Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So all these fantastic shots that have been seeing, these guys have gotten their caps from overseas or the asian market right?

Because I haven't gotten notices from SSC yet and they still have it listed as preorder on their website.

Yup. The U.S. should see this figure till next year. I got my flex payment pushed back to 1/15/2015. :(

It might just be me, but I think this is just another example of the new Cap head being too big for the older bodies. There have been a lot of pictures with the Stealth and unmasked head on other Cap figures (by the way, thanks to all of you for the pictures!), and they all seem to be off to varying degrees. Given that the bodies haven't changed sizes (I think), I'm really starting to believe that all the torso padding is to try to hide the fact that the heads are getting bigger.

Just my two cents... :lecture

The head only looks big because the bodies need to be sooooo much bigger. Its why the prototype for Stealth Cap was perfect. It was wide as hell and had that V-Shape Evans achieved for the role. Right now I keep seeing the pics for Matrix Arnold and it upsets me that they didn't give that size to Cap.

Not cancelling my PO but I'm disappointed with his size in a big way. Hot Toys is nailing sculpts but dropping the ball on bodies.

The head only looks big because the bodies need to be sooooo much bigger. Its why the prototype for Stealth Cap was perfect. It was wide as hell and had that V-Shape Evans achieved for the role.

Yeah but that was because it was padded differently to the final product. I am pretty sure Chris Evans used a muscle suit underneath the outfit and I think the prototype replicated that by using something similar. I use to think they used a different body until I saw this pic of the proto.

I think you can tell just by looking at that picture that the arms are fully padded and it appears that only the chest part of the torso is fully padded not the entire torso. This is what I believe makes the proto look bigger than the final product.

Right now I keep seeing the pics for Matrix Arnold and it upsets me that they didn't give that size to Cap.

It probably would of helped with the chest size but going by ssjoeducatiboy's review of the figure, the chest looks pretty big when he lifts up the shirt on the Steve Rogers figure.

Not cancelling my PO but I'm disappointed with his size in a big way. Hot Toys is nailing sculpts but dropping the ball on bodies.

I know the body looks small but I think it is actually the right type for Evan's, its the suit that is not only padded in the wrong areas but is poorly tailored, which makes it look like a skinny guy in a slightly big baggy the suit. So it is just an illusion that he looks smaller than the prototype.

Last edited:
So all these fantastic shots that have been seeing, these guys have gotten their caps from overseas or the asian market right?

Because I haven't gotten notices from SSC yet and they still have it listed as preorder on their website.

Guyver yes my dear brother these are all purchased from overseas thru either a third party seller or sometimes thru a guy named budget stark who is not a seller but will courier for some collectors in the USA for early HK release dates.

no not really, WS head is a bit larger than usual as well, Cap bodies are all the same size so your point is invalid

Brilliant post, mate.

Yeah but that was because it was padded differently to the final product. I am pretty sure Chris Evans used a muscle suit underneath the outfit and I think the prototype replicated that by using something similar. I use to think they used a different body until I saw this pic of the proto. I know the body looks small but I think it is actually the right type for Evan's, its the suit that is not only padded in the wrong areas but is poorly tailored, which makes it look like a skinny guy in a slightly big baggy the suit. So it is just an illusion that he looks smaller than the prototype.

I think too many people take Evans for a smaller guy. The dude is really wide with a lot of muscle - and no suit enhancing said width and size:

2808s52.jpg

You can't pad a figure to replicate the above. To achieve a natural look and the V-Shape you need a bigger body altogether.

This is clearly a larger body and not just padding. Its too symmetrical to just be padding.

30k4lfc.jpg

HT conned us out of the right body for this figure. The sculpt is fantastic but without the appropriate body its just a big head.

The prototype had broad shoulders which is what the final product needs. That's really the only problem I have with it.

The final product also lacks volume in all his muscles. Unlike the proto where everything is full and symmetrical, the final product is flat.

I think too many people take Evans for a smaller guy. The dude is really wide with a lot of muscle - and no suit enhancing said width and size:

2808s52.jpg

Well I don't think that at all, I still think the arms on this figure are too skinny but when I saw the chest on ssjoeducatiboy's review video I thought wow the chest is actually quite big. Have you seen his video?

However, Evan is pushing his arms/biceps against his body there, making him look more bulkier than he actually is.

Here is a more accurate pic of how he looks.

You can't pad a figure to replicate the above. To achieve a natural look and the V-Shape you need a bigger body altogether.

Yeah I agree you can't use just padding to replicate how Evans looked in the movie but what I was saying is that Hot Toys achieved a bigger look by using padding. The proto still didn't look the same as he did in the movie though. I think only Sideshows WS Cap PF captures how Evan's body looked in the movie.

This is clearly a larger body and not just padding. Its too symmetrical to just be padding.

30k4lfc.jpg

HT conned us out of the right body for this figure. The sculpt is fantastic but without the appropriate body its just a big head.

Maybe there they used a different body but I still think they achieved the effect with padding as the one they had on show clearly doesn't look like that. Here is another pic of the proto, this time with Evan's head.

The body really doesn't look big to me.:dunno

Last edited:
The prototype had broad shoulders which is what the final product needs. That's really the only problem I have with it.

It sure doesn't look like it here.

The final product also lacks volume in all his muscles. Unlike the proto where everything is full and symmetrical, the final product is flat.

Yeah that I agree with but the muscle definition was still not as accurate to how it was in the film with big round noticeable delts.

I was talking about the official prototype pics, like the shot Snikt posted.

Yeah but apparently that is suppose to be the same product as in the prototype pics. Maybe they changed it from when they first showed the official proto pics to when they put it on display. :dunno

9ce3f1c466c50e9c4f2d44b74afc4b16.jpg

Clearly looks different.

Yeah but that is the only pic I have seen where you can see the noticeable V shape torso.

Last edited:
Yeah but apparently that is suppose to be the same product as in the prototype pics. Maybe they changed it from when they first showed the official proto pics to when they put it on display. :dunno

Yeah but that is the only pic I have seen where you can see the noticeable V shape torso.

Here's another pic

352hpjc.jpg

That's Evans head to toe.

I really wish they'd just charged more for the figure and given us the right body. I def woulda shelled out an extra $50 for accuracy

Back