Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was broswing through the avengers cap's page and found this which is also from RobbiethePainter. After taking off the fat suit and increasing articulation and slimming the waist, there has to be a way to bulk out the chest and traps so that the figures definition looks better tuned like in the pic above and in this avenger AvCapt_zpsc6ef0a46.jpg

The v-shape and chest issues don't bother me too badly. I'll likely just stuff the chest and call it a day. I'm mainly excited about this kicking off an avengers collection for me. I've been eyeballing DW Thor for a month now and think I'll go Heartbreaker for Ironman.

The v-shape and chest issues don't bother me too badly. I'll likely just stuff the chest and call it a day. I'm mainly excited about this kicking off an avengers collection for me. I've been eyeballing DW Thor for a month now and think I'll go Heartbreaker for Ironman.

good choices, DW Thor is great(I prefer Light over armoured) and Heartbreaker looks fantastic

There's a chance I may pass on AOU versions of characters since basically everyone except for Bruce and Thor aren't popping up in Civil War. They should start filming that by the time AOU comes out, yeah? I'd hope we could get a glimpse of how some of the characters are gonna look in that film to see if the costumes either get better, worse, or stay the same.

Other than that, I just want DW Thor with the silver! I'm assuming they're making one since that's how he looks in all the promo art but yet we see him in battle sleeveless.

Right now I just want Cap and final form Ultron from the AoU line.

I just realized I'll be able to get a regular shield for Stealth Cap once the AoU Cap is parted out. Got quite a wait for that though.

Man, thinking about future figures makes me want Infinity Wars Thanos. Imagine how badass that figure will be. Probably a good 15 inches, alternate Infinity Gauntlet hand, hopefully a stoic headsculpt and a grinning one. Can't wait for that, and the figure is probably close to six years off, lol.

Man, thinking about future figures makes me want Infinity Wars Thanos. Imagine how badass that figure will be. Probably a good 15 inches, alternate Infinity Gauntlet hand, hopefully a stoic headsculpt and a grinning one. Can't wait for that, and the figure is probably close to six years off, lol.

maybe by then we'll get some good villain figures since options are very limited right now

Ultron, Ronan, Nebula, Yellow Jacket, Crossbones, Klaw, Dormammu, Surtur, Maximus the Mad etc etc........

maybe by then we'll get some good villain figures since options are very limited right now

Ultron, Ronan, Nebula, Yellow Jacket, Crossbones, Klaw, Dormammu, Surtur, Maximus the Mad etc etc........
Not to mention new versions of older villains. Loki and maybe even the Red Skull will have returned.

I cannot understand what is he cutting?

Clip, the guy in the video, had already cut and removed the white "fat suit" that covers the figure's torso, pictured below. That's why it's no longer there. He's just explaining how he did it.

stealthfatsuit.JPG

I'm not a customizer/mod guy so I won't be making any changes to the figure. Does it look alright here? I'm trying to overlook what appear to be smallish arms.

stealthcap.JPG

I'll probably have Cap with his shield on his back. I'd like to have him holding it but I just don't like the blue, and I don't wanna get a fake either.

I'm rather tempted to pass on this one and wait for AoU Cap. The flaws are really starting to bug me on this one. Might get Winter Soldier instead...

I'm selling my GA Cap for this set. Figure I might as well.. GA Cap's headsculpt just doesn't cut it compared to the Stealth one.

Back