1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read a few responses before posting this. AoU Cap and CW BV Cap In my opinion are about on par with each other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses but instead of going down the AoU road since it's been discussed to death 💀, I'm actually going to focus on the regular CW Crap 💩 oh sorry, I mean Cap.

Aside from the ridiculous straps for the shield, the shield itself is absolutely THE WORST painted diecast Cap shield HT has released so far. Yes, the stupid back material on his outfit sucks too but it actually does help articulation even if it doesn't exactly look great. Another positive is the shorter gloves that do help make for more convincing punch poses and the like. But really? The regular version is just the first Cap fight with Crossbones and I'm so surprised that HT left the Avengers A on the BV version (took them off day 1).

I'm sorry for anyone who is loving their Regular CW Cap but I just think it's basically just one small step above the SSS Cap. Other issues I have with the regular CW version is the head and separate neck. Maybe I missed that in the promo pictures but I'm not, and have never been, a fan of the separate neck and head (last Cap that used this was GA Cap). Now there's a definite possibility that with the interchangeable mouth pieces, they had to use the separate neck but I feel a little more R&D and they could have kept it a solid piece.

Definitely glad I was able to pickup both of these (x2) as I knew modifications were going to be needed for me to actually display the figures the way I felt was not just consistent with the film but also with my vision of my ultimate CW displays. As soon as I received my regular CW Caps, I immediately swapped out the gritting teeth mouth, head and neck for my BV Cap. Thankfully, the pose I chose for my BV Cap (holding his shield to block IM repulsors) hides most of the neck to head seam but neither are really as stunning (all around) as AoU Cap In my opinion. Anyways enough rambling, here's a few side by side shots of the 2 CW Caps.

Last picture shows the difference between regular CW Cap shield and In my opinion, the best shield so far, AoU Cap shield.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 416
Yeah I love my figure. I'ts my first Cap and it will be my only Cap. Hot Toys did a tremendous job with this beauty!

In that shield comparison photo, the aou shield kind of looks like a plastic toy compared to the CW one. I think it's the Crimson color and the weathered metallic look in the CW shield, way more realistic.

Besides the black outline the CW shield looks a lot better than the AoU one.

How'd you get that on a head I wanted to do that
Well, it's something you may not want to do. The helmet can actually split in half ( the front mask portion and the back of the head) at least mine did. It snapped back together also (didn't test to see if it would stay intact) it's so perfect, I could actually glue it and no one would be able to tell. I just used the front (masked portion) and covered the back of his head with the hoodie he wears and put the back portion to the side. the key is getting a head sculpt that's fairly small and or bald to fit the mask. I don't plan to ever sell my Cap so this wasn't a big deal for me, plus I'm sure I could buy a spare on the after market.

Yeah I don't understand what we're looking at.

Again, that pic shows that the top shield has a nice metallic shine and the bottom is very flat.

Last edited:
AoU cap shield, as someone mentioned, looks like a cheap plastic toy.

CW shield looks like an actual Vibranium shield.

Glad I waited for the CW version. AoU looks way too comicy/gimicky with its exaggerated colors.

I have all of the HT shields and a few non HT shields and my personal favorite one is the golden age version but i like them all.

I have all of the HT shields and a few non HT shields and my personal favorite one is the golden age version but i like them all.

Agreed 100% that it's the best BD shield on the 1/6 market. I personally just have preferred the clean shields on the clean Caps. This new one fits the BD look whereas all the other HT Caps have always looked clean (minor exception for Rescue Version).

GA shield is probably the second best shield to me. It's a relatively clean shield while having some slight BD, but not enough to really consider it a "BD" shield.

The shield to me though has always had that dark crimson red color that the CW shield has.

I noticed a paint chip in my shield. Sideshow is offering $30 credit to keep the shield or send a replacement but they want me to destroy the old shield. What do you guys think? Simple enough to touch up or get a new shield.

Cap Shield Chip 2.jpg

I noticed a paint chip in my shield. Sideshow is offering $30 credit to keep the shield or send a replacement but they want me to destroy the old shield. What do you guys think? Simple enough to touch up or get a new shield.

Wow $30 credit, I'd keep the shield

Thanks. I am going to give it a try. I am not above taking a chance with a figure. Besides if I screw it up too bad I am sure I can find one parted out.
Well, it's something you may not want to do. The helmet can actually split in half ( the front mask portion and the back of the head) at least mine did. It snapped back together also (didn't test to see if it would stay intact) it's so perfect, I could actually glue it and no one would be able to tell. I just used the front (masked portion) and covered the back of his head with the hoodie he wears and put the back portion to the side. the key is getting a head sculpt that's fairly small and or bald to fit the mask. I don't plan to ever sell my Cap so this wasn't a big deal for me, plus I'm sure I could buy a spare on the after market.

View attachment 295377

How do they expect you to destroy the shield? Don't they know it's made of vibranium?

I'd go for the replacement personally, that chip would bug me to no end. ... OR, take the credit, buy the shield parted elsewhere for about the same price (call it a wash), and you have a spare.

Back