Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the big test for this figure in my house will be simple: how does it look next to Thor on my shelf? Height, biceps, shoulder width, V-shape, size of the head compared to the body, thickness of the legs, etc. will all be easier for me to judge once I have this figure standing next to Dark World Thor. Thor, by the way, also doesn't seem to have the best V-shape, partly because the upper part of his costume is thick enough to hide it. Certainly his V-shape pales next to Man of Steel Superman (I have them on the shelf together), whose costume is so tight-fitting it might as well be sculpted. But Thor still looks great next to Superman, and if Cap looks great next to Thor, then I'll be satisfied.

I think using the Rogers head is the key.

Yeah the chest looked huge in ssjoeducatiboy's review video when he lifted up that shirt. So I don't think the body is that small but if they had of used a bigger body they would of achieved a tighter fit.

The figure will still look small though just like Clipper's does because the suit is not tight enough to bring out the definition or shape of the muscles, like the Spiderman 3 figures had. They used the fat suit on Cap so the strike suit would have a tighter fit on the figure. However, by using that they totally ruined the V shape torso look and made his arms look skinny, since they have no padding at all. While I agree with you that the body might be fine, the tailoring isn't, thus you need a bigger body in order to get a tighter fit to show muscle definition.

What bigger bodies are out there to use though? And that's if the stealth suit can even be fully removed--Clipperking says he can't get it off.

There was a Thor and Cap pic pages back. I was a little shocked to see Cap bigger body wise. Seems to be in the shoulders and Thor looked a bit scrawny there. Would it not be best to just remove the lower half of the fat suit making for a v-shape?

There was a Thor and Cap pic pages back. I was a little shocked to see Cap bigger body wise. Seems to be in the shoulders and Thor looked a bit scrawny there. Would it not be best to just remove the lower half of the fat suit making for a v-shape?

The shoulders would still be too narrow making the head look big. You need a new body with a wider frame - not a mod of the existing malnourished one.

You know what. Would the dryer thing actually work in shrinking the shirt? XD I'm up for trying something crazy. Worst could happen is that I gotta get another body or just buy another Stealth Cap. Unless someone finds an awesome mod of course. But I'm so down for this.

What bigger bodies are out there to use though?

That is the million dollar question. :(

And that's if the stealth suit can even be fully removed--Clipperking says he can't get it off.

No you would have to destroy the suit and remove the stitching etc. People have already removed the suit though and are selling it on ebay.

Okay, I found this pic of the Cap body in an ebay listing:

Cap Body.jpg

It really doesn't look scrawny to me at all.

Okay, I found this pic of the Cap body in an ebay listing:

View attachment 150088

It really doesn't look scrawny to me at all.

It doesn't look scrawny there but like I said before, because the suit isn't tailored well, in that it isn't a tight fit, the clothes don't hug the figure. That is why he looks scrawny because the clothes are too big for him. So like I said before if the suit was on a bigger body it would fit better and you would be able to see more muscle definition like you did with the Spiderman 3 figures. That is how tight the suit should be.

AWESOME SHOTS !!!!! this figure does have its little niggles and imperfections but all in all i feel it has amazing shelf appeal

Those are excellent pictures! I need to pick up that Steve sculpt.

Superb gallery, paramoremcr88...both look really good there.

Ugh...and we have to wait until January now before we see this set stateside from Sideshow....really appreciate the fine photos while we wait.

Excellent pics Para!!!!! I'm really looking forward to getting this set in a few weeks :yess:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the pics. It's much appreciated. I enjoyed photographing Cap very much (the first with my new camera), the first one is my favourite.

Cool can't wait to see it, but you won't be able to make his arms bigger though since that area is all stitched up right?
yeah brother that is a flop issue on Hot Toys Part the arms biggest issue is the fold of the fabric that crosses over the pit of the inner arm, if it was straight across even and not at an angle it would be different seriously but that slanted fold over the arm right were you bend it is the problematic area and the restriction on the upper shoulder because of the fat suit. They should have used a different material on the fold or that part of the suit as clipper mentioned.

yeah brother that is a flop issue on Hot Toys Part the arms biggest issue is the fold of the fabric that crosses over the pit of the inner arm, if it was straight across even and not at an angle it would be different seriously but that slanted fold over the arm right were you bend it is the problematic area and the restriction on the upper shoulder because of the fat suit. They should have used a different material on the fold or that part of the suit as clipper mentioned.

Yeah that is what I thought. :(

Thanks for confirming that though. :hi5:

Last edited:
Back