Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be in the minority but I think modding worked out great for me. I love the extra bit of articulation in the arms because I like the fact that I can finally raise the shield

I think when people are talking about modding this figure, they are talking about how to improve the look of the figure, so since you only modded yours for articulation purposes that doesn't put you in the minority of people wanting to mod this figure. Most people here do want to mod the figure for articulation purposes but are too scared to do it and others just don't think they should not have to mod such an expensive figure just so they pose it but feel they have to.

So I would say the majority of people in this thread still want to mod this figure for articulation purposes but the minority only want to mod this figure for aesthetic reasons.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority but I think modding worked out great for me. I love the extra bit of articulation in the arms because I like the fact that I can finally raise the shield

Love those shots, but I think you shouldn't leave them in those positions for an extended period of time as there's a possibility that the weight of the shield might damage the joints..

Got this in the post today.
I didn't put a shield on him yet:

87884A02-BB49-4B89-9C4C-4D044FD692D7.jpg

8AB78F62-4702-4D78-8FBC-404CC52D7A44.jpg

DF889B9C-2AA0-497E-8F4B-D597D6B5487B.jpg

E8CD2A0D-D970-4259-A857-2A69C6090C8A.jpg

Yeah I know the level of difference is just subjective, don't mind me, I am just venting because I am so disappointed in the final product.

Yes TBH I actually regretted writing my response to your post and was wondering why I cared so much if other people like this product the way it is, that I felt the need to write such in depth statement that implied they were wrong. If you had not replied I would of deleted my post. :peace

I agree their recent figures have been pretty bad like Robocop is one of them. However, those ones you mentioned still look like the same figure if you remove the head sculpt, albeit it the head sculpt is usually the main thing people focus on though. Nevertheless, I was talking about the figure overall, it should look the same and those figures you have mentioned still look the same as the prototype overall. I can't think of a single figure other than this one that has differed so much (in a bad way) from the proto IMO. But like I said in my first response the level of difference is subjective to me it looks like a completely different figure made by another company, for others the differences are not significant. So each to their own.

:duff

So you will keep him in a museum pose then?

Oh that's for sure! However, the body and head sculpts are usually the same, it's just the paint job and level of quality like tailoring of clothes on their PFs are sometimes totally off.

Thanks for the very reasonable reply - I have the figure in a museum pose and I can definitely see where the complaints are coming from - his torso looks boxy. It doesn't particularly bother me because I'm still thrilled with the likeness, the look of the costume, etc. Definitely far from a PERFECT figure though. (This is my 5th Cap figure and none of them come close to that mark - but I love them all. :))

Thanks for the very reasonable reply - I have the figure in a museum pose and I can definitely see where the complaints are coming from - his torso looks boxy.

No worries bro, some times I post things without thinking and unaware that I am venting. Then regret it later.

It doesn't particularly bother me because I'm still thrilled with the likeness, the look of the costume, etc. Definitely far from a PERFECT figure though. (This is my 5th Cap figure and none of them come close to that mark - but I love them all. :))

:exactly:

What bothers some can just be seen as nit picks to others, also like you said the likeness is great and the costume looks nice.

:hi5:

Last edited:
Man...the more pictures of this figure I see, the less excited I am to be getting him. I've already paid for half the figure, though, so I might as well pay the remaining bit and see if I like the figure in hand. I'll probably be selling him right on, though. I just don't think the figure looks any good...

Got my set last night. Really like them more than I thought. Of course the STRIKE arms and flat chest are annoying but the suit looks great and the Rogers figure is really great. I did have a small clip on one shield break very easily so be careful when putting a hand on the shield. It's an easy fix but still annoying. Falcon arrives tonight and I'll have completed TWS line!

Yeah, but they aren't in the hold of a fishing junk populated by chickens, cracked ebola vials and fish heads. They are packed six to a case, several hundred cases in a sealed cargo container...

As for the shipper storage debate, i take all my HT parts out and put them in a Really Useful box(Names for each figure to keep the parts together), then put the box back in the shipper and put it on a shelf in the storeroom at work. I seldom need the boxes, but they are there if i want them.

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

I got a stack of parts for this set in the mail today from Monkey Depot.

89ECB18E-7FA8-40D3-BBB3-95311FBF2FA8_1.jpg

Some of the parts were Steve heads to upgrade my bootlegs.
So, here are some pics. More than one figure has a bootleg head. And more than one figure has an official HT Steve head.
Can you guess which are "real" and which are bootlegs?

A130E3AD-0A18-4ADC-AB18-8CCA8B1A6741.jpg

FADE6B14-42A1-44F7-9BD2-1314006E66BA.jpg

1B9BB2C9-7814-48EF-BB45-B68342388DCD.jpg

6EE4B9A2-C09F-410B-9A3A-618CA10C4556.jpg

I love your organizational skills Barry. I'm stealing this idea. Gotta get some of those.

I love your organizational skills Barry. I'm stealing this idea. Gotta get some of those.

That's not a problem. These boxes cost only a little, and they have all kinds of uses. Steal away. The original job of liberating all the parts from my HT boxes and putting them into these things took about three hours.

Congrats on the pickup, lookin' good! :duff

Thanks.
No-one is looking close at the pics to see the mods, lol.

That's not a problem. These boxes cost only a little, and they have all kinds of uses. Steal away. The original job of liberating all the parts from my HT boxes and putting them into these things took about three hours.

I appreciate your neat organized method too. A man after my own heart. I don't do this for my full sets, but I have my parts bin organized a similar way with different sized bins I get from The Container Store. My bodies I tag and bag and keep in one large bin, but all of my parts are labeled, bagged and binned separately. He's my morgue (all of my True Types are boxed up elsewhere and still in their original packages)

I appreciate your neat organized method too. A man after my own heart. I don't do this for my full sets, but I have my parts bin organized a similar way with different sized bins I get from The Container Store. My bodies I tag and bag and keep in one large bin, but all of my parts are labeled, bagged and binned separately. He's my morgue (all of my True Types are boxed up elsewhere and still in their original packages)

Very neat. Those look great. You collect bodies like i collect heads, lol.

And on the subject of Cap's shield, i took a spare i got from Monkey Depot and gave it a bath in acetone this afternoon. Twenty minutes submerged in there was enough to melt all the paint so it could be rubbed off and buffed to a shine.

3078BB1E-09CF-492F-80BA-423AEB5C3047.jpg

29AA89EB-9814-40F6-98B5-231FE38C8F7D.jpg

1547D526-B3C0-42DF-9715-10045F7C8036.jpg

966BE0A7-8A14-45E3-8828-CE0AECCCB615.jpg

9320C4B9-7619-44AF-828E-73B5D4F01CB8.jpg

357FE895-D92C-4B4C-B46D-7EA683B34672.jpg

7551E010-D40D-43F6-92CA-8FC7F4E7BC39.jpg

Nice Barry! Is the head on GA Cap the official one? If so, how did you get the head/neck to sit lower? Did you buff out the chest at all?

That is an official sculpt. I did the tissue paper trick on the shoulders to bring them up.

Thanks for all the tips man!

Would the tissue paper trick work on Strike suit version? Just curious

Also is that Strike Cap that you just showed us modded in anyway? what did you do?

Back