1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Captain America Figure

I wonder if it will come with a second unmasked sculpt like the AoU version? I think they need to do some different accessories just to make it stand out from the previous release.

It seems like the AOU version sold out fast (glad I got mine). So, I'm guessing there is still a market for those who don't even have an AOU version without them worrying about making it look different. As for the possibility of a unique accessory, that wouldn't be enough to make me want to get the CW version in addition to my AOU Cap. I can always pick up an accessory when people start parting it out. But for those who missed AOU Cap and don't want to pay big after market prices, the CW Cap seems like a great option.

It seems like the AOU version sold out fast (glad I got mine). So, I'm guessing there is still a market for those who don't even have an AOU version without them worrying about making it look different. As for the possibility of a unique accessory, that wouldn't be enough to make me want to get the CW version in addition to my AOU Cap. I can always pick up an accessory when people start parting it out. But for those who missed AOU Cap and don't want to pay big after market prices, the CW Cap seems like a great option.
Yeah I picked up the AoU version also before it sold out.

I am hoping there is a different BD version as an exclusive or something. Surely he gets beaten up a bit in this film. They've never made a BD Cap before so it would be a nice change.

Yeah I picked up the AoU version also before it sold out.

I am hoping there is a different BD version as an exclusive or something. Surely he gets beaten up a bit in this film. They've never made a BD Cap before so it would be a nice change.
If he does and is costume is ripped to shreds or something that would be cool- but only if it's in the movie. (I don't want to know if it is or not right now though, I'm avoiding spoilers)

Man, I have every Captain America figure in existence and then some....but I really see no reason in buying this since I already have AoU Cap. I was really hoping for a new outfit in Civil War.

Man, I have every Captain America figure in existence and then some....but I really see no reason in buying this since I already have AoU Cap. I was really hoping for a new outfit in Civil War.

I feel the same way. I can't justify the purchase.

Anyone who has AoU Cap has no reason to buy this, the changes are marginal at best. Not sure if it's the photo but the shoulder padding on CW Cap does look a little beefier over AoU. I'm surprised HT didn't try to throw in something to sweeten the pot, like a new unmasked HS or something.

Last edited:

Maybe HT will do another 2-pack again with Rogers in civilian suit.

Anyone who has AoU Cap has no reason to buy this, the changes are marginal at best. Not sure if it's the photo but the shoulder padding on CW Cap does look a little beefier over AoU. I'm surprised HT didn't try to throw in something to sweeten the pot, like a new unmasked HS or something.

That would make it harder to resist. As is, it's gonna have to be a pass.

I have AoU Cap, but I will be getting this without a doubt.

Unfortunately, I'd be inclined to guess that this won't include an extra unmasked sculpt. With the exception of TWS dual pack, no Cap figure from his solo movies has included a separate sculpt. Even then, the AoU unmasked sculpt was essentially a recycle (with some minor alterations) of the civvy Steve sculpt.

I'd also be inclined to say that they won't make another dual pack with this and a civvy Steve CW version figure. It sounds like many people are going to pass on this figure who already have the AoU version, and I don't think simply throwing in a civvy Steve figure would be enough to drive people to get it. The Strike Suit is a seemingly unpopular Cap figure and throwing in a civvy Steve figure wasn't enough to persuade people to get it.

I could be wrong on both, both those are just my guesses. I especially hope I'm wrong regarding the extra sculpt.

If he does and is costume is ripped to shreds or something that would be cool- but only if it's in the movie. (I don't want to know if it is or not right now though, I'm avoiding spoilers)

I dunno... Marvel supposedly nixed the King Arts cracked shield replica (from Tony's AOU vision of the future) because they didn't want merchandise sold that showed Captain America in a "defeated" nature. Even if they allowed him to get beat up in the film, I wonder if they might still resist making merchandise showing it.

I'm surprised HT didn't try to throw in something to sweeten the pot, like a new unmasked HS or something.

First of all, they've about nailed Chris Evans' likeness with the last sculpt, and he really hasn't changed much in the past couple of years.

And second, who's to say they won't? This is an early prototype at a toy show, not pre-order solicitation photos. When they showed AoU cap at Toy Soul 2014, there was no sign of the unmasked head sculpt he would eventually come from. The AoU Thor prototype used the DW head as a placeholder, and lacked the electricity effect they would come to include with the figure.

There's a reason they put "Not Final Product" placards in front of every figure at these shows.

For those who wonder why they haven't included anything to make this figure more appealing....it's early. At last year's Toy Soul, we had no idea that it included a Rogers sculpt or had a magnetic shield. Same goes for figures like Black Panther not being shown ... we were only shown the 6 Avengers and Hulkbuster (and Thanos) last year and all others didn't appear until later.

So who knows...

Missed out on AoU cap. Will be getting this. Liked the other boots better, but not enough to justify after market prices when I can get this. Do hope it comes with some interesting accessories. Either way, it's a must have for me, but only because I didn't get AoU cap.

Looks great, but it's a bit too similar to the other versions I own for me to justify buying this.

:exactly: I feel a bit like that too (although I have said that about every other Cap figure and ended up getting them all - except the Golden Age version!!) :slap

Still thinking should I get this or wait to see the chain-mail one.... or just wait for AV3.
I just need 1 Cap, but which one?

Still thinking should I get this or wait to see the chain-mail one.... or just wait for AV3.
I just need 1 Cap, but which one?

Do we know if the chain-mail one even a real thing? or was that just some creative license taken on some promo art? (if there are story element rumors to Cap getting chain mail armor I don't want to know, but if it has been confirmed as a costume that will be seen in the film in general I am fine with knowing that much).

looks like a combination of the last 2 styles he had.i wonder why marvel changed the magnet shield grip?ok,back to the old style.but it makes it harder to place it on his back. i like the suit,hoping for a different helmetless head sculpt and some extras maybe

Do we know if the chain-mail one even a real thing? or was that just some creative license taken on some promo art? (if there are story element rumors to Cap getting chain mail armor I don't want to know, but if it has been confirmed as a costume that will be seen in the film in general I am fine with knowing that much).

Nope there's only a Walmart tshirt so far and rumors. And the suit from that shirt is exactly the same except in a few spots it's got scales drawn on.

Nope there's only a Walmart tshirt so far and rumors. And the suit from that shirt is exactly the same except in a few spots it's got scales drawn on.

Yea, that's what I thought. I'm happy to be wrong, but I have real doubts that there will be chain mail version.

3XiIy9Y.jpg

Man, it will be hard to justify buying this one as it is near identical to AoU Cap.

But I'll likely still buy it.

Back