1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CW Cap next to Endgame Captain Marvel!!!!!

690BYxE.jpg

CrO99aG.jpg

"Danvers, we need an assist here."

VPOzCp3.jpg
Man that size difference seems excessive.....am I wrong?

I was thinking that also. I don’t think it comes in the form of CA being too tall though. I think generally HT makes their female figures a little small. Sometimes it works, such as for BW for a 5’3” ScarJo. But not for a 5’7” BL or Daisy Ridley.

I was thinking that also. I don’t think it comes in the form of CA being too tall though. I think generally HT makes their female figures a little small. Sometimes it works, such as for BW for a 5’3” ScarJo. But not for a 5’7” BL or Daisy Ridley.
It doesn’t work for ScarJo, either. Her figures do indeed work out to be 5’3”, but they didn’t account for the fact she’s wearing 6” heels. So they’ve made her like a 4’9” person wearing 6’ heels.

Their male hero characters are oversized and their females undersized.
D604188E-2CDB-4C67-97C4-55452860AE66.jpeg

Nice! I only even saw it through the window on the box and it’s basically wrapped in plastic so you can’t see much :lol I imagine with the suit being fabric, it’s potentially more poseable than the EG version? I think aside from the body, the only other not would be I that I wish it was as dark blue as the EG Cap suit.

Cool! Thanks :hi5:

Your picks have got me wondering if I should track one down to do some work on, so I’ll be sure to take a walk back through the thread to check out 🙂

You bet! Yep, the fabric suit of CW Cap lends to more pose-ability. I like to think this is a classic figure, even with some of its shortcomings, it holds its own. Have I enabled you to pick this up? Lol :lol

Nice pics. Out of the movie suit Cap figures, CW Cap is my favorite. I like the suit design and prefer the fabric over the vinyl. It looks nicer and more accurate to me.

Thanks! I can see why some would prefer the fabric suited figures, plus one needn't worry about leaving them in action poses for a long period of time.

Man that size difference seems excessive.....am I wrong?

tenor.gif

(Kidding :rotfl)

Yeah as aforementioned the consensus seems to be the Cap Marv figures are under scaled, as well as other female figures, in comparison to the male figures. Though, the disparity doesn't bother me at all. I bought a few parted out EG Captain Marvels, so I'm going try to add ankle extenders on one (not only for height but improved articulation too).

tenor.gif

(Kidding :rotfl)

Yeah as aforementioned the consensus seems to be the Cap Marv figures are under scaled, as well as other female figures, in comparison to the male figures. Though, the disparity doesn't bother me at all. I bought a few parted out EG Captain Marvels, so I'm going try to add ankle extenders on one (not only for height but improved articulation too).
Let me know if that works. I might give it a shot.

You bet! Yep, the fabric suit of CW Cap lends to more pose-ability. I like to think this is a classic figure, even with some of its shortcomings, it holds its own. Have I enabled you to pick this up? Lol :lol
Almost! Once I get a chance to stroll through this thread a little more I'll decide.

I'm slowly piecing together my ideal big 3 avengers. Only thing that sucks is how much it costs to do so being so late :lol :slap So If get a battling Cap and mod it to my liking, I may add pieces from the EG Cap and sell what I don't want. I've got an EG Stormbreaker and new bare arms from the IW Thor to swap out for an eventual Roadworn Thor whenever I can manage to pic that one up.

Last edited:
Ok

I didn’t use really long extenders bk I didn’t want to make her proportions look strange, but I think they made a noticeable difference …

Attachments

• 21359323-3E34-433B-BF39-433DE12989C4.jpeg
    21359323-3E34-433B-BF39-433DE12989C4.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 5FBC7E9B-2A3B-4B04-93E1-04445C4B8805.jpeg
    5FBC7E9B-2A3B-4B04-93E1-04445C4B8805.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 52
Almost! Once I get a chance to stroll through this thread a little more I'll decide.

I'm slowly piecing together my ideal big 3 avengers. Only thing that sucks is how much it costs to do so being so late :lol :slap So If get a battling Cap and mod it to my liking, I may add pieces from the EG Cap and sell what I don't want. I've got an EG Stormbreaker and new bare arms from the IW Thor to swap out for any eventual Roadworn Thor whenever I can manage to pic that one up.

Yup, it does feel unforgiving being late on some figures, and the after market for this one seems to fetch a pretty penny. I hope you can attain one should you go for it :)

Well I added ankle extenders to the first version of this figure and I was really happy with the outcome. If I can find the before and after pics I will repost them here

Ok

I didn’t use really long extenders bk I didn’t want to make her proportions look strange, but I think they made a noticeable difference …

Two more …

Nice pics again Omega! I recall you sharing these on the Captain Marvel thread and agree the subtle difference makes a substantial difference.

I got the set from onesixthkit but they don’t really work for this figure unfortunately. The holes are too big for the endgame version at least. I know you can try to make it work by spreading nail polish remover.
In the end, I ended up using blu tack to add basically the same amount of height.

I stupidly forgot to take before photos.

Attachments

• B2AAA41D-34B7-478A-96B3-E5AE01297F62.jpeg
    B2AAA41D-34B7-478A-96B3-E5AE01297F62.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
  • A4C9C283-0D4F-4B5E-81FC-7F7C8F755F69.jpeg
    A4C9C283-0D4F-4B5E-81FC-7F7C8F755F69.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 51
  • B4732869-A66D-425B-87C2-8F0387336540.jpeg
    B4732869-A66D-425B-87C2-8F0387336540.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 51
I got the set from onesixthkit but they don’t really work for this figure unfortunately. The holes are too big for the endgame version at least. I know you can try to make it work by spreading nail polish remover.
In the end, I ended up using blu tack to add basically the same amount of height.

I stupidly forgot to take before photos.
That is a great result Koob!

Back