Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank´s, guys...

Here are all the boys together...

IMG_20141211_233813090.jpg

So have warehouse notices from SS gome out for this set? I'm probably going to buy it but want to wait a couple weeks on some pending RPs to come through.

It went on sale in HK three weeks ago. Notices may go out within the next week or so but with the holidays, I wouldn't expect this until the end of the month/early next year.

Hey guys,

Well I can't believe it but I was wrong about certain parts of this figure. I bought a body off ebay with the clothes on it and the arms are massive! :horror

They are just liked the prototype, so they don't need anymore padding, trust me. However, I can confirm that they still lack muscle shape or definition. By that I mean the delts don't bulge out like in the pic below.

So even though the whole arms are big, they do lack the muscle shape like many of us already suspected. However, if you look at all the pics of the prototype they lacked muscle shape in the arms as well and just looked big in comparison with the body.

Ok now to the chest area, as you can see that without the vest in the pic below I took, the pec area is actually quite big.

So the reason why this figure looks so small is because of the fat suit like some have already mentioned. The trouble with the fat suit is that this not only prevents the muscle shape/definition of the pecs, but also prevents them from bulging out from the abdominal area (making the torso not only flat in appearance when the vest is on) but also makes the torso huge and thus, makes the arms look puny in comparison and of course prevents that V shape look to. Not sure this can be fixed, someone did mention cutting different areas of the fat suit to make some places bulge out and give it that V shape. I have my doubts that this will work but I guess it is worth a try.

In the mean time I don't think any one has posted pics of the strike suit without the vest on, so I thought I would post some of mine enjoy. :wink1:

Front

Back

Last edited:
The issues are the shoulders. Too thin to be Captain America. They messed up a cool costume.

The issues are the shoulders. Too thin to be Captain America. They messed up a cool costume.

Too narrow you mean? You think the shoulders are not broad enough? It doesn't look like a narrow shoulder body it looks like an advanced true type but I could be wrong.

However, IMO I think the real problem is the tailoring for the torso, they needed a fat suit in order for the suit to fit. Now by doing that they make the arms appear skinny because the torso is too big and not to mention no V shape, since the fat suit causes the shape of the torso to be straight like a ruler.

Too narrow you mean? You think the shoulders are not broad enough? It doesn't look like a narrow shoulder body it looks like an advanced true type but I could be wrong.

However, IMO I think the real problem is the tailoring for the torso, they needed a fat suit in order for the suit to fit. Now by doing that they make the arms appear skinny because the torso is too big and not to mention no V shape, since the fat suit causes the shape of the torso to be straight like a ruler.

yeah everything else is minor compared to the giant fat suit problem... they could have shaped the fat suit, but of course that would have cost money :ohbfrank:

yeah everything else is minor compared to the giant fat suit problem... they could have shaped the fat suit, but of course that would have cost money :ohbfrank:

Yeah if they did that it sure would solve the shape of the torso and get that V look, but the arms would still look small in comparison to the body. They really shouldn't have a fat suit but should of tailored the vest better to the body, and just padded the arms, since these padded arms are quite big as they are.

Yeah if they did that it sure would solve the shape of the torso and get that V look, but the arms would still look small in comparison to the body. They really shouldn't have a fat suit but should of tailored the vest better to the body, and just padded the arms, since these padded arms are quite big as they are.

well they really phoned this one in

That's the problem with Evans' body - HT doesn't have a TrueType that's dedicated to it, AFAIK. He's not Arnie big nor is he Garfield slim, so they just padded out an existing TT.

Not sure this can be fixed, someone did mention cutting different areas of the fat suit to make some places bulge out and give it that V shape. I have my doubts that this will work but I guess it is worth a try.

I may have been the one to mention this. The idea was to cut out the ab section and leave a more defined chest area. Not sure it will help concerning the shoulder articulation some have mentioned but it might help the overall look. Interested in seeing how it turns out.

Back