1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8spread.png

Beautiful photo!

Great idea!

I bought a Mjolnir to go with the upcoming Ragnarok Thor since it's likely to be my only Thor figure. With that figure still a few months away, I did this in the meantime: the one thing I NEEDED to see happen before Chris Evans retired as Cap, which will sadly now never be...
922f17746fcea416510e0a0ffd807f20.jpg
b38f6249ab2636258dfd127fa4bff6c4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So awesome we actually got to see it happen in a AEG!

Not sure where to post this, but I would've liked to have heard CA's theme from his first film again in another film including him. In my opinion, it is one of the best themes for a superhero.

Not sure where to post this, but I would've liked to have heard CA's theme from his first film again in another film including him. In my opinion, it is one of the best themes for a superhero.

There's a brief snippet of the theme that plays during the beginning of TWS when Steve and Sam are running in the morning, and there are even briefer snippets in the first Avengers movie and in Endgame (though there could be more that I'm missing). I agree that it's a great theme that should have appeared more often, but it's difficult with different composers scoring these movies (and bigger and bigger casts of characters). At least the latter two movies share the same composer as TFA.

I loved the score for Winter Soldier and thought it was a perfect sound for a modern Cap movie. I was disappointed Jackman didn't revisit it when he scored Civil War.

It also kills me that the original Iron Man score was never revisited. I'm grateful, though, that Marvel eventually realized the importance of the Avengers theme. Apparently the original Brian Tyler score for Age of Ultron didn't include it, and Danny Elfman eventually came on and slid it back in.

All of those movies scored by Brian Tyler were utterly forgettable.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I loved the score for Winter Soldier and thought it was a perfect sound for a modern Cap movie. I was disappointed Jackman didn't revisit it when he scored Civil War.

It also kills me that the original Iron Man score was never revisited. I'm grateful, though, that Marvel eventually realized the importance of the Avengers theme. Apparently the original Brian Tyler score for Age of Ultron didn't include it, and Danny Elfman eventually came on and slid it back in.

All of those movies scored by Brian Tyler were utterly forgettable.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Thor the Dark World would like to have a word with you.

There's a brief snippet of the theme that plays during the beginning of TWS when Steve and Sam are running in the morning, and there are even briefer snippets in the first Avengers movie and in Endgame (though there could be more that I'm missing). I agree that it's a great theme that should have appeared more often, but it's difficult with different composers scoring these movies (and bigger and bigger casts of characters). At least the latter two movies share the same composer as TFA.

I've not seen TWS but good to know, yep I noticed snippets in A1 and EG. Yeah I'd figure the scope of the setting of the films posed a problem with the characters/teams scores.

Sorry if this has been discussed a thousand times already, but does anyone know how to safely remove the clips to take the shield off his arm? Bought mine without instructions and given how inefficient the search function is on these forums I don't know how much digging I'd have to do to find out.

It’s been awhile since I’ve messed with this figure at all. The other day I switched out the gritted teeth faceplate after having had it in for so long for the neutral faceplate, then remembered I had an extra AoU Cap sculpt and figured if I was going to have the neutral expression, I might as well use an actual fixed sculpt as opposed to just the faceplate. I’m certain it’s old news, but I was pleased with how the AoU sculpt improved the proportions a bit on this figure, as has been mentioned before, the stock helmeted sculpt with the interchangeable faceplates is a bit narrow and this particular sculpt is a bit wider with imo a better likeness and I believe the more accurately colored chinstrap with the lighter brown. The raised shoulder pads still give the traps a straight look, but the better proportioned sculpt imo slightly improves the overall boxy look to the upper torso. Gives me a new affinity for this figure; the last Cap figure with the fabric suit before HT switched to the synthetic material.

A520CE5C-8EC2-441A-9DCD-75A310DABC16.jpeg

It’s been awhile since I’ve messed with this figure at all. The other day I switched out the gritted teeth faceplate after having had it in for so long for the neutral faceplate, then remembered I had an extra AoU Cap sculpt and figured if I was going to have the neutral expression, I might as well use an actual fixed sculpt as opposed to just the faceplate. I’m certain it’s old news, but I was pleased with how the AoU sculpt improved the proportions a bit on this figure, as has been mentioned before, the stock helmeted sculpt with the interchangeable faceplates is a bit narrow and this particular sculpt is a bit wider with imo a better likeness and I believe the more accurately colored chinstrap with the lighter brown. The raised shoulder pads still give the traps a straight look, but the better proportioned sculpt imo slightly improves the overall boxy look to the upper torso. Gives me a new affinity for this figure; the last Cap figure with the fabric suit before HT switched to the synthetic material.

View attachment 549625
This is still the best Cap in my opinion.

The EG Cap is crap, I really don't understand how people can praise that (especially since the very same people dumped on the proto which is pretty much the same as the final product)...

I’m starting to think that as well as far as CW being the version to have. I was starting to sour on him a little bit, as the boxy torso was bothering me. But as I said, I recently changed the sculpt and reposed him, and I now have a renewed admiration for this figure. It’s funny how sometimes that’s all it takes. I also do like the fact that he’s the last Cap figure to have the cloth suit, as I’ve never really cared for the the new synthetic material they’re using. It looks nothing like the material of the actual suits to me.

It's got the same issues that the Endgame Cap has. Big part of why Endgame Cap is such a big disappointment, was that they fixed those issues... on the concept suit that came out a couple years between each of those two figures.

Back