Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats exactly why I want this fig too, man! I LOVED this suit during the Heroic Age. I remember being disappointed that they didn't save this suitable when hopefully Steve became director of SHIELD eventually but the film really made me change my mind on that whole thought. After I saw the film, I just had to buy the two pack as well as Winter Soldier as soon as I got home. I absolutely love that movie.

I'm going for a comic look so I may buy a red shield for him.

And does anyone know when Sideshow or other retailers will receive these and ship them out? I ordered mine at Alter Ego.

:hi5: The Heroic Age had some of my fav looks for the MU.

My flex pay has it's last payment scheduled for Jan 5. So I hope they keep that date.

Did I miss a review that just killed this figure or something? I watched ClipperKing's(haven't had time to watch any more) but it seems people hate this fig. What happened?

What sealed it for me was I just watched the movie again and noticed how much bigger Chris Evans looks in the uniform than what Hot Toys gave us. That Rogers head sculpt hypnotized me, but the tailoring on the clothes just completely obscures the muscle definition of the body. (Also I keep seeing pics where the masked head looks too big.)

What sealed it for me was I just watched the movie again and noticed how much bigger Chris Evans looks in the uniform than what Hot Toys gave us. That Rogers head sculpt hypnotized me, but the tailoring on the clothes just completely obscures the muscle definition of the body. (Also I keep seeing pics where the masked head looks too big.)

Also civie Cap which is supposed to be the best part of the set actually looks like **** in Optibotomus review...neck is way too long, makes the head look weird as hell...only reason it looks ok is because of the jackets collar, as much as I would want to own a cap and live the stealth look, this figure is garbage

On the subject of reviews, being first is nice and all for an early look at the figure but I still go through all kinds of reviews. Just because you have a figure first, doesn't mean your review is best or is to everyone's liking. I like all sorts of perspectives and every reviewer covers figures in a different way. In fact I go through reviews of older figures I'm interested in all the time. Even with newer ones it's not like I stop watching them once I see the first review of a new figure. For me it's about the quality and honesty of the review, not who's first. Just my 2 cents. So keep doing what you do Optibotimus! Sorry to derail the thread again! Back to the Cap discussion. :wave

On the subject of reviews, being first is nice and all for an early look at the figure but I still go through all kinds of reviews. Just because you have a figure first, doesn't mean your review is best or is to everyone's liking. I like all sorts of perspectives and every reviewer covers figures in a different way. In fact I go through reviews of older figures I'm interested in all the time. Even with newer ones it's not like I stop watching them once I see the first review of a new figure. For me it's about the quality and honesty of the review, not who's first. Just my 2 cents. So keep doing what you do Optibotimus! Sorry to derail the thread again! Back to the Cap discussion. :wave

"first" often means rushing...which is something i hate doing. Even if i DID get a figure from Tony, it wouldn't go up right away. And don't worry lol i'll keep doin em :p

I just watched Optibotimus' review and honestly, I think both figures look just fine.

I did the same on my lunch break, and I agree. I agree(as much as I can without the fig in hand) that the Stealth suit is restrictive. But I watched Clip's mod video and I think I can make it happen. I am still jazzed about it.

Great review Optibotimus btw!

I've watched a few of Sean's vids. I think he's too rough with his figures. Then again, it does exhibit how rough one can be with them and they still stay intact.

Which is annoying considering my Widow's belt broke when it simply got caught between the leg and the torso, and Sean Long over here doesn't break anything while playing with them like an 8-year-old :lol
Thanks to the video reviews I'm cancelling my two-pack. Just not "feeling it" and there too much good stuff coming out I'm more interested in.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I didn't have this pre-ordered, but I was really thinking about it for after Christmas. Now I don't think I'm gonna order it, maybe I'll just get Star-Lord and wait for AOU Cap. (Who'll hopefully come with the best Evans sculpt HT has done!)

Have u tried asking SS if they could transfer your deposit towards another figure?

Not sure what their current rules are, but people have managed to successfully do so in the past...

Thanks, called them today. They wouldn't do the NRD (did it once before) but they transferred my reward points. So I'm out 31.00 but with everything else I'm getting in Jan. (Starlord, Tony stark, Hot Rod) I couldn't spare the cash for this.

Also, I don't think these figures are bad, it's just that I have no talent for any mods and the stealth cap would be my lone fig from winter soldier anyway.

I think the AoU Cap is too far off to count on it being better than this. It won't be released til probably this time next year if not later. People will get hyped for it, expecting it to surpass this and then the sculpt will look like GA Cap or something.

I wouldn't hold off on a figure for one that hasn't even shown a prototype yet. Unless someone honestly dislikes Stealth Cap then that's understandable.

I think the AoU Cap is too far off to count on it being better than this. It won't be released til probably this time next year if not later. People will get hyped for it, expecting it to surpass this and then the sculpt will look like GA Cap or something.

I wouldn't hold off on a figure for one that hasn't even shown a prototype yet. Unless someone honestly dislikes Stealth Cap then that's understandable.

What's worrying is that the Stealth Cap proto looked amazing, so there is no guarantee that AoU Cap won't be suffering from the same fate that Stealth did once production starts :(

I can see a lot of folks bailing on this Cap for this one instead.

aoucap1.jpg

aoucap2.jpg

I'm doomed to collect them all.... :thud: I might cancel my TDW Thor for this one. The only thing I don't like is the IM, especially the price point, but of course he gets the special base. You know what, this Thor almost looks the same as TDW Thor..... maybe I won't have to cancel... :lol

I'm doomed to collect them all.... :thud: I might cancel my TDW Thor for this one. The only thing I don't like is the IM, especially the price point, but of course he gets the special base. You know what, this Thor almost looks the same as TDW Thor..... maybe I won't have to cancel... :lol

Some of these, like Thor and the Hulk, are almost certainly placeholders.

Did I miss a review that just killed this figure or something? I watched ClipperKing's(haven't had time to watch any more) but it seems people hate this fig. What happened?

Umm nothing happen, a lot of people have been pissed off the with look of this figure from the get go, not sure why you think people bashing it now is something new. :confused:

Lack of articulation for the most part.

I think the look of it for the most part but yeah people are upset with articulation as well.

People are just upset with the body. I personally think it's fine.

The body is fine, the arms are huge but the fatsuit and poor tailoring of the vest makes his limbs look skinny and as a result he looks small.

In the end, they're just toys, people. I think it could have been so much worse.

Why do people keep using this excuse that it is just toys, so it doesn't matter? While I agree with this to a point, since these can't look exactly the same as they appear in the movie and be a toy that can be posed in many positions. Nevertheless, isn't the reason why we pay so much for these figures is because of accuracy? :dunno

I can see a lot of folks bailing on this Cap for this one instead.

View attachment 152838

View attachment 152839

Yeah that's much better, hopefully from the backlash that Hot Toys is getting about screwing up the appearance of the figure they won't make the same mistake again and actually make the final product look big like the proto does here.

Last edited:
Back