1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Captain America Figure

One of the improvements that have made since version AoU is pants, from the waist to the crotch are shorter, so you do not need to lower better see the stripes on the abdomen.
AOU version is very nice, I got it, but this certainly will be better, even if only slightly.
Then you have to see how it will differ from the version with chain mail suit.

Not enough of a change to justify a purchase for me.

This looks like a kitbash :lol

One of the improvements that have made since version AoU is pants, from the waist to the crotch are shorter, so you do not need to lower better see the stripes on the abdomen.
AOU version is very nice, I got it, but this certainly will be better, even if only slightly.
Then you have to see how it will differ from the version with chain mail suit.
Good eye on the pants, That was the one detail about AoU cap that drove me nuts...

I thought something seemed different about CW Cap besides the slight color changes... Didn't occur to me to look for measurement differences... The design of the pants appears to be the same otherwise, maybe the color is darker... Makes me wonder if I could get away with getting the newer pants and switch them out. The ones on AoU don't look right adjusted lower.

And what's this about a 2nd cap from this line? That's the first I'm hearing about it. I'd hope he would use scale-mail over chain-mail.

Good eye on the pants, That was the one detail about AoU cap that drove me nuts...

I thought something seemed different about CW Cap besides the slight color changes... Didn't occur to me to look for measurement differences... The design of the pants appears to be the same otherwise, maybe the color is darker... Makes me wonder if I could get away with getting the newer pants and switch them out. The ones on AoU don't look right adjusted lower.

And what's this about a 2nd cap from this line? That's the first I'm hearing about it. I'd hope he would use scale-mail over chain-mail.

I am referring to some promo-art I've seen, wearing the same uniform that Cap of CW with the addition of flakes (chain mail) on the chest and shoulders. Maybe in the final battle ...
If it is not the one I'm waiting for me.
I will buy that of CW normal and then I will wait to A3.

There's no chance they take the exact same suit and add scales. It was an artistic Liberty taken on a Walmart tshirt. Not like the promo art released by marvel which does not have it in any of it. If they do it it's a completly unique suit.

There's no chance they take the exact same suit and add scales. It was an artistic Liberty taken on a Walmart tshirt. Not like the promo art released by marvel which does not have it in any of it. If they do it it's a completly unique suit.

We hope!
Thanks

The scales have also shown up in LEGO marketing... I'm thinking it's legit.

Didn't say he wouldn't have scales, just it's not going to be the same suit. Though LEGO gets some right, they get it wrong at times too. For merch it makes no sense. You have the Aou suit. Minor color changes for the CW suit. Then just add scales? I don't see it.

And remember LEGO has sets that are not direct tie in to the film as well. And the suits of the other mini figures are different then the figures we have seen so far.,like falcon being all white with red (wings and suit), not black and red. Things like that. I would not be surprised to see cap get his iconic Alex Ross scale suit. I just am pretty confident it won't be scales over the same suit. I would have said maybe it was CG layer later in post...and that its just one suit. But now that hot toys teased theirs the suit makes at least an appearance as is(plus trailers) so I don't see them going that route.

Last edited:

If the scales is a whole new suit... that would be amazing.

I think with LEGO, you gotta know what to take seriously and what not to.
I remember with IM3, they had a LEGO set where Mandarin was driving a mechanical spider.
This is obviously a lot harder to believe than say
Spoiler Spoiler:

Right. That's very true. I would expect your spoiler to be true. Given its essentially ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Captain America Figure

So....this interview happened. We are getting the scale mail suit!

While recent Civil War promo artwork has all but confirmed Captain America donning a new suit with the classic scale mail design, the Russos were then asked if we’ll actually see it in the movie. "It is a new costume," said Anthony Russo as he and his brother grinned. "We were trying to pull forward the work that we had done in Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Cap. So, the innovations that we made to his costume in that form are very much the tonal texture that we are pulling forward. Civil War is very much connected and rooted in The Winter Soldier. So, as far as the specifics of the costume, we don’t want to give too much away, but it is a new costume slightly different from what you’ve seen before. And it’s grounded in that Winter Soldier tone."

Well, make it possibly two Caps and a Falcon that I'll be buying from CW...so far. :slap :lol

Last edited:

Ready for this! Skipped AOU hoping Cap would be the same, but without the red stripes on the chest.

congrats I guess? I'm really disappointed it is basically the same outfit. Tad bit weak and uncreative if you ask me. I know I know you didn't ask, but freedom of speech is a ***** isn't it LOL.

HPGR_Thrawn ready for this! You could have just colored in the read stripes on the AOU Captain LOL. Just a jK please don't take it serious.

I may consider parting out the pants depending on how the color matches and how the kneepads sit. Otherwise, this isn't a large enough change to warrant a duplicate. I would rather get a new figure with that dough. That being said, this is a great figure for those that wanted the AOU cap and had no luck.

So....this interview happened. We are getting the scale mail suit!

While recent Civil War promo artwork has all but confirmed Captain America donning a new suit with the classic scale mail design, the Russos were then asked if we’ll actually see it in the movie. "It is a new costume," said Anthony Russo as he and his brother grinned. "We were trying to pull forward the work that we had done in Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Cap. So, the innovations that we made to his costume in that form are very much the tonal texture that we are pulling forward. Civil War is very much connected and rooted in The Winter Soldier. So, as far as the specifics of the costume, we don’t want to give too much away, but it is a new costume slightly different from what you’ve seen before. And it’s grounded in that Winter Soldier tone."

Are we reading the same thing? Lol not once does he say scale Mail. Or chain. Or scale. Or mail. He says it's based on the winter soldier suit. That's its "slightly" different then we have seen before. That perfectly describes the CW suit we have seen.

People see what they want way to often.

As I've said we may get the armor/mail suit. But outside of a random Walmart tshirt there has been nothing, this interview included (which isn't new, btw), to say as much. In fact 99% of what we have seen is exactly the opposite. From actual footage to hot toys figures to bTS images of the suit to magazines...

Sounds to me like that part of the interview was less about them describing a new uniform and more about trying to explain it in a way that doesn't point out how similar it is to the AoU uniform.

That's what I got to. More like the "hey we did the strike suit and it's great so we don't need to change it much" then the "yep, small change of armor plate". Lol

I just do not see in that interview, other then the written in portion by the site about it, where it leads to scale mail in any fashion.

Sounds to me like that part of the interview was less about them describing a new uniform and more about trying to explain it in a way that doesn't point out how similar it is to the AoU uniform.

:exactly:

Of course they have to make it sound interesting by stating that it's similar to previous renditions, but that it's still different. Wouldn't be very interesting if they essentially said they just more or less reused the AoU suit.

Back