1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

Bull.

Robin Blake is a great character in the Batman mythos! He singlehandedly deduced that Bruce Wayne was Batman because he felt it in his bones in stuff (and because the plot called for it). He connects to Bruce telepathically and has an orphan Annie complex. He doesn't use guns! He'll be the next Batman!!!

That's worthy of a figure or two. Fingers crossed for a DX Detective Blake with PERS and alternate vest and shotgun look.:pray:

Don't forget his ability to recognise lorry drivers, get kids in a school bus and drop messages into a sewer.

We are all different.
I find Blake a more interesting character.
But i am not trying to say Joker isn't interesting. If i got one for my birthday(In a couple of weeks time, hint, hint), i'd be over the moon.
But i probably wouldn't buy it myself, whereas Blake would be a first day preorder for me.

Really?? fan of Joseph?

I really like this one, but I don't know if I'll buy this. I'll wait for more news I guess

You're entitled to your own opinion but Gordon is just so much more awesome as a character.

Thanks. Of course i am, lol.
I love the character of Gordon. And he has one of my all time fave speeches ever in a movie in TDKR. The music in the scene and the dialogue delivery(I had tears in my eyes in the cinema the first time i saw that scene). I'd just far prefer a Blake in my collection than Gordon. Nothing against Gordon. I just prefer Blake, for the same reason i have Bane and Seline but have no interest in Joker or Dent or Scarecrow.

I personally think that Blake was a great character. Love the idea of the passing on of the torch and that Batman can be anybody! JGL was great in the role, and since it is Nolanverse, I wish we could have seen him become Batman or Nightwing...

I love the character of Gordon. And he has one of my all time fave speeches ever in a movie in TDKR. The music in the scene and the dialogue delivery(I had tears in my eyes in the cinema the first time i saw that scene). I'd just far prefer a Blake in my collection than Gordon. Nothing against Gordon. I just prefer Blake, for the same reason i have Bane and Seline but have no interest in Joker or Dent or Scarecrow.

The music really makes Gordon's speech. I have no interest for scarecrow either. It's interesting how people's tastes vary from person to person.

Is that "far better thing than I have done" line from a real poem? I'm not familiar with it

Is that "far better thing than I have done" line from a real poem? I'm not familiar with it

It's from "A Tale of Two Cities."

You're going to give ol' DiFab a heart attack with that kind of talk. :lol

Well I agree Blake is a decent strong character..but boy did you stir the pot here- you can't put TDKR in a good light on these boards- :rotfl

You're going to give ol' DiFab a heart attack with that kind of talk. :lol

I am sure we can all express an opinion.

Well I agree Blake is a decent strong character..but boy did you stir the pot here- you can't put TDKR in a good light on these boards- :rotfl

With the closure we got at the end of TDKR, i felt that was the best movie of the three in my opinion. There, i said it.
It had the best score, i preferred Bane to Joker(Personal opinion once more), and i liked that Bruce got out and was able to find peace.
Plus The Bat... Always The Bat... How it haunts my dreams, lol.

Nah, I just loled. :lol

I actually cried too, it was that painful.

I think the primary problem on this forum is that when you post an opinion, there will always be a select small group of people who(If your opinion differs from their opinion), take it as an insult on their momma. We see it all the time when a figure comes out(Or is previewed), and the same small group of lunatics keep posting about hom much they hate the figure, over and over, again and again. Debate is fine. It's great to chat about a topic when you are in the presence of someone whose opinion differs from yours, because it's the best way to see both sides of the argument.
No opinion is wrong. But everyone's is different.
My opinion that Bane is better than Joker is not wrong. It's just that. MY opinion.
I'll respect other people's opinion, but no-one can tell me my opinion is wrong. All they can tell me is that it differs from theirs. It will never change my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I did laugh at the tears part of your post.

Also, just to be clear, I didn't mean that your post made me cry or that it was painful, I meant the movie.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I did laugh at the tears part of your post.

Also, just to be clear, I didn't mean that your post made me cry or that it was painful, I meant the movie.

I note your opinion on the matter. But if you steadfastly hold your own opinion on how bad you think it i is, you have to understand there are others who lie it just as much as you hate it.
I suppose if you have ever seen a stage production of A Tale Of Two Cities, you will see how apt the quote was.
So many great quotes from that.

Charles Dickens said:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only

If the Batsignal lights up I'll buy it in a heartbeat :lol

Excellent. I'll take Blake, you can have the signal and the Gordon figure.

I read a tale of Two Cities, good book and play.

Having Gordon read lines from it for a Batman/Bruce Wayne eulogy though? Hokey as ****. Still not as bad or over the top as that Supermanesque statue that the city erected in his honor though.

If DiFabio makes fun of anyone here for liking TDKR, just make fun of him back for being a big fan of Iron Man 3.

I think I'm in a minority here but I enjoyed both Iron Man 3 and TDKR.

Back