1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just got this bad boy out of the box finally and noticed that the figure's legs are really loose.

Anyone else experience the same issue?

Like his legs don't adhere to a pose for long since the articulation isn't stiff and the slightest movement makes his legs move. Whereas compared to the upper body, his arms are stiff and stay in a pose.

Do I have a defective figure? Thoughts?

That does sound like they're too loose to me, if it essentially can't be posed.

Mine just arrived, extremely happy with him. Joints all seem tight and he's posing very nicely. Really happy with the swap out mouth, and unlike some I had no problems getting the shield on his arm. My only gripe would be the clup used to attach the shield to his back -- it works okay, but it's not ideal.

Would recommend. :yess:

Ugh, now I dunno if I should try to buy another one since the leg joints are loose...

I mean if I pose him with the stand then it shouldn't be a big deal, but still it's kind of annoying to know his legs are loose...

Ugh, now I dunno if I should try to buy another one since the leg joints are loose...

I mean if I pose him with the stand then it shouldn't be a big deal, but still it's kind of annoying to know his legs are loose...

Immediately pack him back up and contact your seller . Tell them your problem and get a replacement before he sells out . That simple . Unless you bought it from eBay then just stick with it .

Received my replacement body and shield back from Timcent at last!! Looks great on the shelf. As much as I loved the AOU ver the tailoring and proportions are that little bit better.
50f61040d7301d523d3f97b94f6fd2e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immediately pack him back up and contact your seller . Tell them your problem and get a replacement before he sells out . That simple . Unless you bought it from eBay then just stick with it .

Yeah, that's the problem, I bought Cap on eBay...

I'm thinking of maybe buying another one and selling the defective one once I lock down one that has no issues.

It's a lot of money . The legs should not be loose .

Ugh, you're right! He was an eBay purchase, so I don't wanna return him cause then I'm out of shipping money and I have no replacement coming my way...

Looks like I'm gonna need to try and find another one on eBay then. The vicious cycle continues.

Ugh, you're right! He was an eBay purchase, so I don't wanna return him cause then I'm out of shipping money and I have no replacement coming my way...

Looks like I'm gonna need to try and find another one on eBay then. The vicious cycle continues.

Just buy a new buck (body) off OneSixthKit -- lot's of good options for Cap on there.

If you're comfortable with disassembling a figure you can just add some krazy glue (or equivalent) to the joints and that might help make the joints more sturdy. All you have to do is remove the pants and see if the joints are damaged at all. Either that or the screws for the hip joints are tightly screwed in. Then all you need is a screw driver.

Take the pants off and try tightning up the screws, or just buy a ws or AoU body and switch out the parts that are problems

Thanks for all the suggestion guys, but I'm not really big on self-tinkering and customization since I've never done it and I'm not really looking to get into that. I'm kind of a the mindset that if I pay for something it should be pristine right out of the box.

So I guess my only options are to refund or to wait it out, buy another one and then sell the defective one once I've got a non-defective one. [Sigh]

Back