1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...I definitely want him but I want to try to get my finances worked out for the next couple of months before I preorder. Hopefully he won't sell out while I figure things out. I've already got 4 other hot toys i'm paying on through June. I'm debating whether or not I want to commit to paying on hot toys all year on nearly every paycheck.

I need a diecast shield. I hope the Vision picks it up in Civil War.

Easy pass. I can only afford to get one of each character so I pick a definitive version and leave it at that. Of course this version comes with a little more than my AoU Cap, but the effort in selling mine just for a slight upgrade isn't worth the effort. If anyone missed out on the AoU however, I would def. recommend picking this version up.

I'm on the opposite end of that. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should order or pass.
Normally, if its a big improvement, I can pack up the older figure, sell and buy the new improved version.
I do like all the positive improvements this new figures has...but the problem is I also love the AOU figure.
And when I see it looking cool in the shelf, I'm having a hard time thinking of boxing it up to sell.
And I dont want to have both figures cause they're also too much alike.

Ung...not sure what to do.

I'm on the opposite end of that. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should order or pass.
Normally, if its a big improvement, I can pack up the older figure, sell and buy the new improved version.
I do like all the positive improvements this new figures has...but the problem is I also love the AOU figure.
And when I see it looking cool in the shelf, I'm having a hard time thinking of boxing it up to sell.
And I dont want to have both figures cause they're also too much alike.

Ung...not sure what to do.

I sold my AOU cap on today. The body proportions were what ended up winning me over. Cap is up there with my favourite characters, but I've always thought hot toys could never get the body proportions right. So far this civil war version is an improvement on that. Then again, I was a bit sad to see it go. Being the proper red, white and blue costume after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very easy pass- I see almost no difference from the AoU Cap....really HT is going to do about 15 figures from this movie and most will be 2nd or 3rd version of the same charactyers (Well IM is ok because Ht pumps him out no matter what anyhow). Frankly sales will suffer because only so many of these $220+ figures can be consumed even on a Marvel diet!:lol

I had an extra AoU Cap that I picked up when it first came out to keep MIB. To fund CW Cap, I listed it on eBay over the weekend and it was snared in a couple of hours. So I'll just keep the AoU Cap I already have displayed while also adding the CW version. AoU Cap I'll display with the un-helmeted sculpt (as I recently changed to) and CW I'll display with the helmeted sculpt.

However, if I had neither AoU Cap or CW Cap or simply had to choose one between the two, I would probably go with CW Cap.

I sold my AOU cap on today. The body proportions were what ended up winning me over. Cap is up there with my favourite characters, but I've always thought hot toys could never get the body proportions right. So far this civil war version is an improvement on that. Then again, I was a bit sad to see it go. Being the proper red, white and blue costume after all

Yup, that's the main one that's making me tempted to PO this Cap. I do see the improvement on the body proportions.
Its not drastic like the AOU vs stealth...but its there.
But still, there are some things that I like better on AOU.

I think I'm leaning on packing up Cap soon and Pre-ordering this.

Yup, that's the main one that's making me tempted to PO this Cap. I do see the improvement on the body proportions.

In my opinion, the only things you loose by selling AOU to buy civil war are the magnetic shield (which I wasn't mad for anyway, due to the open hand under the shield) and the white on the arms an red on the chest.
Everything else is pretty much the same, but you gain, better body proportions, a new mouth plate, more articulated neck and the ability for cap to hold the shield and it look more realistic.
Just my thoughts. I think whatever way you go, you've got an ace figure in your collection!

Oh and one other thing! Those knee pads!!!

As much as I like AoU Cap (and I've seen pictures of your AoU Cap, he looks boss), I think I would go with CW Cap if I had to choose one between the two. For me personally, I like how it's essentially a stripped down version of the AoU suit. The AoU suit is a little busy I think; probably even for Cap's liking and taste.

I think the CW suit falls right in between the AoU and SS. It has the colors, albeit not quite as bright, of the AoU suit, but the stripped down components that the SS has.

I'm happy enough with my AoU Cap (and the four other HT Caps I own), so this is a pass. I like the new head, but it's just not enough of a change for me to buy this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh and one other thing! Those knee pads!!!

LMAO!!! Omg...Yeah, how could I have forgotten about that POS kneepads. Good gosh...That was what made posing AOU cap such a pain...it never looked right cause the Knee pads had a mind of its own. :lol

As much as I like AoU Cap (and I've seen pictures of your AoU Cap, he looks boss), I think I would go with CW Cap if I had to choose one between the two. For me personally, I like how it's essentially a stripped down version of the AoU suit. The AoU suit is a little busy I think; probably even for Cap's liking and taste.

I think the CW suit falls right in between the AoU and SS. It has the colors, albeit not quite as bright, of the AoU suit, but the stripped down components that the SS has.

Sometimes though...I do like the colors of AOU better. I do like the brown combo with it...and the colors are not as bright as some of the pictures suggest. Its actually more subdued in hand.
But you're right though, and that if you really want to pick one that's better than the other, the civil war figure is the better one.
I dont necessarily feel that way all the time when it comes to upgrading figures...Like with Thor, I didnt bother to get AOU cause I was happy with LA thor. Same thing with Superman...I'm sticking with my extra MOS figure for the Batman v superman shelf.
But I'm really liking the subtle improvements of this figure.

I'd say the biggest improvement is the pants. The fabric look really soft, easier to pose. And the new boots, they got rid of that thong that was wrapped around his foot :cuckoo:

Have to wait on the PO for this guy for now, but hope to pick him up. Missed AOU version, and like that this is toned down from from that. I only wish it had the white on the upper arms. I guess I could mod that though, if I really wanted. Other than that I'm good, maybe different gloves or boots but I'm fine with the ones he has. I actually like that he has the straps back on the shield, just fits his old school style for me. The Crossbones mask is a nice extra.

LMAO!!! Omg...Yeah, how could I have forgotten about that POS kneepads. Good gosh...That was what made posing AOU cap such a pain...it never looked right cause the Knee pads had a mind of its own. :lol

Sometimes though...I do like the colors of AOU better. I do like the brown combo with it...and the colors are not as bright as some of the pictures suggest. Its actually more subdued in hand.
But you're right though, and that if you really want to pick one that's better than the other, the civil war figure is the better one.
I dont necessarily feel that way all the time when it comes to upgrading figures...Like with Thor, I didnt bother to get AOU cause I was happy with LA thor. Same thing with Superman...I'm sticking with my extra MOS figure for the Batman v superman shelf.
But I'm really liking the subtle improvements of this figure.

Yeah, you're right about the color on the AoU suit. While it apparently is a little brighter than the CW suit, I don't necessarily think it's as bright as what people make it out to be. The colors are indeed a bit more muted in hand.

I'd say the biggest improvement is the pants. The fabric look really soft, easier to pose. And the new boots, they got rid of that thong that was wrapped around his foot :cuckoo:

I also like the fabric knee pads on the CW suit. As for the boots, I actually quite like the AoU boots myself. I think the red stirrup (thong) around the boots is a nice touch.

Dammit...o well...Pre-ordered. lol :lol

:lol :duff

lol...:duff
Now...about Winter soldier...
ha ha...jk...I definitely like Winter soldier better so no need to upgrade Bucky. :lol

Oh no, I can completely relate if you were serious. Haha. :duff

I'm probably going to pick-up WS and also Falcon at some point. Those are the only two that I want from team Cap (outside of Cap) being that those are his two best friends. Even though I already have both TWS versions of WS and Falcon and don't want to sell either. Hmm...perhaps that's why I seem to be running out of space. :lol

Back