Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think that, for the money we pay for these, we would get an appropriate body for each figure. That flat chest really ruins this figure. I'm getting a little annoyed with Hot Toys now, they simply arent putting enough thought and effort into these new figures

You would think that, for the money we pay for these, we would get an appropriate body for each figure. That flat chest really ruins this figure. I'm getting a little annoyed with Hot Toys now, they simply arent putting enough thought and effort into these new figures

Yeah but the flat chest is not because of the body, it's because of the fat suit as the suit prevents the pecs from protruding, thus, making the torso appear as flat as a board. If u cut the below the pec area of the fat suit the chest will stick out, however, the suit might not fit as well.

So the problem is not the body with this figure but a combination of using a suit that is too big for the body, which is why they used the fat suit. Now the only way to fix that is of course get a bigger body and put the suit on there so it can show the muscle definition. The biggest problem that sucks with this figure is that you can't bulk up his arms because that area is all stitched up. If you could do that then you would be able to achieve a decent look like this.

Now I know that still looks smaller than the one in the promo pic in the pic below but at least his arms/shoulders don't look small like the product and the suit has a tighter fit to the body.

up_1.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment. :wink1:

But you just have to watch the video reviews and take into account the descriptions of the figure for people who own this to come the same conclusions I have made. I was really surprized by how big the chest was on this figure when I looked at one of the video reviews.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment. :wink1:

But you just have to watch the video reviews and take into account the descriptions of the figure for people who own this to come the same conclusions I have made. I was really surprized by how big the chest was on this figure when I looked at one of the video reviews.

Will do. I cancelled my order with Sideshow but thats more about import charges than not wanting it, I may still get

Will do. I cancelled my order with Sideshow but thats more about import charges than not wanting it, I may still get

I may still get it to as I really like the suit. I just hope I can find some way of making him bigger, but I know I will have to destroy the suit by doing that so that is why I am on the fence with this figure.

Sorry I should of clarified what I meant by destroying the suit, as I didn't mean the whole thing just the arm part. I meant you have to destroy the area where it is stitched up in order to put padding in the arms. And ironically this is actually confirmed in this video response to my post.

This head sculpt is Chris Evans. So amazing.
I padded the outside of the shoulders and around the neck.

dGbdnuN.jpg

It's a shame you can't do the same for the Strike suit. :(

You did a good job the figure looks great. :rock

Last edited:
Back