1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe they just thought it would be cool to make a Cap that actually has a dirty(ish) suit for once while still giving everyone else their normal, clean suit Cap. I agree it would've been cool to have a bloodied face sculpt included, but as is this is the first Cap I've ever owned and is probably my favorite figure in my collection (the rest is mostly Star Wars). I do think I will try to pick up a clean shield at some point but personally think the gritted teeth face place looks odd so I doubt I'll bother picking up that head set. If they had also included interchangeable eyes though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The clean version will be my first cap.

In a perfect world, cap would have the amount of wear and tear that the recent iron man armors have. Not completely pristine, but not totally dirty. And it would include a bloodied disheveled helmet-less sculpt, swap out bloodied/clean face plates, a damaged shield, a clean shield, and both a normal and diorama base. But, as I said, it would probably be a little too pricy.

Also, I really wish cap used other weapons, not just his shield.

The clean version will be my first cap.

In a perfect world, cap would have the amount of wear and tear that the recent iron man armors have. Not completely pristine, but not totally dirty. And it would include a bloodied disheveled helmet-less sculpt, swap out bloodied/clean face plates, a damaged shield, a clean shield, and both a normal and diorama base. But, as I said, it would probably be a little too pricy.

Also, I really wish cap used other weapons, not just his shield.

Nice man, you're gonna love it! It's a shame the Tony Stark workshop accessories pack didn't sell better, it would have been so great to see similar packs for other figures. *cough* Deadpool. :wink1:

All my Caps are recent purchases. But CW is my fave. I may add a couple more if the price is right. Next I want CW Falcon or Bucky.

Right on, dude. That is one cool set-up you have there, Falcon and/or Bucky would look pretty cool there as well.

I received my cap yesterday and noticed that the waist articulation is stuck. It does not swivel like it should. Has anyone else has this problem or is it just me?

Never had this issue with any other figure.

I think it was worth making it for them because it sells. BD Cap sold out and I assume the normal version is doing ok. They are trying to make money after all. Besides 2 versions gives more people a chance to get one. Many people missed out on the AOU Cap. I wanted the BD version, but I missed out on it (as I didn't preorder it) so I for one for one am glad they gave us 2. I am not naïve though it is a bit of a money grab, but they don't make 200+ dollar dolls to not make money. Just my 2 cents.
Well that's the thing, the difference is so minor that it's really not worth making 2 versions (which just screams double-dipping, it's painfully obvious).

Or if they really wanted they could have given us interchangeable pieces of clothing or something ala Iron Man and his battle damaged armor that can be swapped with the clean armor.

I received my cap yesterday and noticed that the waist articulation is stuck. It does not swivel like it should. Has anyone else has this problem or is it just me?

Never had this issue with any other figure.

I have this issue too, I cannot rotate the torso or the waist :/

How long is this figure been available in the US? I'd like to know since the European release is usually 7-8 later. This will probably the next arrival for me.

I have this issue too, I cannot rotate the torso or the waist :/

I watched ShartimusPrime's review of the figure the other day and if I recall correctly, I think that he mentioned (at least on the one that he was doing the review with) that upper torso and waist had limited articulation.

Well that's the thing, the difference is so minor that it's really not worth making 2 versions (which just screams double-dipping, it's painfully obvious).

Or if they really wanted they could have given us interchangeable pieces of clothing or something ala Iron Man and his battle damaged armor that can be swapped with the clean armor.
I don't really understand this mindset. You're not alone, and I respect your opinion, but it's difficult to reason with it.

Really, it's not Hot Toys responsibility to give more. Its responsibility is to meet consumer needs.

If there was a release of Disney diecast figures for $20 each like they do with star wars, and 2 cap editions were available, nobody would complain.

Just because the figure is $200+ doesn't mean HT shouldn't take advantage of it's 2nd most popular marvel character in the biggest movie release of 2016.

HT gives consumers options. It isn't the company's job to make sure each collector has every single offering, and that every single offering is 100% unique and different from any other figure.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

While I am relatively new to collecting Hot Toys, I do see some reason for doing this other than just "double dipping".

Some people may want a "pristine" version of the figure while other might want a more gritty, realistic one. This way people can choose which version they want without being required to have the skill needed to customize the figure for themselves.

While they could have addressed this by putting both sets of costumes and shields in one package, those additions would have pushed to price of the figure up to the $300 MSRP range which would have caused as much if not even more complaining from collectors of "price gouging" vs. "double dipping".

So really, HT is going to be stuck in a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation no matter how they handled it.

I don't really understand this mindset. You're not alone, and I respect your opinion, but it's difficult to reason with it.

Really, it's not Hot Toys responsibility to give more. Its responsibility is to meet consumer needs.

If there was a release of Disney diecast figures for $20 each like they do with star wars, and 2 cap editions were available, nobody would complain.

Just because the figure is $200+ doesn't mean HT shouldn't take advantage of it's 2nd most popular marvel character in the biggest movie release of 2016.

HT gives consumers options. It isn't the company's job to make sure each collector has every single offering, and that every single offering is 100% unique and different from any other figure.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I stuck with the AOU version and I am happy with it, though I would have enjoyed better articulation. I like the white sleeves and the ease of the magnet shield of the AOU version, but if I missed it I wouldn't have hesitated to pick up a Civil War version.

As for the view that the two CW versions are double dipping, I don't think it is - but I can understand why the completest collector might feel that way as they could feel like they need to get both. But, I think for most people it's not a double dip but a choice of one or the other. Like always sometimes the choice isn't easy as you might like different aspects of each, but I am not going to fault Hot Toys for providing choices.

Both figures look great in my opinion. I can however see both sides of the argument. It does meet the consumer needs as many people (like myself) generally prefer pristine versions of suits, while others like BD versions. However, I think many people feel that the weathering on the BV is so minimal that there really isn't a vast difference as far as the suit goes. The only thing that really sticks out in setting it apart as being "battling" is the BD shield. Although the suit actually is indeed pretty accurate though as far as the amount of weathering it had for roughly 90% of the film (it looks pretty clean [like the regular version] in Lagos up until the fight with Crossbones when he got knocked into the dirt). The only other thing HT could have done to give this more of a "battling" look is perhaps made the sculpt a little bloodied, but at the same time, many people wouldn't want a bloodied sculpt being their only option.

In my opinion, the consummate CW Cap figure would be the BV body with the A's removed, the clean shield from the regular version and the interchangeable face plate sculpt from the regular version, displayed on the regular version CW base.

Without having to go through the hassle of getting the BV figure just for the body/suit then acquiring the desired parts from the the regular version, then selling off the undesired parts from the BV, it just seemed easier to go with the regular version since most of the parts I desire are from that figure. And I certainly don't need two CW Caps as I already have AoU and CW Cap as it is.

Simple solution is to just have both CW Cap figs lol. I'm seriously contemplating picking up the reg and displaying him with the Steve head and having the BV version with the gritted teeth sculpt. Still haven't decided yet though lol

Back