1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys -- so I'm the guy who had the Cap figure with the loose legs. Any way the seller is telling me that Sideshow is offering a body to send to me, but I would need to use the current clothes on my Cap figure and dress up the new replacement body.

I've never done anything like that before, ever. My question to you guys who do customs and mods, is that an easy thing to accomplish for a complete newb like me? Cause I don't want to end up ripping his clothes or not getting it onto the new body just right. Cause otherwise my other option is to just straight up return it.

Thoughts???

there should be a couple videos on Youtube. I know clipper king had his AOU Capt apart so CW shouldn't be much different.

Hey guys -- so I'm the guy who had the Cap figure with the loose legs. Any way the seller is telling me that Sideshow is offering a body to send to me, but I would need to use the current clothes on my Cap figure and dress up the new replacement body.

I've never done anything like that before, ever. My question to you guys who do customs and mods, is that an easy thing to accomplish for a complete newb like me? Cause I don't want to end up ripping his clothes or not getting it onto the new body just right. Cause otherwise my other option is to just straight up return it.

Thoughts???

If you're feeling nervous about doing the outfit swap (and there's some reason to be) then just return it. There's no fear of this selling out anytime soon, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a new one.

there should be a couple videos on Youtube. I know clipper king had his AOU Capt apart so CW shouldn't be much different.

Thanks for informing me Battoys12. I just looked up the video and it just seems like too much of a hassle. I'm a collector who just wants the figure as is right out of the box. I'm not interested without any mods or touch ups, so to me this is way too much work and quite honestly, it's beyond the scope of what I can accomplish.

I guess I'll have to return him and buy him from someone else then.

:(

If you're feeling nervous about doing the outfit swap (and there's some reason to be) then just return it. There's no fear of this selling out anytime soon, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a new one.

Yep, I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing.

Return and hope to buy a new one from someone else selling it at a reasonable price.

Thoughts???

I agree also that I'd just straight up return it for a refund and then repurchase it.

Yea I would definitely return it and just buy another one. Too much work for something that's still available

Love the fight ready face ! IMG_4454.JPGIMG_4457.JPGIMG_4461.JPGIMG_4464.JPGIMG_4465.JPG

Same here. Really helps differentiate it from the other Cap figures in my opinion. And many HT figures in general, as many of their sculpts all have the same closed lip stoic expression.

I put this on the winter soldier stealth strike body and it's worlds worlds better...

Is the SS body that you put this (presumably) CW outfit on modded or stock? If it's the stock SS body that you put this suit on, I don't see how that makes it worlds, worlds better. I like my SS Cap figure, but it's one of the weaker Cap bodies. Flat chest and poor articulation. This CW body is far superior to it.

Back