Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot!!! Mine shipped too, will have it on Wednesday.

This is only for the 2 pack. The solo Cap was released later on HK so I guess they where sent a few weeks after the release of the 2 pack, and with the situation on the docks, who knows....

I have kinda gotten lost in this thread. Could someone please post a picture of the stealth suit straight outta the box so I can tell why everyone hates him so much?

This good enough for you?

The general consensus is that he doesn't have the V shape from his waist to chest as the movie clearly shows him having. HT added in some padding to bulk him up and this further takes away from his shape. This somehow hinders his shoulders as well, but I'm not exactly sure.

It's not just that he doesn't have the V shape he just looks too dam too dam skinny, his shoulders are as flat as pan cakes but this is because the way they put the padding in that area it is like compressed down or something. I mean what in the world was Hot Toys thinking? :cuckoo:

Basically the figure looks like a Steve Rogers before he went into that machine that bulked him up. The body is not that small and the reason for him looking so skinny has to do with fat suit shape and shoulder compressed padding. However, they used a bigger body on the prototype, so even if those areas are fixed he will never look as big as the prototype.

Thanks brother. SO this is about how to mod him to unbulk/give him the V Shapr? I guess I get that.

Yeah and I am mainly to blame for that since I am so obsessed with making this figure look as close as to the prototype I can, that I am hogging this thread. I was thinking about opening a thread that is just for modding this figure, so this thread can mainly concentrate on other aspects of this figure but I have had enough of modding this figure. The bottom line is there is only so much you can do with padding, the suit just needs to be on a different body.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

To say that he looks like pre serum Steve is a huge over exaggeration XD

Well is closer to that look than to how he is in in WS then. The bottom line is that he just looks so skinny, his arms look like twigs because of lack bulk in the shoulders and that oddly shape torso.

I hadn't really kept up with this figure, as I wasn't much interested in it, but it's starting to get really close to "bait and switch" territory here. That straight OOB looks terrible.

I think it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not saying you are wrong but I don't get why you or anyone can think that? The reason it looks terrible to me is because of the body shape. What is the reason for you to think it looks fantastic? :huh

Like is it because the suit looks so nice?

I think it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I am looking forward to getting this set Friday. Is it perfect to everyone, no. Is it perfect to me, yes. I think they nailed the head sculpt, the outfits look really nice and well done, the accessories are great as always, and I think the price is pretty darn good for two figures. I think for the $339 I spent to get this from Sideshow I will be getting my money's worth.

my mod(HTreeve rubber chest + Cap body)
IMG_3299.jpg

I'm getting two to do some modifications on one and keep one stock, so I'll do some posting when I get around to it...

For those who were asking, the SSC website now says "Feb-Mar" for the two pack and "Mar-Apr" for just the single STRIKE suit Cap. So it looks like for now only two packs are shipping.

my mod(HTreeve rubber chest + Cap body)
View attachment 165288

Just rubber chest or entire torso? Did you switch lower torso for the Cap lower Torso? Can you take some more pics on different angles?

Thanks Darkavatar.

No worries bro. :wink1:

I'm getting two to do some modifications on one and keep one stock, so I'll do some posting when I get around to it...

I understand keeping one stock but if you think it is fantastic then why bother modding one at all? :huh

Let me get this straight you want to mod one of these figures so you can take it apart and use it for other custom figures? I don't get the reasoning behind that. :confused:

I figure I'm going to take it apart anyways and use it for making custom figures, so I might as well see how it looks modded. I think the figure looks fantastic, but I don't have it in hand yet.

Back