1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take the $30 credit and keep the shield. You could touch it up with matching paint or make it into a battle damaged shield. Use that $30 towards another figure which is really good since the average discount code is $20.

Take the credit, just put the shield on his back and no one will see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd personally take the replacement...seems less of a hassle than trying to figure out a way to fix it. Besides, I doubt you'll be able to get a metal HT Cap shield for $30...$70 seems more like the going rate?

Yeah, might as well get replacements while you can. I had a couple suit defects on mine, and they immediately had me send it on for a new figure.

Even a month from now that might not be possible.

Replacement seems smarter, plus when you break your defective shield you wind up with the broken shield from Tony's nightmare in Age of Ultron.

And we all know that shield is worth a hell of a lot more than $30.

I actually like the CW shield the most. The most accurate HT Cap shield to date in my opinion.

I would say that anyone who sees the CW shield in person will be stunned by its beauty and accuracy! The pictures do not do it justice! I showed the figure to my wife and the first thing that she did (without any prompting) was remark on how amazing the shield was. Definitely amazing in person!

Yeah, might as well get replacements while you can. I had a couple suit defects on mine, and they immediately had me send it on for a new figure.

Even a month from now that might not be possible.

What defects did you have?

What defects did you have?
The stitching was loose on one of the flaps near his neck and detached as I was examining, and had some paint rubbed off the red stripe on the forearm.

I thought boxing up the accessories and returning the entire figure was a bit much but that's what they wanted.

Bought the parted out CW uniform and put it on a Man of Steel Body. I just need the face plated head sculpt and new shield to complete it. IMG_0323.jpg

For only spending $30 as opposed to $230, it's definitely passable. However, I would agree with Bjjer that for me personally, the proportions are off in the sense that it looks too big. Not in girth, but the MoS body is just way too long.

MoS is too tall, it looks fine as a stand alone, but not when posed with other figures.

Or with the rest of the MoS line. I have him posed with MoS Jor-El and Zod and they look fine next to one another. However, for space reasons, I have Christopher Reeve Superman next to MoS Supes and it looks comical because the heights are reversed. Reeve is a good 3-4 inches taller than Cavill but the MoS Supes figure makes Cavill look about 3-4 inches taller than Reeve.

The MoS Supes body isn't really a good body to use for any other outfit because it's too long.

So just got this bad boy out of the box finally and noticed that the figure's legs are really loose.

Anyone else experience the same issue?

Like his legs don't adhere to a pose for long since the articulation isn't stiff and the slightest movement makes his legs move. Whereas compared to the upper body, his arms are stiff and stay in a pose.

Do I have a defective figure? Thoughts?

Back