Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture
Sorry I disagree, IMO the difference between the proto and this is night and day, you said it yourself that they used either a MOS or TTM20 body for the proto than the one they used for the product. Using a bigger body with a better shape does not slightly change the look of the figure but DRAMATICALLY IMPROVES THE LOOK as it makes the figure go from looking rather skinny to looking big. The bottom line is this looks almost the opposite to how the proto looked, with the flat chest as opposed to huge pecs the proto has and the rectangular shape torso caused by the fat suit as opposed to the V shape torso the proto has. I honestly don't get how you or anyone can think this figure looks even close to the proto? :confused: If it wasn't for the head sculpt, I would think the figure was made by a different company.

Once again I disagree, the good thing about Hot Toys is that unlike most companies their products look almost identical to their final products, maybe things like tailoring and head sculpts might be slightly off but the figure overall looks close to the proto. The CAP WS figure is the first time I have seen a Hot Toys product differ so much from the proto.

As I said, it is not a big enough difference to bother ME. Obviously, that is in the eye of the beholder (well, I thought that was obvious). This is not a matter of debate - I am not trying to tell you that YOU should be ok with the difference, just please grant the same courtesy to those who disagree with your weighting of the difference.

In terms of figures not matching the prototypes, take a look at just recent figures, all of which had big complaints about difference with the prototype::

-Wolverine from the latest movie of that name ,
-Golden Age Cap (yeesh, that expression),
-CA:TWS Black Widow

Golden Age Cap was bad enough that I skipped it.

One other point - I agree that the proportions are significantly different than the prototype for Stealth Cap, but I don't have a preference for the prototype's proportions (that V shape that some really want just doesn't matter to me). What does bug me is the reduced articulation - but not enough that I would mod the figure.

To each their own - I know some LIKE the GA Cap, for example - I am happy for them and would not try to convince them that they SHOULD dislike him. (Different discussion if you want to criticize Sideshow for not more closely matching the prototype - little to argue about there.)

A question for anyone that's used Paypal through SSC, I was under the impression the money was transferred now rather than later? If they don't take the money til it ships like the usual method I'd better withdraw and save it.

They took mine out right after I placed the order, just like any other Paypal transaction. :)

They are giving one of these away on Twitter right now. You have one more hour to enter. Pretty easy contest, nothing super involved or creative.

Great. BBTS has them AND they're giving them away on twitter? Glad I've paid for 75% of it months ago and yet they refuse to charge my card and ship it to me - because I used flex pay. This is appallingly LOW customer service. Sends me a clear message that giving SS my money upfront has absolutely zero benefit.

Great. BBTS has them AND they're giving them away on twitter? Glad I've paid for 75% of it months ago and yet they refuse to charge my card and ship it to me - because I used flex pay. This is appallingly LOW customer service. Sends me a clear message that giving SS my money upfront has absolutely zero benefit.

I was actually on here to say the exact same thing. I called and they said that there is nothing they could. So I told them that I'll order from BBTS and just let the flex pay run out and return it. They were perfectly fine with that.

I'm tired of SSC. I don't know what happened. They used to be so amazing with even better customer service but now they're really leaving me no choice but to take my business elsewhere.

It's really disappointing

They will refund all payments of you ask them to. I wanted to transfer the NRD and payments I had made to the single Cap, they said they couldn't but they could refund everything, even the NRD.

I wonder if you asked for your payments and NRD back and then just ordered it straight up if you'd get an immediate shipping notice? It still says "preorder", but I wonder what would happen if someone placed an order today how long they'd actually wait. I'm tempted to get one off BBTS, but why lose out on $17 in rewards and pay extra shipping just to get it a few days earlier?

Thanks for the info. Interesting that they'd refund. May call and see if they'll let me take them up on that, it was not offered to me.

They're telling me March. I'm not sure if that's an exaggeration, but it's clear they got one shipment and did not have enough for all the orders. With dock strike, who knows when they will finally receive the rest?

Baffled why they'd think it was okay to ship last to the people who paid first.

PS: One of the main reasons I buy direct from SS is to get it sooner rather than later. Otherwise there are always better prices online - I could save $17 and S&H and more if I waited and bought off eBay.

I wonder if you asked for your payments and NRD back and then just ordered it straight up if you'd get an immediate shipping notice? It still says "preorder", but I wonder what would happen if someone placed an order today how long they'd actually wait. I'm tempted to get one off BBTS, but why lose out on $17 in rewards and pay extra shipping just to get it a few days earlier?

Losing out on the rewards points stink but actually since BBTS is in WI and I'm in IL the shipping is only like .75 cents more.

Most of it for me is the principle in the matter. I order with them because they get figures in and out to their customers first. If that's no longer the case then what's the benefits of ordering through them?

Losing out on the rewards points stink but actually since BBTS is in WI and I'm in IL the shipping is only like .75 cents more.

Most of it for me is the principle in the matter. I order with them because they get figures in and out to their customers first. If that's no longer the case then what's the benefits of ordering through them?

This isn't really their fault though. I'm in the same boat as you with several figures still backed up. This guy and Starlord seem to be everywhere but I'm still a few flex pays away from receiving him despite my requests to move it up; they just don't have the stock in hand and I'm sure if they could move you and I up, they would.

This isn't really their fault though. I'm in the same boat as you with several figures still backed up. This guy and Starlord seem to be everywhere but I'm still a few flex pays away from receiving him despite my requests to move it up; they just don't have the stock in hand and I'm sure if they could move you and I up, they would.

The thing is though is that if stateside retailers within their distribution system are getting their orders then why wouldn't they have offered them to customers?

Back