Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

So I tried doing the fat suit mod and the trim on the rubber shirt. Broke the zipper on the vest and now the inside of the shirt comes out of the sides of the vest. $@?!!!! Now I gotta get a new one and start over.

Is there a way to tell if this is the official Hot Toys Steve Rogers head or if this is a custom?
8b82613e28a24d0f365aaf66815dc916.jpg

How do you tell Barry?

Hot Toys take the sculpt and the painting process involves misting on fine red, orange and yellow paint. Eventually they add flecks of brown for a realistic skin tone, but the customs(Which start off the same colour pvc), usually just mist on brown or fine black for shadows. The result is that HT sculpts have a paint job that looks like proper skin, and the customs generally look slightly more tanned. There's not much in it, but face with a custom and the official one, although the actual sculpt itself is the same, the paintjob will always show out what is the real one and what isn't.
They are getting better.
But the custom costs $35, and that includes the seller having to get the product painted.

Ordered the set from BBTS. Should be here next week. I'm super stoked for it. I know the figure has its issues but I love that suit and I'll make do with the best poses I can. I have no experience modding and don't plan on doing that.

I can't wait till mine gets here and I end up selling it for a loss on eBay. I've never been more disappointed in a prototype to final production piece. If anyone is planning on preordering this from Sideshow please don't, buy it from me I'll sell it for $20 cheaper than SS brand new, I'll ship it as soon as I get it.

The sculpts are so nice it makes up for the torso issues to me.

Also, I was wondering if anyone that has both Steve Rogers and MMS220 Wolverine can help me out. Would Steve's jeans and boots fit on The Wolverine body fine or would they seem oversized? I dunno if Rogers is a bigger figure or not.

I can't wait till mine gets here and I end up selling it for a loss on eBay. I've never been more disappointed in a prototype to final production piece. If anyone is planning on preordering this from Sideshow please don't, buy it from me I'll sell it for $20 cheaper than SS brand new, I'll ship it as soon as I get it.

You know they have a 30 day return policy, right? Or did you not get yours from Sideshow?

Sideshow with flex pay. They charge something like a $20 fee per flex and I did 5 flex payment plus I'd lose my $30 NRD. So cancelling isn't an option.

Sideshow with flex pay. They charge something like a $20 fee per flex and I did 5 flex payment plus I'd lose my $30 NRD. So cancelling isn't an option.

I may take you up on that offer... I am one of the people who loves this figure.

Back