Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat with WS Black Widow, I used a $50 coupon and now I can't cancel after seeing AOU Widow :monkey2

I am still onboard for this set. I am caught with Arkham City Batman. I hope they improve on that suit of his. If not I will see if they would transfer my reward points over to another purchase. That is one, I am awaiting in hand pics and reviews.

I am torn between WS Widow and AOU Widow. There are things to like about both. But I do feel like WS Widow will be far cheaper than her AOU counterpart.

I'm thinking I'm going to pass on this and just pick up a Steve Rogers headsculpt for AOU Cap if he doesn't come with one.

My 1 version per character rule makes the AOU one a more appealing choice, because it's the Stealth suit design but it also has the red and represents Cap better.

I'm in the same boat with WS Black Widow, I used a $50 coupon and now I can't cancel after seeing AOU Widow :monkey2

TWS Widow is the better figure of the two, IMO. Better hair, better suit. Doesn't look tacky.

Newest isn't always better.

While I'm hyped for this movie, I'm not going to be getting on the hype bandwagon when it comes to all these figures.

Last edited:
Canceled my PO, wasn't impressed by anything here except for the SR headsculpt and just saw the AoU Cap and realized I could save at least $100 and get that one which looks much better and get an SR sculpt later on so I have more money to save up for the QS MK XLIII, so long two pack!:wave
I would very likely cancel except I paid an NRD that has me pseudo-committed. I'm thinking I'll probably ask to return it if it looks as lackluster in hand as it appears to in pictures, though. So, the NRD will pay off in getting more sales from Sideshow initially, but end up actually hurting them when they force a buyer's hands for products that don't meet the expectations that the prototype creates.

I know this is freak taboo... But could someone sum up the issues in one post? Hate to ask but I've been absent and with the awesome reveals the past few days going back pages is a hassle.

Thanks fellow freaks!

I know this is freak taboo... But could someone sum up the issues in one post? Hate to ask but I've been absent and with the awesome reveals the past few days going back pages is a hassle.

Thanks fellow freaks!

The prototype had Evans' V-shape and muscle tone. The final product is as narrow as Tobey Maguire Spider Man. Some people thought it was the tailoring or the padding underneath. The real problem is that Hot Toys needed to make a body specifically for this figure to match Evans' size. Instead they used a stock body to save money and gave us a big-headed, malnourished Stealth Cap.

Not to mention some of the rubber parts separating from the suit and frayed edges on the sleeves.

Is there any chance to change the body with a narrow shoulder body? For example this one:

$_57.JPG

Sorry if this has been answered already, ive been out of the loop for a few months. How do people already have this as early as Nov? Ive had it preordered since April and it says expected January 2015.

Hot Toys is based in Hong Kong, figures always are released there first. Then it takes them about a month to reach the US, which is when Sideshow starts distributing them. To be honest, I don't know how you get them in Japan?

I was stationed in the military there, I have since moved but BBTS and Sideshow both would ship to APO there. I understand that much being Hong Kong based and shipping them in containers, basically what I meant was people in the US and UK on youtube have received them and have video reviews already of this set.

I was stationed in the military there, I have since moved but BBTS and Sideshow both would ship to APO there. I understand that much being Hong Kong based and shipping them in containers, basically what I meant was people in the US and UK on youtube have received them and have video reviews already of this set.

cof probably answered this already, but just in case...a guy who goes by the name Budget Stark picks up figures the very first day they drop in HK for YouTube reviewers. They typically get their figures within a week of first day of sale.

That's why the reviews are posted so quickly, whereas the vast majority of collectors in North America, Europe, etc. have to wait weeks and even months for theirs to arrive.

One can also buy these figures off of HK sellers on eBay, if they want them before everybody else, but that option obviously comes with a higher price tag.

cof probably answered this already, but just in case...a guy who goes by the name Budget Stark picks up figures the very first day they drop in HK for YouTube reviewers. They typically get their figures within a week of first day of sale.

That's why the reviews are posted so quickly, whereas the vast majority of collectors in North America, Europe, etc. have to wait weeks and even months for theirs to arrive.

One can also buy these figures off of HK sellers on eBay, if they want them before everybody else, but that option obviously comes with a higher price tag.

But how come it takes so long from Hong Kong to the states?

But how come it takes so long from Hong Kong to the states?

They are literally shipped on a slow boat from China. Then they have to clear the port and customs before they go through Sideshow's warehouse to be shipped either to SS's customers or to the various retailers that get their stock from Sideshow. It takes time.

Slow boat from China, indeed. Three weeks on the boat alone plus freight unloading time in the States.

Back