1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that you have a solid collection there, Battoys12.
Since you have a few Caps, where does the Civil War figure rank for you?

Regular and BV Cap. BV Cap was an impulse preorder but it came out good just don't know what to do with two.

All my Caps are recent purchases. But CW is my fave. I may add a couple more if the price is right. Next I want CW Falcon or Bucky.

Regular and BV Cap. BV Cap was an impulse preorder but it came out good just don't know what to do with two.

Well for starters, I wouldn't have them in exactly the same pose.

If you know you're not going to sell at least the BV, I'd rip the A's off the sides. I'd also use the interchangeable face plate sculpt with the gritted teeth plate on one of the two. Essentially, I'd try and recreate his Lagos look from the very beginning of the film with the regular version and his fight with IM at the end with the BV.

Real pathetic attempt by Hot Toys at double dipping. With these figures side by side, they both look EXACTLY the same aside from a little bit of dirt. Sad...

Real pathetic attempt by Hot Toys at double dipping. With these figures side by side, they both look EXACTLY the same aside from a little bit of dirt. Sad...

Well, how should he look?

In the movies, he looked exactly the same except with a bit of dirt after battling...

Well, how should he look?

In the movies, he looked exactly the same except with a bit of dirt after battling...

Well that's the thing, the difference is so minor that it's really not worth making 2 versions (which just screams double-dipping, it's painfully obvious).

Or if they really wanted they could have given us interchangeable pieces of clothing or something ala Iron Man and his battle damaged armor that can be swapped with the clean armor.

He's dirtied up and comes with a totally different base, a different shield, plus the distinction of being an exclusive, limited variant. What exactly is the foul here? Everyone is still getting their regular CW cap. I see no issue.

However, if the guy up above is not going to put any real effort into displaying or posing these properly, then openly wonder what he should do with them, then yeah I guess they're gonna look kind of samey at a glance.

I've had this guy for over a week and I love it so much. He's so fun to pose, but the straps for the shield were pretty bothersome. Instead of taking the straps off and plugging them back in everytime I switched hands I just decided to glue some magnets to make posing with the shield easier.

He's dirtied up and comes with a totally different base, a different shield, plus the distinction of being an exclusive, limited variant. What exactly is the foul here? Everyone is still getting their regular CW cap. I see no issue.

However, if the guy up above is not going to put any real effort into displaying or posing these properly, then openly wonder what he should do with them, then yeah I guess they're gonna look kind of samey at a glance.

I see no issue either. It's not any different from the Mk7 and the Mk7 battle damaged promo in my eyes.

I think the battling version should've included a bloodied sculpt.

I don't have a problem with them double dipping. You get two figures that are more affordable instead of one big package that may price some people out.

Or maybe they just thought it would be cool to make a Cap that actually has a dirty(ish) suit for once while still giving everyone else their normal, clean suit Cap. I agree it would've been cool to have a bloodied face sculpt included, but as is this is the first Cap I've ever owned and is probably my favorite figure in my collection (the rest is mostly Star Wars). I do think I will try to pick up a clean shield at some point but personally think the gritted teeth face place looks odd so I doubt I'll bother picking up that head set. If they had also included interchangeable eyes though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back