteries it came with with energizers.

I'm assuming they couldn't incorporate that elbow feature on this because of the LED on the upper arm. Don't want to be messing with the length/tension on the wire passing through the elbow.

Are your batteries beginning to fade? And which batteries? Probably going to start investing in energizers, or anything other than the HT ones lol.

Back