Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the AOU pics I cancelled this set. This one isn't bad but I love the AOU one more and needed to money to pay for Starlord. Also the upper body on this figure has always bothered me and it appears to me that they have fixed it for the AOU figure

As I said, it is not a big enough difference to bother ME. Obviously, that is in the eye of the beholder (well, I thought that was obvious). This is not a matter of debate - I am not trying to tell you that YOU should be ok with the difference, just please grant the same courtesy to those who disagree with your weighting of the difference.

In terms of figures not matching the prototypes, take a look at just recent figures, all of which had big complaints about difference with the prototype::

-Wolverine from the latest movie of that name ,
-Golden Age Cap (yeesh, that expression),
-CA:TWS Black Widow

Golden Age Cap was bad enough that I skipped it.

One other point - I agree that the proportions are significantly different than the prototype for Stealth Cap, but I don't have a preference for the prototype's proportions (that V shape that some really want just doesn't matter to me). What does bug me is the reduced articulation - but not enough that I would mod the figure.

To each their own - I know some LIKE the GA Cap, for example - I am happy for them and would not try to convince them that they SHOULD dislike him. (Different discussion if you want to criticize Sideshow for not more closely matching the prototype - little to argue about there.)

I like mod my figure but I would not force or convince other to follow.

Fantastic shots Kanine as a fellow collector that likes to think out of the box in putting their HT in different poses as well,
I love the creativity and I salute you! :hi5:

guyver1, you and kanine always seem to have my favorite pictures when a figure comes out. I aim for dynamic poses too, so it's wonderful seeing some great inspiration! :clap

The downside is that I want to pick up more figures than I should because of those pictures. :gah:

hopefully I can score a Rogers for a decent price sometime in the future from this set! I just love the look of the figure!

That was my plan too after the body issues and the AoU figure on the horizon. I ordered a full setup with some knockoff pieces: jeans and body and a decent Rodgers head to pair with some HT parts: Jacket, Boots, Belt, tshirt. Cost me about $80 instead of $320 so yeah...

How do we find out who wins these facebook contests? I enter every one and never see the results. I never get any notifications after entering so I know Im not winning.

I just want to know if there is a place where I can go to find out the results. It's bad enough that Sideshow does not always post the winner of their Twitter contests. Every week or so they have a contest with prizes and I can never go somewhere to find out the results. Someone is getting this stuff.

I won a couple Twitter contests a few months apart. One was for reward points that I never got (coulda swore I followed the rules...) and the other was a Prototype Fett that I did receive.

For those who are interested, Toy Anxiety should have a bunch of broken down Cap two packs up on their website sometime later this evening.

ETA: Scratch that, they posted here on their thread that they are running behind and those parts will go up tomorrow night.

Look who arrived today!

stealthcap1_zpsrdtbwytk.jpg

stealthcap2_zpszy4xqlv6.jpg

stealthcap3_zpsme35btkl.jpg

I am kitbashing a Wolverine using the Rogers body. His jeans and boots are perfect for Logan, and a much better fit than any that are available individually.

I wish the docks was the only delay getting this set...I ordered this set from Urbansamuraihobbies, it will be summer before I see it...and that is just regular time frame...

Back