1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

Although the lines were good, I agree that they were a little out of place in the film. The statue was awkward for me. I just don't see that happening for Batman

If DiFabio makes fun of anyone here for liking TDKR, just make fun of him back for being a big fan of Iron Man 3.

Seriously..IM3 ? Really? Geeeeezzzz

I won't poke at him- we all have different tastes..nothing wrong with that.

I don't think I've even seen trailer footage of IM3. I watched part 1 and had part 2 on in the background one day. It just doesn't seem all that interesting to me. The only Marvel character that ever caught my interest was the Incredible Hulk.

Username, your response to my playful ribbing toward DiFabio's dislike of TDKR gives me the impression that you may be taking some people's comments too seriously. That could be a contributing factor if you've been finding yourself in escalating disagreements on the boards.

Seriously..IM3 ? Really? Geeeeezzzz

I won't poke at him- we all have different tastes..nothing wrong with that.

Thats true, but it’s our only defense once he goes on his TDKR tirade :lol

I don't think I've even seen trailer footage of IM3. I watched part 1 and had part 2 on in the background one day. It just doesn't seem all that interesting to me. The only Marvel character that ever caught my interest was the Incredible Hulk.

Username, your response to my playful ribbing toward DiFabio's dislike of TDKR gives me the impression that you may be taking some people's comments too seriously. That could be a contributing factor if you've been finding yourself in escalating disagreements on the boards.

I thought Iron Man 1 was great, but 2 and 3 are pretty terrible films.

I still can’t get over Tony watching Pepper fall into flames, and decides to continue cracking jokes shortly after. Makes me cringe every time.

Well i'll go on record and say I love TDKR as much as i love TDK and Begins. I though it was a perfect closure to an awesome trilogy.

Thats true, but it’s our only defense once he goes on his TDKR tirade :lol

I thought Iron Man 1 was great, but 2 and 3 are pretty terrible films.

I still can’t get over Tony watching Pepper fall into flames, and decides to continue cracking jokes shortly after. Makes me cringe every time.

That could probably be his way of handling all the stress he's being going through.

Who said I was a big fan of Iron Man 3?

I liked it when I saw it in theaters, and recently when I watched it again on Blu-Ray. That's pretty much the extent of my "love" for it. I think the original Iron Man, Cap II: Winter Soldier and Guardians are much better.

Still, while I don't rate things, I'd say I enjoyed Iron Man 3 more than TDKR. Then again, that's probably because I'm a big fan of Batman and don't mind the crazy exploits and shenanigans of Tony Stark. I got a kick out of the Mandarin twist. It was better than that crap with "Miranda Taters" and John Robin Bloke because at least Marvel was unabashed about it.

Last edited:

If DiFabio makes fun of anyone here for liking TDKR, just make fun of him back for being a big fan of Iron Man 3.

I think I'm in a minority here but I enjoyed both Iron Man 3 and TDKR.

Nothing wrong with that. I like the IM movies too.

Not at all. You are 100% reading my comments as me being upset when in fact i was only stating my opinion and taking no offence from the comments. Perhaps i should use smileys more often, but if you think you read animosity in my posts, read the post again, and this time, in a calm voice, as though i am making an observation, and not trying to be argumentative or sound angry. Because i am honestly not writing these posts that way, and would hope they are not being read that way, as that is counter to my intent. Sorry if they came across that way.
I haven't been in any escalating disagreements on the boards that i know of recently.
Well, there was one a while back, but it was over nothing and i have smoked the peace pipe over it.
What i don't care for on the forums are people who state an opinion like it's truth. It's only opinion. "Back To the Future is rubbish" is an opinion. Not a statement of fact(Incidentally, i like Back To the Future, so no-one jump to conclusions).
I just find it weird that some people take literal offence when someone likes something they don't like, and then have to keep. Cramming. Their. Opinion. Down. Your. Throat as though somehow you will change your opinion if they just keep making their case. :lol
I hate Guardians Of The Galaxy. I have said it on the forum already, so i won't be making issue of it. But i see enough people that like it to make me want to keep quiet about how much i dislike it, because i feel that my negative waves will just make *me* look like the sore loser.
And in that regard, i feel that people who keep harping on about how much they dislike TDKR or IM3 is fair enough once or twice, but why keep berating the films two years later when it's all that they ever say on the matter?
I like discussion. But when it's always with the negative waves, i wonder what purpose it serves?
Just a rhetorical question i suppose, as i am unlikely to ever understand why people do it.
:lol

OMG username, Back to the Future is a great film, that's a statement of fact. What the hell is wrong with you!

Well i'll go on record and say I love TDKR as much as i love TDK and Begins. I though it was a perfect closure to an awesome trilogy.

