1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so frustrating with Hot Toys that just when you think they've recognized and fixed a flaw you'll see the same damn flaw on a subsequent figure showing that the previous 'fix' was probably just a happy accident.

You've got Cap and his box body and another example that comes to mind is when they appeared to realize with DX10 T-800 that a T2 Arnold needs a less buff body than a T1 Arnold as he was slimmer in T2. Previously the T2 MMS117 and T1 MMS136 had shared the same buff body and MMS117 never really looked right, he was a bit of a pinhead and the jacket didn't fit the body well. DX10 corrected that (albeit while bringing new much debated issues). But then Hot Toys go and use the DX10 body on the T1 Police Shootout T-800 while at the same time making the heads bigger! So much for HT self-correcting. Suddenly they downgrade what should have been peak Arnie into a relatively normal gym-goer.

So I'd love to see a Civil War Cap 2.0 but would it better than this one? Maybe, maybe not. You just can't say for sure. You would think it ought to be but....

Last edited:
My sentiments as well lately. 2.0 these days seem to only boast minimal real upgrades, if any. They seem to reuse things where they can.

My only real gripe with this particular figure is also the lack of traps, though I really do think the majority of it comes from the vest sorta coming off of the body on the edges. I also think the body is a bit too bulky for Evans’s physique, but the SS/AoU helmeted sculpt mitigates that slightly due to its better proportions imo than these interchangeable faceplate sculpts. The SS/AoU helmeted sculpt seems to be the go to one.

Overall, I’m happy with this figure again after reposing him and swapping out the sculpt. I like the CW suit and I like the fabric HT used to use up to this figure. Him and Mk46 look great paired together. I have little faith that HT will make a perfectly proportioned Cap figure and that the CA one was a happy accident, as you said. If I recall correctly, weren’t people saying that it had nothing to do with the body having traps, but more it was just because of the way the suit was tailored and it had air pockets in it or something that in effect made it look like he had sloping traps? Something like that.

My sentiments as well lately. 2.0 these days seem to only boast minimal real upgrades, if any. They seem to reuse things where they can.
That's the sad part about it. They know the original figure (plug in whichever character) goes for a nice amount on the secondary market so they know they don't have to do much to get a piece of that action. These days a 2.0 is merely updated paint apps really and that's only b/c that's what the factory is producing these days. There was a time when upgrades were a decent job. Original TDK Batman, then DX02 then DX12. Each one had their share of issues, but for the most part were pretty nice upgrades that I say warranted spending money on. Now, a 2.0 (which is really just a reissue) is just to get "new" collectors or ppl who say they "missed out."

That or they include a nice diorama base that warrants a $100 price hike, but the actual figure is more less the same with the only real upgrades being new paint apps as you said. The new TDK Catwoman, for instance.

That or they include a nice diorama base that warrants a $100 price hike, but the actual figure is more less the same with the only real upgrades being new paint apps as you said. The new TDK Catwoman, for instance.
Exactly. Brand new base+paint apps=completely updated figure in the eyes of Hot Toys these days :LOL:

Last edited:
I have a feeling were going to see a chainmail Cap as the final suit. I assume Marvel knows how classic the chainmail is and people want to see it. No way Evans leaves the MCU with the dirty suit as his final suit (I hope).

Awesome that we did eventually get scaled Cap! Albeit at the tail-end of EG :lol

Scored a loose Cap figure for a decent enough deal :yess: This one seems more bulky than AoU.

Hah, the loose figure I'd gotten only came with the un-helmeted Rogers head and the hands, but I chanced upon an AoU helmeted sculpt for another decent deal. Plus I nabbed a parted out EG (dirty) shield for CW Cap as well! :yess:

You're a great one for reading back through threads. The amount of posts I've received likes for that I posted years before 'liking' posts was a thing on this forum :lol

:lol

Yep I like looking back through (older) topics, lots of great discussions and photos from members. Of course as I go through them I dish out some "likes" along the way - I wonder if anyone else does feel surprised to receive notifications from older threads :lol

Civil War Cap! I have my other Caps stored away, so I'm going to have CW Cap displayed, and in part to represent EG too :lol I gotta say, though, while I ultimately prefer the EG final battle Cap as my favorite film figure, this CW is impressive as well. I appreciate the fabric costume in contrast to the more recent 'vinyl-y' material used for super suits, it allows for more ease of pose-ability and gives a nice look. I can see why some favor these (older) figures (such as AoU too).

(I used an AoU head sculpt!)

F25nbiF.jpg

dwoA67k.jpg

gwHRa6E.jpg

ucqop2g.jpg

The EG shield works well! Also got a parted out EG stand too!

zd51I15.jpg

GP95eDO.jpg

LnUpEwO.jpg

MktoI5n.jpg

ymAY8vO.jpg

Having never opened my Battling CW Cap before I sold it, I will say I never got to appreciate it for what it was nor did I pay any attention to this thread or figure.

Were there any mods done to it to get the body shape more accurate? Was this the one where everyone was changing him over to an MoS body?

Having never opened my Battling CW Cap before I sold it, I will say I never got to appreciate it for what it was nor did I pay any attention to this thread or figure.

Were there any mods done to it to get the body shape more accurate? Was this the one where everyone was changing him over to an MoS body?
Yeah this is a great figure. I think he was my second or third figure I bought. Like Zurdo I live Cap and was really happy to have this representation of him. The costume is done really well although I think the pants are a bit too baggy.
But as you suggest I think quite a few people probably did switch out the body because the body he comes with is very “boxy” he has big wide shoulders and a deep chest, but almost no traps so it looks sort of weird in that respect.

I believe @irok84 did a good mod when I browsed through this thread, I think one of the major things he did was specially fold the suit to make it appear as though the traps were present.

Yeah I think some did a body swap on this one, plus I recall a fair number of folks who did the MoS body swap with the Stealth Strike figure.

Yeah this is a great figure. I think he was my second or third figure I bought. Like Zurdo I live Cap and was really happy to have this representation of him. The costume is done really well although I think the pants are a bit too baggy.

Agreed!!

But as you suggest I think quite a few people probably did switch out the body because the body he comes with is very “boxy” he has big wide shoulders and a deep chest, but almost no traps so it looks sort of weird in that respect.

Yep, I agree the proportions are a bit subpar in comparison tho the more recent EG Cap, and as you mention (and as denoted by my pics above :lol) CW Cap has less defined traps and has a bit bulkier upper body. (But of course that doesn't seem to bother me at all.)

Nice! I only even saw it through the window on the box and it’s basically wrapped in plastic so you can’t see much :lol I imagine with the suit being fabric, it’s potentially more poseable than the EG version? I think aside from the body, the only other not would be I that I wish it was as dark blue as the EG Cap suit.

I believe @irok84 did a good mod when I browsed through this thread, I think one of the major things he did was specially fold the suit to make it appear as though the traps were present.

Yeah I think some did a body swap on this one, plus I recall a fair number of folks who did the MoS body swap with the Stealth Strike figure.
Cool! Thanks :hi5:

Your picks have got me wondering if I should track one down to do some work on, so I’ll be sure to take a walk back through the thread to check out 🙂

Last edited:
Back