Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That second video really makes me feel like the tailoring is the bigger problem. If the chest had been sewn with even the slightest raised area it wouldn't have been an issue. Dunno.

Just watched the shartimus prime review on this, and I must say this figure seems disappointing.

Yeah that's how I felt to after watching that video.

Its too bad because I really liked the movie. Perhaps some people here can make an argument against these shortcomings:

-Cuff of the sleeve is unfinished. As it rubs against the rubber glove it will eventually cause the fabric to fray.
-Arms have no definition, body has no definition thanks to the fat suit underneath.
-Parachute pants look on the trousers, exacerbated by the skinny look of his torso and arms
-limited articulation
-elbow guards and knee guards are not well attached, the tips of the plastic guard start to peel off as you articulate the figure

Its a shame, I actually wanted to buy the two pack. I guess I'll save my money for the mark 42, or the mark 43 if the rumor mill is correct!!!

Interesting points but although the arms look skinny, they are actually very big, it is the large fat suit underneath that is making them look small/skinny in comparison to the torso. Nevertheless, you are correct when you said they do not have any definition.

That second video really makes me feel like the tailoring is the bigger problem. If the chest had been sewn with even the slightest raised area it wouldn't have been an issue. Dunno.

Yes it is the major problem as to why the body on this figure looks skinny when you compare it to the prototype. If they tailored the vest for the torso better there would be no need for the fat suit, since the vest is actually quite malleable and thus, would be able to create the V shape.

Last edited:
I can't watch Sean's reviews without rolling my eyes lol

I can't watch Sean's reviews period. He is the most annoying person on you tube. I don't get why so many people in the collector community love him as he makes us collectors look bad by playing with his toys and doing voices of characters from the movies. He is so dam childish.

I can't watch Sean's reviews period. He is the most annoying person on you tube. I don't get why so many people in the collector community love him as he makes us collectors look bad by playing with his toys and doing voices of characters from the movies. He is so dam childish.

I'm fairly new to the whole collecting thing, besides how goofy his reviews are he also sounds like an absolute fanboy...but whatever man...lol

I really wanted this 2 pack and might still jump on it, but it's been an incredible let down with all the costume issues...I never even noticed how bad the sleeves look...and his pants are just too poofy making him look very disproportionate...I love the shield and the sculpt...but the tailoring is just garbage....I might just hold out for AOU cap.

I'm fairly new to the whole collecting thing, besides how goofy his reviews are he also sounds like an absolute fanboy...but whatever man...lol

I totally agree with what you are saying, I am just making a statement that I can't stand his reviews and was not trying start a debate with you.

I really wanted this 2 pack and might still jump on it, but it's been an incredible let down with all the costume issues...I never even noticed how bad the sleeves look...and his pants are just too poofy making him look very disproportionate...I love the shield and the sculpt...but the tailoring is just garbage....I might just hold out for AOU cap.

Yeah it's pretty bad, I think you can make this figure look somewhat decent to a point but it will never look as good as the proto as far as build goes because of the tailoring, specifically for the torso. :(

What is the base body for Cap? I'm thinking of ordering Kaustik Plastik body as replacement for it.

I totally agree with what you are saying, I am just making a statement that I can't stand his reviews and was not trying start a debate with you.

Yeah it's pretty bad, I think you can make this figure look somewhat decent to a point but it will never look as good as the proto as far as build goes because of the tailoring, specifically for the torso. :(

Well thats pretty disappointing

On top of the sleeve cuffs being roughly finished, they're also too short. Bending the arm even slightly pulls the cuffs away from the wrist, exposing both the frayed material as well as the arm underneath. I've tried over and over to get the cuffs to stay at least somewhat in place but it always pulls away from the wrist. There's just no stretch to the fabric whatsoever.

Museum pose is what he's been resigned to. Looks good but I'd at least like the possibility to pose him in a more dynamic stance.

What is the base body for Cap? I'm thinking of ordering Kaustik Plastik body as replacement for it.

Don't do it. The jacket comes in two parts, a vest and a long sleeve shirt to form the look of the stealth uniform. You can't fully remove the vest unless you cut it open. Watch clipperking's video, the only thing you can really do is pull up the vest and cut off the fat suit underneath.

Sleeves are already frayed. Just left unfinished for some reason. Maybe Hot Toys figured the gloves would cover them up. Their tailoring is usually something I don't have to worry about but they definitely dropped the ball here.

I still really like this figure but it could have/should have been so much better.

What if I super glue the sleves on the wrist, and cover it with the gloves?

Could it rip the uniform on the elbows if I pose him?

You will be even more restricted to move the arka than you already are...the suit from what I hear doesn't stretch much so it won't alow you to bend the allows at all..

For what it's worth, First Avenger Cap has some frayed sleeves too. But it also had the leatherette wrap that went under the gauntlets, both of which hid the sleeves really well. The downside was that the hands didn't go onto the wrist pegs so easily. I don't have the Avengers or Golden Age Cap to compare, but I bet the gauntlets really helped, whereas Stealth Cap is just sleeves and gloves.

Back