As much as people are against the idea, I like that Bruce for once gets to move on from being Batman. I wouldn't say I like the film overall as much as the previous two but for me, it has some of the greatest scenes. The first battle between Batman and Bane is my favourite moment in the entire trilogy.

Bane had a lot of great moments. While the 'shock' at his brutality has faded, my enjoyment hasn't. The "Why are you here?" scene in the sewer, killing Daggett, "I'm on your schedule", all great stuff.

More on topic (at least character-wise), while I understand peoples' irritation at the "Robin" bit, I like it. I like that they worked in a partner for Batman in a more realistic way. The idea of Robin in the comics never sat well with me but in this movie they made it work. I would like to see someone try to take it a bit further in a future movie, but for Nolan's films, Blake is as much "Robin" as I want to see. Also, I accept that he knows that Bruce is Batman because I can imagine him seeing Bruce, thinking about the fact that he's a billionaire orphan, then doing some digging and comparing Bruce's history to Batman's.

All-in-all, it's the greatest superhero trilogy of the greatest superhero I know. In my mind, it's going to be tough to beat but it will be amazing, the day that someone tops these films.

As much as people are against the idea, I like that Bruce for once gets to move on from being Batman. I wouldn't say I like the film overall as much as the previous two but for me, it has some of the greatest scenes. The first battle between Batman and Bane is my favourite moment in the entire trilogy.

Bane had a lot of great moments. While the 'shock' at his brutality has faded, my enjoyment hasn't. The "Why are you here?" scene in the sewer, killing Daggett, "I'm on your schedule", all great stuff.

More on topic (at least character-wise), while I understand peoples' irritation at the "Robin" bit, I like it. I like that they worked in a partner for Batman in a more realistic way. The idea of Robin in the comics never sat well with me but in this movie they made it work. I would like to see someone try to take it a bit further in a future movie, but for Nolan's films, Blake is as much "Robin" as I want to see. Also, I accept that he knows that Bruce is Batman because I can imagine him seeing Bruce, thinking about the fact that he's a billionaire orphan, then doing some digging and comparing Bruce's history to Batman's.

All-in-all, it's the greatest superhero trilogy of the greatest superhero I know. In my mind, it's going to be tough to beat but it will be amazing, the day that someone tops these films.

:clap:goodpost::fireworks

I'm really surprised with you BMFDude. You used to be someone I could trust.

Now all I see is a commie.

I'm really wondering why Hot Toys made this.

JGL is a relatively popular actor (given that he's not very prolific), and the sculpt can certainly be used to bash figures from other popular movies (like Inception), giving the figure a wider market appeal.

JGL is especially popular with women - almost always, the first question I get from a girl whenever she sees my collection for the first time, is "Where is Joseph Gordon-Levitt?"

Because as part of the Batman franchise he's an insignificant character, certainly compared to Lucius, or Ras al Ghul.

His significance lies in his being "Robin," a symbolically important character to the entire Batman mythos.

Although the lines were good, I agree that they were a little out of place in the film.

Really? "The Dark Knight Rises" is very much a modern interpretation of "A Tale of Two Cities," which has just as much (if not more) influence as "Knightfall" and "The Dark Knight Returns" on the script. Those lines are very much appropriate.

Really? "The Dark Knight Rises" is very much a modern interpretation of "A Tale of Two Cities," which has just as much (if not more) influence as "Knightfall" and "The Dark Knight Returns" on the script. Those lines are very much appropriate.

I should have said that the entire theme of "A Tale of Two Cities" had no place in a Batman film

Love TDKR.
Love the character.
Love the figure.
Bought.

Not at all. You are 100% reading my comments as me being upset when in fact i was only stating my opinion and taking no offence from the comments. Perhaps i should use smileys more often, but if you think you read animosity in my posts, read the post again, and this time, in a calm voice, as though i am making an observation, and not trying to be argumentative or sound angry. Because i am honestly not writing these posts that way, and would hope they are not being read that way, as that is counter to my intent. Sorry if they came across that way.

I only said you may be taking things too seriously. To expand on that, your response, "I am sure we can all express an opinion," to my joking comment gave me the impression that maybe you're not catching the humour in some peoples' posts. In fact, I was going to post something similar to you about reading animosity in other posts. Maybe some people aren't taking 'literal offence' and you're just reading it that way. Look at how you took my comment as me 100% reading your comments as being upset.

I was just throwing in my observation, trying to be helpful because I thought... (see below)

I haven't been in any escalating disagreements on the boards that i know of recently.

Sorry, I thought you had been in these arguments from your comments about opposing opinions and people acting as if you insulted their mommas.

Back